MrEarl's Daily Therapeutic Dose of Buick

MrEarl

1 hour ago, Thriller said:

Uh oh. The man has gone into hiding. See the expectations when you start something? I've got my coffee, but no Daily Buick to go with it yet...sigh. :rolleyes:;)B)

Guilty as charged, you caught me sleepin in. Kowpi says "go get another cup of caffeine and shadup..."image.jpeg

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, jscheib said:

Never mind the cat and "whatever it is", who  can identify the wheel.  Should be easy with no "girls on Buicks" involved to distract anyone.

John

Sure looks like a Model A Ford wheel to me.

11 hours ago, MrEarl said:

So what old timer can tell me what the tank with glass canister on top is?

We've been spoofed.  I think that Mr. Earl is using the Buick Gardens and all of those fiddy-fos to run white lightning.  That glass canister piece is part of one of his stills.  What better place to make 'shine than Georgia.

Image result for moonshine still

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Looks like a fly catcher and that whole bucket will be a mass of black fly bodies.

B

My thought was that Mr. Earl had converted that old gas pump into an electronic bug zapper, to help lure those Buick-lovin' sketters away from the Buick LOVERS in the area.

As Kowpii is mildly amused at "another picture taker" . . .

NTX5467

• Like 1

Moonshine!!!  That's it!!  What we perceived to be a fly ketcher or bug zapper is actually the final filter for that "white lightning", er . . . . "octane booster" for that "enhanced induction" '54 Mr. Earl has under that dusty tarp in the back corner of "the barn".  Hope he's got a trunk full of "MotorNu" and "DynaFlow Renuu" for when those combinations happen.         Weather Channel will wonder what just appeared on its radar!

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

I was raised in Bloomington, Illinois from 1937 until I moved to Kankakee, Illinois in 1962,  That was my first of seven promotions with Tractor Supply.  I move to seven different cities over a period of 14 years.  Cashed out my stock options and went out on my own in 1976.

Dad was with Buick in the FITTY'S,  YOU KNEW THAT, hehe.  A local ARCA race driver, LES SNOW, aka TIGER SNOW in 1954-55 drove Buick sponsored cars.  I was a personal friend of TIGER, he was a rugged fellow, drove very aggressive, and won many races over lots of years.  He started out driving Hudson's, and did well.  He drove at Daytona too.  When he arrived in a race town, Buick would meet him at the local dealership and open the parts room for any parts he might need.

In one of the history books covering Buick history is a picture of him driving a Buick.  Without checking I believe the car number was 55.

I recall one of his Buick's where he experimented with running the exhaust through the frame, NO PIPING, that didn't work, sounded terrible, but he was one to try lots of things.  He helped me a ton in modifying my 57 injected Vette, the only Vette in town.

I was so proud back then of Buick getting heavy into racing.

Dale in Indy  

• Like 4

Glass canister looks like an adaptation to dispense quantities of OIL ('Earrl in Suthin' Speak), instead of Gas-o-line - top of a Visible gas Pump on an Oil Recovery unit?

... and we really enjoyed the all-too-short visit with Rita and Mr. Earl back in June

Enjoyed y'alls visit too Marty, come back anytime. 

OK, the contraption above is an acetylene generator, the top glass is filled with water which drips onto carbide placed in the tank below. Somewhat rare as many of them blew up. In fact I had a great uncle who was killed when one blew up while he was welding. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrEarl said:

OK, the contraption above is an acetylene generator, the top glass is filled with water which drips onto carbide placed in the tank below. Somewhat rare as many of them blew up. In fact I had a great uncle who was killed when one blew up while he was welding. 

Sorry to hear about your uncle.  Rather than "bug zapper", "bug kaBOOOOOMMMer"?  Single use only.

NTX5467

• Like 2