Favorite Pictures of My Post War Buick

MrEarl

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Beemon said:

JD, do you use amber lights for the turn indicators? 

No Ben. They are clear bulbs. Just old ones. Can't recall ever changing them, or even taking the lenses off. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After three years of exhaustion from waiting, my 1964 Buick Wildcat will be delivered home on Saturday from a home bodyshop.  It is a 46,000 original mile car with new paint as it came from the factory and new seat and trunk floor upholstery.  It has aftermarket air, extremely well done.  It also has a factory AM/FM radio, adjustable steering column and six-way power bench seat that works.  After three years away, I'm exhausted with it.  It better run really well, or I'll end up selling it.  It was supposed to be my long-haul AACA tour car and long distance Meet driver.

Our 1964 Buick Wildcat LH front.JPG

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

After three years of exhaustion from waiting, my 1964 Buick Wildcat will be delivered home on Saturday from a home bodyshop.

image.png

Wow Earl, she's a beauty. Love the color!!!! Something about these white over yellow Buick's eh  @JohnD1956   

Congrats on her return, it looks like she will be worth the wait.

• Like 1

Well with the last 3 posts containing yellow Buicks, it looks like we have a running theme here, so guess I may as well join in.

Buttercup, my 13,000 mile Roadmaster in Arctic White over Condor Yellow and green interior. Known in it's day as Lemon and Lime.  These are some old, old photos and not only some of "My Favorite Pictures of My Post War Buick" but are pretty much the only pictures of her. 

Buttercup.jpg

Buttercup 005.jpg

Buttercup 006.jpg

Buttercup 002.jpgButtercup Leslie and Lauren.jpg

And of course anyone who has been with us here for long will remember these shots that garnered great popularity years ago in the Girls on Buicks thread.

100_0538.JPG

100_0533.JPG

100_0535.JPG

100_0536.JPG

100_0537.JPG

Yessireeee... that Buttercup, a real chick magnet

100_0541.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MrEarl said:

:DOnly by about 10 years, or was it 11, or 12 or :unsure: 

May I  ask:  What's it gonna take to put Buttercup back together?   There's a lot of ladies out there waiting to be seen with her!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrEarl said:

image.png

Wow Earl, she's a beauty. Love the color!!!! Something about these white over yellow Buick's eh  @JohnD1956   

Congrats on her return, it looks like she will be worth the wait.

17 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

After three years of exhaustion from waiting, my 1964 Buick Wildcat will be delivered home on Saturday from a home bodyshop.  It is a 46,000 original mile car with new paint as it came from the factory and new seat and trunk floor upholstery.  It has aftermarket air, extremely well done.  It also has a factory AM/FM radio, adjustable steering column and six-way power bench seat that works.  After three years away, I'm exhausted with it.  It better run really well, or I'll end up selling it.  It was supposed to be my long-haul AACA tour car and long distance Meet driver.

Our 1964 Buick Wildcat LH front.JPG

A real sweetheart!  Those are so nicely styled!  Especially the dashboards, which IMHO are nothing loess than works of art!

Yeah, I always thought these cars were pretty, but it was in the shop for so long with the guy not answering or returning phone calls I just lost interest in it.  I had to drive 25 miles each way every week or so to his job to get any answers.  It just went on and on.  He can do great work when the spirit moves him.  I should have known better.  The National Award Winner he built for me took seven years of the same kind of no phone answers or return calls.  Maybe it is just me who finds that totally upsetting.  Somebody will get a nice car here just because I have lost interest in this car.  But, that said, it has new and custom add-on air and the summer in south central Florida is like living in Hell.  So, until something better comes along, it will serve a purpose.  I bought it in the beginning because it is a nailhead, but with a modern Turbo-Hydromatic 400 transmission.  It was Buicks first year to use this wonderful transmission.  This car only has 46,000 miles on it so it should run to events down in Miami where there is a great AACA Region (but 150 miles from me).