2015 National Meet - Springfield, MO -June 10-13, 2015

MrEarl

The usual policy is to announce awards at the closing banquet and then in the Bugle, which seems will be in September this year because the meet is about a month earlier this year. "Usually" people are invited to attend the awards part even if they do not partake of the dinner. Probable hard to get an official comment as many people are already in route.

John

I've been told that trailer parking will be at the Walmart next to the hotel, and there will be someone from the club there to help with parking and security.  If you win an award and are not at the banquet, they will mail it to you afterwards.  You can also request a copy of your judging sheet after the show.  There will be a form in your registration packet for that.

Roy

Guest jazzfi

Are we getting a good turnout this week, or is the pending weather creating an issue and keeping would be participants from coming out?

Guest 54fins

The Ramada is an excellent venue. Very interesting modernism motif, my wife loves it here. So far no rain and great to meet more Buick hobbyists. Looking forward to seeing more arrive on Friday

post-116625-0-53224900-1434083903_thumb.

post-116625-0-14957800-1434083933_thumb.

post-116625-0-45383100-1434083961_thumb.

Guest 54fins

Here are a few in Thursday nite. Now they are pouring in and the modified group had to move to the back lot.

We should get a cooler and have a lot party tonite

post-116625-0-62416000-1434132542_thumb.

post-116625-0-02876500-1434132556_thumb.

post-116625-0-66092100-1434132571_thumb.

post-116625-0-57617900-1434132588_thumb.

Went for a ride this afternoon for ice cream in a 100 year old truck. What a blast. Thanks Larry.

There's a very nice 29-44 here as well as a fairly original 29-27 that I hope to spend some time with tomorrow.

Before the forum lunch Suzanne and I went to Bass Pro Shops...kept the credit cards in our pockets and just wandered the store.

We had a bit of rain last evening, but the skies were dry today, up until about an hour ago.

We managed to get the entire show in without a drop of water.

I may not have gotten a ride in the Wildcat I like Chuck, but I did get a trip around the parking lot in Pat and Pat's 1931 race car! It was FANTASTIC!

• Like 2

I also got a ride in Pat and Pat's race car. Here is a quick video.

Pat and Pat are racing for Autism! So please make a donation via using the QRcode  or going here

https://vcra.ejoinme.org/MyEvents/2015VCRARaceforAutism/StartYourOwnVirtualTeamFundraising/tabid/686643/Default.aspx?joinme=41630

post-96156-0-16721700-1434232795_thumb.jpost-96156-0-78907400-1434232836_thumb.j

• Like 2

Guest 54fins

Come on people, lets yap it up!

Betty Boop got the gold in the modified division and I'm going to do a post in the modified section pertaining to that division. However, I want to say that the 400 point classes are really the core of preserving the Buick history. I know how difficult it is to keep a car as original as possible and I really encourage anyone with an original car to keep it that way. I do hope to get back into the 400 point class again. I hope to be clear that modified cars are a reality in the hobby and there are lots of incomplete cars that can be repurposed. I try to be very clear on what isn't original and I have the utmost respect for those that can take the extreme effort to preserve automotive history. One car was a 99 year old original, still in the family and I hope we never loose that.

There is far more interesting cars that I have the time to describe and I really enjoy when people take the time to post about these vehicles. I can pick out a few particular items of interest but my favorite is 50's era cars. There was a 55 and a 56 wagon and of course the 53 wildcat was a must see. This year was enjoyable as the Motel had a 50's theme and was very well done. The event was very laid back and Missouri a great place for junk hunters so it worked out great for me. I wanted to drive but the weather is so bizarre this year I'm glad I didn't. We hit flash floods coming back and even tornado activity. We brought back a golden retriever puppy and he slept the whole way back. A great week indeed.

post-116625-0-19241500-1434378577_thumb.

post-116625-0-84400900-1434378634_thumb.

Agreeing with 54 Fins, whom I was very happy to meet and talk with for a few minutes, except to say the Modifieds were, and have been , terrific in the various Nationals I have attended. If I have any regrets for that class it is that there are so many NICE AND WELL DONE cars, but so few awards.

The 1966 - 72 GS class was populated with several excellent vehicles and more very nice ones tastefully done. The Rivs, as always , were just beautiful. The 65 GS's were exceptional! The 40's and 50's are where my heart leads. And the class was so elegant! The earlier cars are always outstanding, and standing out as they drive by.

But I never overlook the "everyday" Buicks. So many cars that many people overlooked as collectible during the mad rush to score a muscle car. From the simplicity of the Specials through the magnificence of the Electra's and Roadmasters, there are so many SUPER cars in these classes. And the best part is there are so many gracious people who obviously appreciate the presence of all these cars. There is no car show I prefer to attend more than a Buick Club National, and this years was no exception!

Thanks to the organizers, volunteers and administration who worked so hard to put together this meet!!! You all are GREAT!!

• Like 2

Bill the weather must be nice and they must be having a great time, I don't ever remember it being THIS quiet on the forum.

and I can think of a LOT of places I'd rather be than having a knee operation. :)

Quiet on the forum maybe because someone snuck up and STOLE MY old Boyco gas can from my truck while it was on the show field while I was out looking at other vehicles.

Guess they needed it more than me.  It only sat on the truck for at least the last five years with no problems until the BCA national show.  Then like Houdini, it disappeared.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

Hi -

Does anyone know if Doug Seybold was at the 2015 Buick National and what did he have on the show field?

Thank you

Al Storrs

Yes had a Super phaeton that won the Guy Bennet Sr. award as highest scoring prewar. Drawing a blank on year ('40 or '41)

Brian,

You are welcome about the ride in the '20.  I don't know who had the most fun cruising around the show field - you and your friend or me.  It was really a hoot!.  I got a ride in Larry Schramm's 100 year old truck and I just passed the fun from that on to you two.  Barbara and I really enjoyed meeting you and several others from here on the forum.  The Meet would have been a lot more 'funner' if Lamar could have been there.  Ben stopped by to say Hello and I even got to meet the famous 'Old Tank' in person.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Like 1

Geezzz. That Sucks Larry. Somebody must know, Or must have seen something. :angry: @#%$ M^&*)@!... That's about all I can say on here. Dandy Dave!

Quiet on the forum maybe because someone snuck up and STOLE MY old Boyco gas can from my truck while it was on the show field while I was out looking at other vehicles.

Guess they needed it more than me.  It only sat on the truck for at least the last five years with no problems until the BCA national show.  Then like Houdini, it disappeared.

Had a nice chat on the phone with Larry Schramm as I do most weeks.

I missed this year's National due to a VMCCA commitment. Larry mentioned his antique gas can getting stollen. Boy that fries me. (and him too).

I was amazed to hear the parking issue/message (still) did not get through to the right people.

Glad to see and hear the posts of all the people having fun at the breakfast. Have to assume there was no assigned seating.

Edited by Brian_Heil (see edit history)

Guest 54fins

I was a bit surprised that this was a relatively low turnout this year. Its a fairly central location, but most population is east or west coast. For myself, it was in reasonable distance from Denver. Very bizarre weather this year, I chose to trailer Betty and that was a prudent way to go. On the return trip, we hit tornadoes and flash floods- just a little more than I care to deal with. This year was my second favorite, Colorado springs being close was the ideal but this year was appealing for several reasons. I really liked the hotel, it was very well done for a car meet. Just wasn't any "issues", the staff was great. It was also a very laid back event and a great place for junk hunters. A well done event and a great place for it, thanks to all that put in the huge effort this year.

what parking issues?

Had a nice chat on the phone with Larry Schramm as I do most weeks.

I missed this year's National due to a VMCCA commitment. Larry mentioned his antique gas can getting stollen. Boy that fries me. (and him too).

I was amazed to hear the parking issue/message (still) did not get through to the right people.

Glad to see and hear the posts of all the people having fun at the breakfast. Have to assume there was no assigned seating.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...