MrEarl

Favorite Pictures of My Post War Buick

This is a picture that I've wanted to post for awhile, but had to scan the original photo.  I got married in 1998 and at the time my dad had two white Buicks, his favorite a 1980 LeSabre Limited and a 1993 Century.  Who needs a limo when you have two white Buicks!  I spent the day before the wedding cleaning and polishing both cars to get them ready, and on the day of the wedding, I helped the florist do her thing on the cars.  I spent a lot of time in my youth cleaning and polishing that LeSabre for my dad!  The LeSabre was all Buick, being the last year of the Buick 350, and was a rare color combination of white with a  light blue vinyl top... which I've only seen one other time on a similar vintage Park Avenue. 

80LeSabre Wedding.jpg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, dmfconsult said:

This is a picture that I've wanted to post for awhile, but had to scan the original photo.  I got married in 1998 and at the time my dad had two white Buicks, his favorite a 1980 LeSabre Limited and a 1993 Century.  Who needs a limo when you have two white Buicks!  I spent the day before the wedding cleaning and polishing both cars to get them ready, and on the day of the wedding, I helped the florist do her thing on the cars.  I spent a lot of time in my youth cleaning and polishing that LeSabre for my dad!  The LeSabre was all Buick, being the last year of the Buick 350, and was a rare color combination of white with a  light blue vinyl top... which I've only seen one other time on a similar vintage Park Avenue. 

80LeSabre Wedding.jpg

Tha's CLASS!!!!

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2018 at 3:53 PM, dmfconsult said:

80LeSabre Wedding.jpg

This picture, I could see in a Buick sales brochure for the 1980 LeSabre.   Cool!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Taken by a pro photographer while at a car show couple of years ago. The photographer saw my car again in a  recent ? show and approached me to show me the picture he had taken. No doubt the 54 Roadmaster 72R with factory AC depict its beautiful lines and  confirms the Buick’s “The Beautiful Buy” slogan of days past.

AEE29843-436A-46DA-A0CA-3266881EF7BD.jpeg

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2018 at 10:30 PM, Elpad said:

Taken by a pro photographer while at a car show couple of years ago. The photographer saw my car again in a  recent ? show and approached me to show me the picture he had taken. No doubt the 54 Roadmaster 72R with factory AC depict its beautiful lines and  confirms the Buick’s “The Beautiful Buy” slogan of days past.

AEE29843-436A-46DA-A0CA-3266881EF7BD.jpeg

You really did a spectacular job with this restoration.  What is the greatest joy for me with your restoration is the fact it is a 4 door.  She gets the approving nod at  shows.  Two doors always seem to get the attention.   She is beautiful(and cool inside.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I bought this '55 Roadmaster from an elderly BCA member in Baltimore, MD, ten years ago.  It is not a show car, but a fun driver.  Lots of power options:  antenna, seat, windows.  Even has the foot switch for the wonder bar radio.  It is a fun ride!  Shown parked outside my office last summer after I replaced 35 feet of heater hose!  I love the Dyna-flow!

2017-06-20 23.49.55.jpg

• Like 7

Saw a couple of nice Buicks at the Main Street Cruise-in in Cleveland, TN yesterday. One was customized and one appeared to be stock.

old buick-1.jpg

old buick-2.jpg

• Like 1

This just picture just became my favorite. My 60 is pictured with the second owner and his daughters.   

x6kGKsf.jpg

• Like 4

I love the car but the setting is great too.  What lake?

• Like 1

Might have posted this before...

North Shore of Lake Erie outside of Leamington, Ontario, Canada.

IMG_1953.JPG.ac9ba063f39e406e308741dc11d404ae.JPG

• Like 2