Favorite Pictures of My Post War Buick

MrEarl

I drove my '59 Electra from Leonard, Texas to Oklahoma City and back today for a Mid-Century Modern Design antiques show, building tour, and car show. It was wonderful, but as I was leaving, I stumbled upon the 1920s, restored, former Buick dealership on the Broadway St. Auto Row Historic District in OKC, and grabbed this photo.

Pete Phillips

IMG_2997.JPG

• Like 11

Guest Rob@RMcCanon.com

Ok, here is a pre-Rob restoration picture.  Taken about 3 years ago.  Lots of work to do for the re-restoration.  Mostly original but needs alot of polish and mechanical stuff.  Taken at Dad's 90th birthday celebration in Winfield Kansas.  Car now lives in North Texas.skylark family snip.PNG

That building in post 41 looks just like Dad's dealership in Bloomington, Il.

The deallship moved from it in the very early 50's, but the building still stands and looks nearly the same as back then.

I did a double take when I saw post 41.

Dale in Indy

19 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

I believe if I were to stand on top of that ol'  '56 I could reach and grab that early Goodrich Tires sign. God I love that 56.

Well I've wanted a three slot pay phone for the longest time.  You know, something in the same era as the car.  That Bell System sign would look nice at my place.  I did pick up a pay phone.  Funny thing is, it is as far from what I wanted as you could get.  It is so modern it has a card reader on it.  The price was right.  Perhaps one day...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

God I love that 56.

The only thing I like better is that 54 muscle you have.  Come to think of it,  you are due to post a few pics here yourself, right?

• Like 2

Guest Rob@RMcCanon.com

Well,  I finally got a picture to upload.  '54 Buick Skylark that's  been in the family for almost 40 years.  Time for a re-restoration.

skylark family.jpg

IMG_1367.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

That FITTY FO Lark, post #61 is exact color of the one I tore the passenger door off of, at two weeks old.

Never have found the car, I would guess if someone pulled the right door card off, they would see something that said, DOOR REPLACED.  hehe.

Love the 49 HT, that's my all time choice.  Front lower lights IMO take away from the lines of the grill, but who am I.

Dale in Indy

Guest Rob@RMcCanon.com

Ok, I'm post 61.  The color is supposed to be. Malibu blue...but it's not.   It's close!

body 329.  I'll pull the door and look for your note but you gotta call or email me!!!

might be yours!

rob mccanon

972-740-7990

rob@tmccanon.com

phone and e-mail work 24-7...

On May 21, 2016 at 10:01 PM, Pete Phillips said:

I drove my '59 Electra from Leonard, Texas to Oklahoma City and back today for a Mid-Century Modern Design antiques show, building tour, and car show. It was wonderful, but as I was leaving, I stumbled upon the 1920s, restored, former Buick dealership on the Broadway St. Auto Row Historic District in OKC, and grabbed this photo.

Pete Phillips

IMG_2997.JPG

That building looks a lot better today...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

My car is a daily driver, it is far from perfect... For that reason i am always honored when I get recognition.  That is 3 trophies in 4 year from Automobilia... It is also twice in 4 years to be in the paper... 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...