MrEarl's Daily Therapeutic Dose of Buick

MrEarl

I love FITTY FO's, but not the models with the SWOOPING rear roof line that wraps around the lower part of the rear window.

Probably just ME, don't care for the models with built in windshield VISOR tooooooooooooooooooooooo!  Ben may, maybe not?

Ben's building a HOT ROD straight eight, SLOWLY,,,,,,,,,,,grandma was slow, but she was 84 and expecting.  hehe

Got to LOVE that dare Ben,

Dale in Indy

I think that's KING TUT's tomb off to the right, those fellows, including the one in front of the Pontiac are looking for the EARLY PROTOTYPE 'pokemon's.

We were downtown in a small town north of us, NOBLESVILLE, IN, and around the square there were at least 50 people with heads looking down at their cells, looking for dim dare stupid pokemon's.  Some even walked out in the traffic without looking. 

NOT ME, NEVER

Dale in Indy

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RivNut said:

Pontiac.  Did the photographer catch the guy standing to the left of the Buick "watering the shrubs?"

I think it's the guy on the right who is watering the shrubs. The other guy looks like he is mumbling...What another pit stop!  we'll never get there!!!

You's guys, tsk tsk tsk, the guy on the left is carrying a small child, so I don't think he would be exposing himself.! The guy on the right is a different story, I think I see another set of feet underneath the car... and that's as far as I'm taking it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

You's guys, tsk tsk tsk, the guy on the left is carrying a small child, so I don't think he would be exposing himself.! The guy on the right is a different story, I think I see another set of feet underneath the car... and that's as far as I'm taking it

LMAO!!!   I did not see either of those two elements. 

23 hours ago, wndsofchng06 said:

Yea I can see a Jerry Garcia Buick, maybe minus the narcotics though.

Then it wouldn't be a Jerry Garcia Buick, but actually I don't think Jerry did narcotics, maybe a little acid and weed every once in a while, but narcotics, nahhh

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:57 AM, Larry Schramm said:

Is that a Pontiac and a Studebaker lurking in the background?

, , , relating to comments about what's going on in that picture . . .

(Tell where 'yall's mind is wandering!  Aren't Buick people supposed to be "classier" than that???))

When I opened the picture in another tab, then enlarged it and got out the magnifying glass (related to the available enlargement in the software), it's easy to see the wall between the man's right hand and his pants leg.  Probably more of a "sitting too long" stretch than "pit stop in the open".  Besides, you're supposed to "empty" BEFORE the trip rather than at the destination.   

There's ALSO something visible in front of the rh rear tire, too far from the other guy's foot position.  About right for a smaller person he's looking at.  Appears to be something visible through the lower part of the rear window, outside of the vehicle.

NTX5467

• Like 2

Another problem with hydraulic surge brakes is backing up.  The trailer ball pushes on the trailer master cylinder and the trailer wheels lock up.  One boat trailer my son had for his boat had an electrical connection on the trailer master cylinder that you put 12 volts on and it prevented wheel lockup.  Probably had some kind of electrically operated valve that re-routed brake fluid.   Turns out there is a 5 wire plug from tow vehicle to trailer instead of the common 4 wire plug.   The fifth wire connects to the backup light circuit thereby providing the 12 volts when backing up. 

Joe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

Looks just like the Clampett's place before they struck bubblin crude! 

'Cept they didn't have a Buick, just an old Oldsmobile touring roadster cut down to a truck.  Where are Ellie's critters?  

Naw, the Buick Gardens has class!

• Like 1

There is one of dim dare FITTY FO'S with the built in windshield visor, not my choice design. hehe.

Still recall when the first one showed up at the dealership, I said OH, NO.......

I do LOVE dim FITTY FO'S though, well MOST models.  Really liked my 54 Century HT with SCALLOPS.  Married in it 55+ years ago.

Dale in Indy

A

• Like 1