Danvers, Mass. photos

Pete Phillips

more. The dark green sedan is a 1931 model 87 four-door sedan in the cars for sale area. Looks like it has its original upholstery, too. The '38 ivory & maroon is a Special; the car to right is a '72 SKylark Custom convertible for $4000--has a little bit of body rust, but a nice car for the price.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

post-32059-143138588235_thumb.jpg

Pete, thanks so much for the great photos!

You may already have seen the black '49 Super Sedanette owned by forum member Gary Klecka ("AKBuickman"). I figured this would be of particular interest to you, since you recently acquired a similar car.

Gary flew from his home in Alaska to Chicago, picked up the '49, and drove it to Danvers. His car is a manual shift example.

Thanks for the pics Pete. However it's taking about 5 minutes to download them in the lobby computer so I only viewed on, guess which. :) So why don't I just go view them in person, with instant down load. Think I will.

Barney just walked by and said tell everyone hi, so hi.

Pete there is a beautiful 38-87 in Chile and two others beside this one in the BCA as of the 2008 roster, but of the 487 produced with none exported they seem to be the rarest of the 38 Roadmasters as I found just a few more 81-F's and about 20 80C's like mine. The interior on this one looked to be all original with the possible exception of the steering wheel which was ivory and should be mahogany on the big series cars (but everyone thinks the ivory looks better and I don't disagree). I can assure you I will be glued to this vehicle most of today taking tons and tons of photos documenting the car to help with my restoration and talking to the owner.

Guest 40 Buick 51c

Can you say Brewster! The 1940 Brewster Bodied limousine was at Danvers today! One of a kind! Wow!!!post-65465-143138591862_thumb.jpg

post-65465-143138591863_thumb.jpg

post-65465-143138591865_thumb.jpg

post-65465-143138591867_thumb.jpg

post-65465-143138591869_thumb.jpg

post-65465-143138591871_thumb.jpg

Guest 40 Buick 51c

Sorry Dave, if it was there I didn't see it! Wish I had!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Returned from Danvers and wanted to say some thanks:

To Start, Thanks to the Lord for a safe journey, great weather, and fixing my A/C which works pretty darn good. Also to my sweetheart wife ( Linda) who wound up not feeling too good but insisted I go and participate in the meet.

Next, Thank you to the Minute Man Chapter for a great show, and John Schieb and Mr. Earl for an fun filled Forum Breakfast. This was a highlight of the trip.

Then to all the members I met and talked to over the last two days I was there. You all are special and a great group!

A special note to Roberta, Know we are with you and praying that Dad ( and Mom too) improves substantially, soon!

I don't know if this picture will work right or not. I hope it does, and I hope it will make each of you feel like you were a part of the event.

( ps: if you don't know, click the bar at the top of the picture two times for a magnified view.)

(pss: if you look in the top left corner of the pictures you will see the back line of another parking lot which I understand was completely full during the high hours of the show)

Hope to meet more of you all in Charlotte NC next year!

danvers_stitched_original.jpg

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)

I just transferred about 1.5 GB from two of the cameras...and we have a third with us. I'm having trouble with the external mouse, and editing photos may have to wait until I can deal with that or get another mouse. Flight is supposed to start boarding in about 10 minutes or so, so I'd better start shutting down.

This thread will be expanded when I have some time, a mouse, and greater Internet speed. I know we have a number of photos from the Boston tour on Wednesday as well.

Did someone say, 54 Landau.... 3 good ol boys and a Sexy Lady. From left to right, Yours truly, Dandy Dave!, Bob Coker, and Mr. Eral ready, willing, and able, to rescue any Damseles in distress. And the Sexy Lady you ask??? Why it is the Buick Landau of course! :D

post-44142-1431385970_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138597019_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138597038_thumb.jpg

One of the Best Running 29 McLaughlin Buick Roadsters I have ever seen. Very nice and original automobile. The Fellow that owns this is a decendent of the McLaughlin family and a wonder fellow to get to know. We were on the, Pre War After Tour together. He does not trailer this car and has driven it all over North America and Canada to many BCA Meets. :cool: Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143138597274_thumb.jpg

Here are some more from the Minuteman Chapter

Buick Club Of America National Meet

Big ups for that spread!

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!

Some of the shots looking down the row of like Buick's were really neat!

I tell you, the Landau and 54 Skylark were tops in my book but that 53 Skylark will linger in my thoughts as I go to bed tonight.

Felt almost as if I was there!

Thanks for the pics , Brian. It was a fine meet. Good people and beautiful cars. I'm disappointed to see there were no pics showing the 1974-1998 Rivieras located in the "back forty". Hope someone will post some if they have them. Congratulations on your elevation to BCA President. Your enthusiasm will be a great asset to the club.

Thanks for the pics , Brian. It was a fine meet. Good people and beautiful cars. I'm disappointed to see there were no pics showing the 1974-1998 Rivieras located in the "back forty". Hope someone will post some if they have them. Congratulations on your elevation to BCA President. Your enthusiasm will be a great asset to the club.

There were about 3 or 4 - 82 - 84 Riv Convertibles and at least 1 two door hard top of the same vintage in the mix. If I knew, I would have taken some photos for you. Dandy Dave!

I believe there were 19 Rivieras registered...I think at least one for most of the generations. Unfortunately, class "O" got forgotten when the show field was configured so they ended up in the back forty. There were a number of Senior Gold's awarded which goes to show that we keep them in pretty good shape. The important thing to remember though is that we all had a great time at the meet...saw old friends and met many new ones.

Oh, and don't forget...RIV'S RULE!!

Dandy Dave: Saw those pics. Just wanted to note to others browsing this forum that there were many more Rivieras there than were pictured. I had the pleasure of being parked next to Dave Shipman's 92 Midnight Blue. Stunning car.

Thanks also for sharing your C36 with alll who were there. Not very often one can get up so close to one of these oldies to watch and hear it run.