GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

And now you're selling it!  What the?!?!?  The thing about this picture is: that absolutely gorgeous 70, behind the old fashioned beautiful 60, is not even on the radar of any of the participants!  That says it all!!! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Smartin said:

Priorities, John :)

I hope whoever buys it is able to give it the attention it deserves -- even as it sits it's a seriously pretty car.  With the exterior done to match the interior it would be stunning!

• Like 1

Whoa that is a killer picture of the ship Hotel! That is (was) on Rt 30 (Lincoln Highway) is SW PA in Schellsburg. Kind of in the area of the Flight 93 Memorial from 911.

I was there when I was a youngster. Major roadside attraction. Built in the 30s, it sadly it burnt down around early 2000s. Folks still talk about it around here primarily those late 50s and older.

ship_hotel-lg.jpg

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, MrEarl said:

What is that on the post, a courtesy light maybe?

Those funny poms ( English ) played around with " Trafficators " which were turn indicator lights that flicked out on either side of the B pillar. If as Chris suggests the photo is from Europe and I think he could be right, it may be the UK and a derivation of some sort of the trafficator to comply with local registration laws. Have a look at Humbers or Hillmans of this era and you will see these weird looking amber arms that flick out ( sometimes )  to indicate a left or right turn.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=trafficator&biw=1366&bih=599&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwi_xvy459nPAhUE1GMKHRECAuMQ_AUIBigB&dpr=1

The 50's model Humber Super Snipes were often referred to in this country as " British Buicks ".  A high class car with a lot of style.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=humber+super+snipe&biw=1366&bih=599&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjbp4iX6NnPAhVO9mMKHTgmCd4QsAQILg

Don't know that the young lady would be real high maintenance - certainly wouldn't be a big weekly feed bill with that figure. 

Edited by 50jetback (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I had a '55 VW in 1978 that had semaphores for turn signals.  Nobody knew what they were so I'd always get a horn beep from behind when trying to take a turn.  Actually got stopped by a MA Statie who wanted to write me up a ticket for no directionals and lack of signal when turning. 

Edited by DShip (see edit history)

5 hours ago, RivNut said:

Oh man!  Bobby Sox, pleated short skirts, and short sleeved sweaters.  As Jackie Gleason would say "How sweet it is."

Careful now, your speaking of somebody's grandma !!!

Mike in Colorado

PS; Anybody seen Terry lately ? Mr. Earl ?

Edited by FLYER15015 (see edit history)

On 10/17/2016 at 6:27 AM, JZRIV said:

Buick.jpg

I showed this picture to a waitress in a diner up south of me and told her I thought it looked like her. She asked who it was and I told her. She said "Oh, my Mother used to watch that show!"

The place in the background-

0022.jpg

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

13 hours ago, smithbrother said:

12 hours ago, smithbrother said:

The raised lines on the hood of post number 1374 are PERFECT for a two tone, that's what I see.

Dale in Indy

Dale.

Is your wife looking over your shoulder ?

Cal.

Edited by 91vert
typo (see edit history)