A few Allentown photos

Pete Phillips

So many beautiful Buicks. 

1931 and 1934 Victoria coupes for sale were tempting. A Reatta convertible showed up in the car corral Saturday. 1996 Riviera and neat 1940(?) convertible sedan were there too. 

Teresa looked at the Reatta but just took a photo of the for sale sign before the rains drove her and Luke to the swap tent. 

8 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Wow, a Model 48D-70 (in red),  now them are RARE. Looks to have the rare "wheel cool" wheel covers too. Love that green convertible.

DSC03067.JPG

I believe that car the red one in the background is a resto-rod with a Cadillac drive train. Someone was telling me they literately cut the floor boards and frame from a Caddy and merged it with the Buick you see.

15 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:
15 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

Here is a better picture of the red 54 and it's wheels. 

DSC03065.JPG

DSC03066.JPG

Here is a better picture of the red 54 and it's wheels. 

DSC03065.JPG

DSC03066.JPG

4 Portholes , Century emblems ,  rear wheel open like 55-56 models  VERY NICE !!!!!

• Like 1

They must be expecting a FLOOD, it rides so high, Lol. It reminds me of my childhood when some kids had WHITE tall rubber rain boots, me I wanted to go barefoot, and splash in the puddles.

Drop it an inch or so, give it BLACK tires, paint it ALL red, and be ready to RUMBLE.

I like it though,

Dale in Indy  

I'm enjoying seeing everyone's great photos here!

I tend to do a poor job of capturing photos at these kinds of events, since there are so many superb cars and wonderful people to distract me.

I do have an album of the shots I took, in case you'd like to look.  Click on any photo to enlarge:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76938221@N05/albums/72157671876555926

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Centurion said:

I'm enjoying seeing everyone's great photos here!

I tend to do a poor job of capturing photos at these kinds of events, since there are so many superb cars and wonderful people to distract me.

I do have an album of the shots I took, in case you'd like to look.  Click on any photo to enlarge:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76938221@N05/albums/72157671876555926

Brian, Nice album.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for the meet photos.....now we wait of the October Bugle to see what Pete has to show us.

As many of you know, I had to cut short the stay as Nancy was hospitalized in Indianapolis...she is out and doing fine but we are stuck in Indiana until she finishes IV antibiotics treatment.

First time in about 17 years I was unable to stay for the entire show. 

• Like 2

FYI, the national meet issue is going to be November this year, not October, and it's going to be 96 pages. October would have been too rushed to put together that many pages that fast.

Working on Nov. now...

Did anybody notice the dashboard of that yellow 1955 pickup conversion? It says "PICKUP" between the two gauge pods, rather than "Special" or "Century"! I never noticed that until looking at the photo that is posted here. I'd love to know how that was done! 

Pete

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Pete Phillips said:

FYI, the national meet issue is going to be November this year, not October, and it's going to be 96 pages. October would have been too rushed to put together that many pages that fast.

Working on Nov. now...

Did anybody notice the dashboard of that yellow 1955 pickup conversion? It says "PICKUP" between the two gauge pods, rather than "Special" or "Century"! I never noticed that until looking at the photo that is posted here. I'd love to know how that was done! 

Pete

Yes I did and that is the finishing touch on a  "FINE 55 " !!

Good to hear of the progress Barney. I hadn't seen you there...your absence was noted. 

I gave Pete a USB stick with the photos taken by the three cameras we brought down. I know some weren't very good, but hopefully it adds to the choice available to him. Of course if I ever sat at my computer to post here I could possibly add to this thread. 

Its always interesting to view a thread like this and note what you missed at the show. 

Edited by Thriller
Typos (see edit history)
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

Thanks to everyone for the meet photos.....now we wait of the October Bugle to see what Pete has to show us.

As many of you know, I had to cut short the stay as Nancy was hospitalized in Indianapolis...she is out and doing fine but we are stuck in Indiana until she finishes IV antibiotics treatment.

First time in about 17 years I was unable to stay for the entire show. 

Barney,

Glad to hear things are on the "uptick" with Nancy.  I hope things continue to improve.

John

That first coupe - that's a folding right front seat. It's got a fixed driver's seat, then a narrow 2-person seat sort of halfway back from the front seat (not really behind the driver, but offset to the right), then that small folding seat on the right closer to the dashboard.

Here are some 100+ year olds...

03_marr_close_rightfront.jpg03_marr_close_rightside.jpg09_G_snell_rightfront.jpg10_14_reeser_leftrear.jpg10_14_reeser_rightfront.jpg15_C4_schramm_front.jpg16_D45_beatty_rightfront.jpg

Eric, your first photo here is of Jim Milewski's 1923 Model 48, 4-Passenger Coupe.  I have the very same model, only it is a 1922 Model.  The Model 48 was introduced as a new model in the Buick line for 1921.  This was at the time that Billy Durant was flung out of General Motors for the last time and Alfred Sloan took over control of the company.  An interesting note about Buicks at this time is that this very model (Model 48) shared the same basic body shell with Cadillac and Oldsmobile.  They simply hung on their own fenders, hood, radiator, instrument panel and hubcaps and called them Cadillac's or Oldsmobiles.  There is a noticeable difference between my '22 and Jim's '23.  His car is a little fancier on the inside with more plated pieces and that beautiful Dark Maroon body.  My '22 has the Cobalt Blue body and they were both stunning cars when they were introduced.  Jim and I have been friends for years.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas