MrEarl's Daily Therapeutic Dose of Buick

MrEarl

Back to the trailer "park" image . . . that trailer should be right at 40' long.  The way it's configured and the decal on the right hand, below the window, looks like something that Spartan Trailer might have built.  Check out their website www.spartantrailer.com .  Their longest one was just under 40' in length, weighing about 6000lbs (as I recall).  Lots of neat illustrations and specs on their website, including details of construction and restoration!  Plus "trailers for sale . . . " (remember Roger Miller's song??).  In later life, it appears that many of the larger models were used as temporary or "extra space" for residences or hunting camps.  Check out the website!

One of the Spartan Imperials resided on our company employee parking lot a while back.  As great and "substantial" as it might have been, that towbar and hitch kind of scared me as to how "dainty" it was, although it was "normal" for back then.  There was some wiring for trailer brakes, I believe. 

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, wndsofchng06 said:

The one in the middle is cool with the reflection, is that Buick pond?

Not, but working on a plan ;-)

in other words, trying to convince Rita that a partially submerged Roadmaster would  provide really great cover and structure for the bream and small bass and a great platform for the sliders (turtles) 

• Like 2

Which came first, the Buick or The Pond??  Remembering how many older cars had an "in use" protective coating on their undersides, courtesy of the petroleum industry products the vehicles used.  From back when we used to put a sand/used motor oil mixture to "improve" country roads to more "all weather" status (worked pretty well!!).  Hopefully there's some oil-eating algae in there.  It is a neat picture, though.  The "caged Buick" behind the fence looks like a "fallen hero", though.

Hoist a brew in honor of Buick Gardens and other similar venues!  Here!  Here!  Mr. Earl!

NTX5467

• Like 1

Is it a 42?  I notice there is no emblem trim above the grill and the emblem is in the hood.  Didn't a 46 have the same grill with the emblem trim?  Wouldn't this be  be one super rare car today?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnD1956 said:

Is it a 42?  I notice there is no emblem trim above the grill and the emblem is in the hood.  Didn't a 46 have the same grill with the emblem trim?  Wouldn't this be  be one super rare car today?

Grille and fender trim suggest a '42 Special to my eye. The Special and Century models were virtually identical and didn't have the fenders going all the way back, but the hood looks short and fender looks short between the wheel opening and the door, so I'm going to guess it's a Special. Hard to say for sure, though.

I'm also digging the two-tone '41 across the street with fog lights like those on my Limited (which I hate but apparently are appropriate).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SpecialEducation said:

Sure needs some wide whites to break up all of that blackness, though...

Knew that was coming :-)  if nobody else is going to say it I will, I like the black walls. Makes the chrome pop louder imo 

check out all the exlax signs and the tattoo parlor. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Knew that was coming :-)  if nobody else is going to say it I will, I like the black walls. Makes the chrome pop louder imo 

I did kinda wonder what was going on at the time that Broussards REALLY wanted you to know that they carried Ex-Lax...

I suppose a '42 Chevy would be ok with plain black shoes, but a '42 Buick should be wearing white spats.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Looks like something the Green Hornet would have been sculking around in after midnight in pursuit of some villain.

I'm a little concerned.  It the barber the same guy as the tattoo artist?

• Like 1