Turn signal lever found in man's arm after 51 years....

Guest Buick56Special

Guest marlin65

My wife is a nurse and she cannot understand why this was not found at the time of the accident. Surely this has created some problems over the years,heck even a small piece if foreign matter will give a sign that something is wrong. The 'bar code" on his forehead is for his temperature monitoring much like a scanning code on items. Truly weird. Ed Dade City,Fl

Back around 1950 or 1951, my father was in a auto accident with his Ford Crestliner, ended up hitting a telephone pole and he hit the windshield with the side of his face. He always had a scar from the accident on his left cheek, fast forward to 1985 while shaving, a piece of glass from the windshield came out from the scar.... could not believe it!

Steve

Back around 1950 or 1951, my father was in a auto accident with his Ford Crestliner, ended up hitting a telephone pole and he hit the windshield with the side of his face. He always had a scar from the accident on his left cheek, fast forward to 1985 while shaving, a piece of glass from the windshield came out from the scar.... could not believe it!

Steve

I think I still have a small piece of glass in my left elbow. It got embedded there over 30 years when I crawled under a car to work on it that was sitting in a gravel lot. There must have been a broken bottle in the mix of gravel. Either way my elbow bled for a while but I never did anything but clean and band-aid it up. I still find a small bump there sometimes that might contain the fragment. It didn't bother me much early on and after a few months not one bit. I'll be surprised if it ever comes out if it hadn't already.

Guest AlCapone
Wayne, I had read the article today in The New York Post they are about 50% correct so I think you are on to something

If he has tried to have an MRi it would have been detected, if he had went thru airport security it would have been detected. He would have certainly have suffered ongoing physical pain and likely severe infection. I buy a lot of things but not this story. Wayne

Guest Gary Hearn

The video never mentioned the year of the car, only that he was driving his "new car" in 1963. In the late 1990's I slid my hand between the seat cushion and back in a Ford Explorer. A piece of metal lodged in the middle finger of my right hand. It bothered me on and off and I could feel a lump. About 15 years later it worked its way out.

There's a lot of strange, unusual and hard-to-believe stories like this out there. Since you're the cynical type you probably won't believe this one either....

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/23/us/foss-lake-mystery-solved/

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/01/authorities_identify_person_fo.html#incart_river_default

Jan 26 2013 Al.com TRUSSVILLE, Alabama -- The Jefferson County Coroner's office has identified the body of a man found in a truck submerged in a Trussville pond as that of Michael Chris Carroll, 40, of Odenville.A Trussville Police Department spokesperson told al.com that they believe the man has been missing since February 2012.

Carroll's family has been notified, according to TPD.

The truck and the body were found Saturday, when Trussville Fire and Rescue were attempting to remove another vehicle from the pond and install a guardrail. The existence of both the truck and the body came as a surprise to divers.

The pond is at the intersection of U.S. 11 and Camp Coleman road.

That intersection has been considered hazardous for a long time, according to a Trussville city official.

Al.com reporter Kelsey Stein contributed to this report.

I drove by this place over 100 times while that body was in the lake.

About two months ago they filled the lake in.

I'm with Wayne on this one. Like most of us, I've had small pieces of metal and glass embedded beneath my skin over the years, but the operative word is "small". I don't believe that something as large as a turn signal lever would have been initially over looked, much less not detected over a period of years.

I enjoy an adult beverage as much as anyone, but to not be annoyed by a piece of metal as large as a turn signal lever embedded in my arm, I'd have had to been almost continually consuming large quantities of said adult beverages.

Doubtin' this one,

Grog

I don't doubt that it was imbedded in his arm, but I do doubt it was there all of this time. If a small steel splinter or a piece of glass irritates what would something this size feel like? There are too many "rust" spots on the lever, and sections of the chrome plating are missing, way too many toxic metals to be floating around one's body such as nickle and copper. I am no doctor just an broken down electrician, but there has to be a physician on the site that can clear this up as to how he did not notice it or why there was no infection. Afterall a wood splinter will cause your finger to swell up and ooze all kinds of green stuff in just a few days if it does not come out right away. The part is just too long and rigid for it not to cause major discomfort

My grandfather saved his kiddney stones in a jar for 40 years, sort of a war souvenir! I think I would have saved that lever it it came out of me 50 years ago

Guest AlCapone
I don't doubt that it was imbedded in his arm, but I do doubt it was there all of this time. If a small steel splinter or a piece of glass irritates what would something this size feel like? There are too many "rust" spots on the lever, and sections of the chrome plating are missing, way too many toxic metals to be floating around one's body such as nickle and copper. I am no doctor just an broken down electrician, but there has to be a physician on the site that can clear this up as to how he did not notice it or why there was no infection. Afterall a wood splinter will cause your finger to swell up and ooze all kinds of green stuff in just a few days if it does not come out right away. The part is just too long and rigid for it not to cause major discomfort

My grandfather saved his kiddney stones in a jar for 40 years, sort of a war souvenir! I think I would have saved that lever it it came out of me 50 years ago

Amen my friend ! Nuf said ! Wayne