MrEarl's Daily Therapeutic Dose of Buick

MrEarl

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 9:07 AM, RivNut said:

See the Chevy in the background with the black tires?  Cheap!

"Black sidewall tires" would only be appropriate on a Buick Special, NOT a fancy Buick convertible with wire wheels and beautiful ladies adorning it!  Even the "Euro" cars could have white sidewall tires, back then.

Similarly, white sidewall tires would be appropriate on a Chevy with "BelAi" trim, rather than a less expensive Chevrolet, back then.

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)

Nice picture of the Overhoff brothers. "You take the Opel." "No, you take it." "No, I want the Electra." "No, the Opel is yours." "Don't back out of the picture. Take these keys. And stop using that language under your breath."

All three cars now rest in the Opel Gardens, Frankfort, Iowa.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 9/1/2016 at 11:05 AM, smithbrother said:

Post #120 is what I believe is Cornet Copper color on the body, that is what our 52 RM was with Beach White under the sweep spear.

People would stop us and ask about the color, in the sun it was a site to see. 

Dale in Indy

I sure would like to see some of these old cars come back to the states as restrictions ease.....

I wish I could do photo shop. I'd like to see what the above would look like minus the post, the rear door handle and gap, and the big chrome piece on the rear quarter. I've never noticed and I guess it's just the chrome and black contrast of this picture, but to me the big chrome piece in the rear quarter relative to the sweep spear below it looks a little awkward in design. Could they not have tied the sweep spear into the big chrome piece. Not that I am questioning Mr Earl or Mr Nichols design or anything....

Can't believe no one has mentioned whitewalls yet.

• Like 1

I don't have photoshop but I do have Corel Draw. (I don't use it often enough for photos to be very good at it). I started trying to do this earlier and then had to go to an AACA Meeting. When I got back I finished it. Even though you already have it above, I might as well post my quick edited version of it too.

Mr Earl's photoshop photo edited.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks 'berta and Matt, I tried playing with it with Microsoft Picture Manager, wasn't a pretty site.

Hummm, I kinda like the cleaner look, but I don't know...... Putting all consideration for originality aside, lets take a vote

All those for  # 1

image.jpeg

and those for  # 2

Mr Earl's photoshop photo edited.jpg