"Celebrity Sightings" at Hershey

Jrope

I was next to some of the officials a couple of years ago, and heard them calling on the radio for a motorized cart for George Foreman.....as frantic as they sounded assume it was THE GF......close as I've gotten....

Used to live in New Orleans, and if you frequented the French Quarter (and I can tell you that a lot of locals do not) you'd see someone every now and then....wonder why our buddy J.L. doesn't show up?

Al Giddings has been there the last few years. He was co-producer of the movie "Titanic" (the world's stupidest movie script/plot -- but great filmography and special effects -- that still managed somehow to win the Oscar for Best Picture of the Year), and he is also the very first person to take photos of the Titanic after it was found at the bottom of the ocean.

Ken Gross is always there, writer for many, many automotive publications, and father of the leader of the band "Spin Doctors."

Bill Warner, writer/photographer for Road & Track

Nicola Bulgari was there last year.

Sherman Carey, former Detroit Lions football player

Anne Barnes used to come with her husband, Patterson. She is the granddaughter of Frank Stearns

Edited by West Peterson (see edit history)

I met Don Garlits a couple of times. he was just walking around. My wife was surprised and how small he is in stature - she still calls him "Little Daddy".

A couple of years later we were introduced to Tommy Hinnershintz. he was a really interesting person to talk to.

It doesn't count, but one year on the Monday befoe Hershey we were having breakfast at the Reading Motor Lodge and John Force, Austin Coil and the entire team cam down for breakfast. They were running at Reading due to a rainout.

And, who is he???? :)

As seen motoring thru the car corral on Wednesday of last week (note ride-along camerman)...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218549[/ATTACH]

My wife says she'd like to meet "little daddy"too.

She's always smaller than anyone else.:cool:

I met Don Garlits a couple of times. he was just walking around. My wife was surprised and how small he is in stature - she still calls him "Little Daddy".
Edited by R W Burgess (see edit history)

1980-something; Jack Palance (actor) used to do a TV commercial with his own V-12 Lincoln about the same time.

Pretty sure - he was the host of Ripley's Believe It or Not on TV at the time. I don't remember all the particulars.

As Steve mentioned, Ed Herrmann. I have seen him several times but not in the last couple or three years. He and about four or five of his friends all wore pink hats with different symbols/letters on them in a silvery gray thread. His had a HUGE D on it from the commercials he had done where he said he was a "Big Dufus". One had a silver star on his hat because he was a General. I nicknamed them "The Pepto Bismol Posse" because that was the color of the hats. One day I was talking to them and told them what I had nicknamed them and they loved it. One of the guys liked the name so much he used it in a video he did and he sent me a copy of it.

West knows all of those guys. He wrote about them and referred to the name I gave them in the article. :rolleyes: