A Word From Your Moderator

MrEarl

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I feel that my main duties as a Moderator are to help provide a FRIENDLY, PLEASANT environment where people wanting to share experiences and stories about their Buicks as well as receive technical assistance, can come to do so. Due to some recent posts by members who apparently either have not read or did not understand the rules, or perhaps thought that they did not apply to them... that has not been the case in one of the subforums. Instead it has resulted in members actually leaving due to not wishing to be subjected to some of the bare fisted punches being thrown there. I as moderator will not tolerate individuals who seemingly on purpose attempt to disturb and disrupt this normally peaceful community. Regrettably this has resulted in temporary suspensions of some members. Hopefully they will return with a better attitude and understanding of the rules. If not there are lots of other forums for such unfriendly sorts of interactions and I will suggest they please seek out one of those places because there will not be a plate at the table for them here.

However, just in case the "Rules" have not been clear enough to this point I have taken the liberties to expand and better define how I read the AACA rules. Please take the time to read. Here > http://forums.aaca.org/f115/rules-345708.html#post1135321

I will leave this thread open for thoughts and opinions but not for heated debate. It will not be a sounding board for the issues surrounding the recent actions.

Thank you all and Buick on......

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Hi Lamar,

I'll accept these are today's rules, but I don't recall there being so much structure when I signed on.

There is one current rule I believe is counter to the best interests of the forum:

" No critical or disparaging remarks toward any domestic or foreign business, domestic or foreign product or person.

If you have something you feel should be known by the members simply say "For information about Acme Parts Company, PM me". However, have a reply ready to copy

and paste as you will likely get a few PM's."

I want to know about the quality of service and product received from vendors in our hobby--the good and the bad. Also want to know if someone dealing on this forum is not to be trusted. Other forums have "buyer/seller feedback" sections, and I would like to see one here also.

John

Hi Lamar,

I'll accept these are today's rules, but I don't recall there being so much structure when I signed on.

There is one current rule I believe is counter to the best interests of the forum:

" No critical or disparaging remarks toward any domestic or foreign business, domestic or foreign product or person.

If you have something you feel should be known by the members simply say "For information about Acme Parts Company, PM me". However, have a reply ready to copy

and paste as you will likely get a few PM's."

I want to know about the quality of service and product received from vendors in our hobby--the good and the bad. Also want to know if someone dealing on this forum is not to be trusted. Other forums have "buyer/seller feedback" sections, and I would like to see one here also.

John

John et al, upper management is unwavering on not allowing the posting of any disparaging remarks toward businesses, vendors or persons. It's all about liability, lawsuits, insurance etc. Again my suggestion is to simply post a question asking if anyone has had a good or bad experience with such and such company or vendor and asking that if so they please private message you. Same thing in case you wish to endorse or on the other hand advise against some one using a vendor.

The AACA Website Committee would like to thank Lamar for his service to our website. Although new as a moderator, Lamar has studied our guidelines and has made the website, the Buick site in particular, a joy to use.

Thanks Lamar!

Wayne Burgess

AACA Asistant VP-Website Development/Support

Dear Mr. Earl, The 54 Buick in my mind is bedder n da one in you geerage....:P Poke...poke... :o

Looks like I miss all the excitement myself. I don't look at eveything here, but try to help where I can on subjects that catch my eye. I find polite communicaton works best. With that said, I do wonder sometimes if my "humor" is not sometimes almost, "over the edge"?

I Agree. Mr. Earl, you are doing a vantastic Job moderating here. Thanks You for your time and service. :cool: Now, Back to Girls on Buicks. :D Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Dear Mr. Earl, The 54 Buick in my mind is bedder n da one in you geerage....:P Poke...poke... :o

Looks like I miss all the excitement myself. I don't look at eveything here, but try to help where I can on subjects that catch my eye. I find polite communicaton works best. With that said, I do wonder sometimes if my "humor" is not sometimes almost, "over the edge"?

I Agree. Mr. Earl, you are doing a vantastic Job moderating here. Thanks You for your time and service. :cool: Now, Back to Girls on Buicks. :D Dandy Dave!

Humor? What Humor??;)

The AACA Website Committee would like to thank Lamar for his service to our website. Although new as a moderator, Lamar has studied our guidelines and has made the website, the Buick site in particular, a joy to use.

Thanks Lamar!

Wayne Burgess

AACA Asistant VP-Website Development/Support

Thanks to Lamar for certain, and thanks to the rest of the folks on this forum who made it a joy to participate here since I've joined.

I personally would like to say thanks to all of you guys. Moderators and just normal car guys! I would like to hope and think that all of us are here for the purpose of first and foremost, cars and secondly friendship. I would like to say that I have never met a bunch of guys that I consider close friends such as all of you and heck, I've only met a handfull of you guys and gals personally. Shoot, I'm rambling and tired. Back to our cars and friendships. Matt

Thanks everyone for your supportive posts but that definitely was not my reason for posting. The reason I posted was to simply remind everyone that there are rules and guidelines that have been established that if followed should allow everyone to enjoy this great forum and the friendships and camaraderie that come with it. I am not the least bit happy about the action that was taken and just so everyone knows, a decision like this isn't made in haste and isn't decided by just one individual. I sincerely hope that the person returns and becomes a contributing member in good standing again.

Thanks again.

NOW, Dandy Dave, you had something to say about a '54. aggressive.gifwink2.gif

NOW, Dandy Dave, you had something to say about a '54. aggressive.gifwink2.gif

Yep, I'm dreaming of a top o da line 54 Roadmaster 2 Door rag top in butter cup blue. :cool:. But I suppose I could settle for a 53 Skylark in a pinch. ;) Dandy Dave!

Yep, I'm dreaming of a top o da line 54 Roadmaster 2 Door rag top in butter cup blue. :cool:. But I suppose I could settle for a 53 Skylark in a pinch. ;) Dandy Dave!

Dandy,

You know of course it takes a '54 to attract "Terry". Just ask Lamar. So why would you settle for a '53 ? Got to admit though,'53's are pretty too.

Keep up the good modera'tin LAMAR.....................

Mike in Colorado

Dandy,

You know of course it takes a '54 to attract "Terry". Just ask Lamar. So why would you settle for a '53 ? Got to admit though,'53's are pretty too.

Keep up the good modera'tin LAMAR.....................

Mike in Colorado

But the 53 Skylark has the 54 grill. I will agree that the Dolly Pardons on the front Bumber are not as nice as the 54's. Also, no one said we had to tell Terry what year the car was. And besides, I have found that 9 out of 10 women, prefer to ride, and have there pictures taken all over in a covertible over a 4 door hard top any day of the week. ;) Dandy Dave!

That's the main reason to have a convertible, arent it ?

Absolutely. :cool: Now what was this thread all about? :confused: Ladys and Buicks? Harvey Earls love of a well indowed woman as seen in his designs? Girls on 54 Convertibles? I done fo gets? :o But I think we have all the importiant areas covered. :D Dandy Dave!