Oh how we wish we could go there

Dave Mellor NJ

15 hours ago, Dave Mellor NJ said:

I just received these pics from my email. All we need is Aladdin's lamp and a big place

Displaying image001.jpgDisplaying image002.jpg

Displaying image004.jpg

Dave....I have been rubbing and rubbing this lamp, but I STILL can't see the photos!

Well I'm building a big enough shop to hold atleast a few of them,  But even if I had the lamp or time machine,  I probably won't have enough money left to buy any of them to put in it,  Even at some of those old timey prices.  It's funny seeing that clean of a 33 or 34 Ford 3 window coupe on a used car lot.  The Custom car lot is pretty slick as well.   Not to mention some great signs.

1 hour ago, 30DodgePanel said:

My index finger is exhausted from scrolling but well worth the effort... (my how we have become spoiled..).

Love the 68 Yenko lineup but the first photo says it all for me. It's fun to dream regardless..

Thanks for sharing

I like the first photo, too. It has a 1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 coupe in the middle of the lineup.

1931 DB in lineup.jpg

10 hours ago, Dave Henderson said:

At today's prices, what's the most valuable prewar car shown?  I'm thinkin' the '32 Ford B400 convertible sedan.

In my dreams I always seek the car I'd most like to have, not necessarily the most valuable. Anyway my pick would also be that B400 followed closely by that 33-34 3 window. Then there's the Auburn in the fifth picture and it looks like a 32 coupe in the first pic. the A roadster in with the B400 is worth mentioning too. I wouldn't turn any of them down

16 hours ago, Dave Henderson said:

At today's prices, what's the most valuable prewar car shown?  I'm thinkin' the '32 Ford B400 convertible sedan.

And if we also include the postwar cars?  It would depend on what options are on those Camaros on the Yenko lot.   Most are aware what Yenko Chevrolet was known for back then, which means either of those two Camaros could have some very rare high performance options.

Also, if one counts 'as the way they are shown in the photo', the vehicles in the Yenko photo probably have next to zero miles on then, while the '32 Ford is a used car.  Therefore, if one immediately garaged one of those Camaros right after purchasing, it could have the edge over the Ford today. 

Craig

Edited by 8E45E (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Dave Mellor NJ said:

In my dreams I always seek the car I'd most like to have, not necessarily the most valuable. Anyway my pick would also be that B400 followed closely by that 33-34 3 window. Then there's the Auburn in the fifth picture and it looks like a 32 coupe in the first pic. the A roadster in with the B400 is worth mentioning too. I wouldn't turn any of them down

Dave,  that Auburn is no later than 1930, it isn't the same car as the one in the first picture, which could be possibly a '32 Chevy.  The Auburn has the "pipe" style Balcrank bumpers and very large headlights which aren't like those on the "coupe" in picture 1.  .

3 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

used cars 2.jpg

Anyone know the year/make/model of the five window coupe far right in this photo ? I was thinking Plymouth but the front grill looks like a different shape... but then again, I'm horrible at this game.

1933 Plymouth coupe.

1933 Ply coupe.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

16 hours ago, Dave Henderson said:

Dave,  that Auburn is no later than 1930, it isn't the same car as the one in the first picture, which could be possibly a '32 Chevy.  The Auburn has the "pipe" style Balcrank bumpers and very large headlights which aren't like those on the "coupe" in picture 1.  .

I know the Auburn is a 28-30 but it's still interesting. You're right about the 32 coupe being a Chevy. I'd be happy with that 39 Ford cop car too in front of the Studey dealer.