All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. You will have to get used ones. Many vendors listed in the back of the ROA Riview. I am sure one of them should have them. Bill
  3. Who can identify the location where this 1919 Presidential Motorcade was parked for this picture. Being a "Westerner" I am not familiar with any locations such as found in this picture. As a historical follow up question regarding this picture, who were the dignitaries who would have ridden in the 10 Cadillacs? Would the Motorcade, even in 1919 been well planned with who would have ridden in each Cadillac, from front to back. Lastly, as good as the Cadillacs were, they were overshadowed by the Locomobile. Al
  4. "Less frequently" has a bit of an edge on "over and over".
  5. An interesting car...doesn't seem like they have the following of Chrysler's T&Cs https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/salinas-1948-chevy-fleetline-country/7740911595.html 948 Chevy Fleetline. Original dealer option Country Club. Woody. (Not an aftermarket kit). I acquired it from the second owner who purchased it in 1968. Mostly original. Runs perfectly, no smoke, no leaks, rebuilt carburetor, original drivetrain with 6 CYL 216 and 3 speed manual transmission Sorry, no trades. located in Salinas CA (831) 210-2751
  6. Where can I find the bumpers which go on the door jam trim panel? What are these called for a good web search? I have 5 of 6 but they are hard as rocks so not sure how good a job they would do.
  7. I recently purchased this 1954 Dodge Royal Convertible Indianapolis 500 Pace Car from a local gentleman who bought the car many years ago in hopes of restoring it back to it's former glory, unfortunately he never got to finish the project because of his poor health. This pace car has been off the road for decades and stored inside his garage. He started the restoration process by removing all of the trim, interior & wiring and started sanding down the body. He removed the front fenders and replaced them with an NOS pair. He sent some of the chrome out to be re-plated including the head light & tail light bezels, hood & trunk ornaments & emblems, window frames & rear bumper. And finally he also sent out the entire interior and had it professionally re-upholstered in the correct yellow & black colors & patterns and this is where the project stopped. We pulled it out of hiding and cleaned it up a bit to see it's condition and then I re-attached all of the chrome and trim moldings, side windows and the interior to see what might be missing and to photograph the car for this ad to show you everything that is to be included. The only parts that are missing from this automobile are the heater & blower and the gas tank & straps. The body is complete with all of it's sheet metal, trim & glass. It is fairly clean and straight and not wrecked or missing parts. The hood, trunk, doors & convertible top open & close and latch correctly and the windows wind up and down. The floor & trunk pans are solid but have had some patches and the rocker panels have been replaced. Both lower rear 1/4 panels have filler in them but the previous owner bought all new vintage original Patch Panels to replace them. The clear windshield is original and the 4 side windows were replaced with new tinted glass. The power operated convertible top is complete, folds easily but is disconnected from the top cylinders. The dashboard, gauges, steering wheel & radio are all in good original condition. The front bench seat has a very solid frame that slides easily back & forth on it's tracks. Under the hood rests a complete original numbers matching 271 V-8 Hemi Engine with it's factory Offenhauser Intake Manifold and a WCFB 4 bbl Carburetor connected to an Automatic Transmission. The engine spins free and is not locked up but I did not even try to get it running. The car has factory optional power steering, power top, factory continental kit and 5 factory original Kelsey Hayes Wire Wheels. It currently rolls & steers but does not run or have brakes. The frame is clean and straight having no rust or scale and appears to have never been wrecked, repaired or welded. Please Note: My 28th & 29th photographs show you the extra NOS & used parts that go along with the car including: The original front fenders with trim & 500 emblems, replacement rocker & lower 1/4 panels, re-chromed rear bumper, pair of NOS rocker panel moldings & sill plates. This Dodge Indianapolis 500 Pace Car Convertible is a great restoration project or will make a good start for a Resto Mod. If you have been searching for this "Rare & Unique" Indianapolis Pace Car then here is your opportunity. This vehicle comes with a clean clear West Virginia title that is ready to be transferred into your name. If you are seriously interested and need to examine the car then you are more than welcome and I recommend that you do so. The Dodge is stored at my shop in Connellsville, Pa 15425. If you would like to speak with me concerning the condition or to make shipping arrangements, please call Terry at 724 984 1659. $8,000 cash or what interesting might you have to trade?
  8. I found this inside the transmission of my '38 Century. It turned-out to be an 'extra' spring that must have gotten away from whoever opened the transmission previously. Fortunately, it did no damage to the gears and the pieces ultimately settled in locations away from any moving parts.
  9. George: Try Butcher's Bowling Alley Wax or Minwax paste finishing wax.
  10. Yes, POUNDS, not ohms. Communicating to the OP that the original sender as per part number is for a 60lb. gauge. There are several choices on the Napa website with good specification info. WARNING- I did not check specs to determine which sender, if any, correlates with a 60 lb. gauge https://www.napaonline.com/en/search?text=oil pressure sender&referer=v2 Tom Mooney
  11. 1934 Lagonda M45 with excellent Le Mans bodywork. Have all recipes and documentation of extensive engine work done between 1998-2002. Great driving car. Owner has owned for 20 years. Located in Plymouth Massachusetts. $165,000.
  12. Dose anyone have or know where I can get a good exhaust manifold for my 35 40 series Buick? Mine is cracked.Thanks,Greg.
  13. And don't forget that Rolls Royce's hoods were sealed at the factory because they never needed anything.
  14. I heard that Ford Falcons could fly and liked to nest in trees.
  15. I had 3 1930's and they all had the serial number stamped on the outside face of the frame around where the steering box was bolted. Maybe they were done that way because they were Delaware cars and Delaware had an early title system. Just check that area.
  16. I think I have the other side as well. Already sold that side. Chuck
  17. Use the Gideon Putman address....24 Gideon Putman Rd Saratoga Springs 12866 It is in a field between the hotel and the museum. Beautiful location.
  18. "Common practice" or not, this is pretty illegal.
  19. I think that's a great car ! Price seems very reasonable. I would grab it if I were you.
  20. This looks more like a standard Frazer and not a Manhattan. The latter had additional stainless trim above the rocker panel molding as well as a fancier interior. In any case, a 49-50 Frazer is a rare car and probably one of the best riding of any in the KF line. The $12.5K ask, probably not. I'd say closer to the $8500 it sold for a few years ago. They just aren't exciting enough to warrant bigger money. Sorta like a the KT Keller era Chryslers...
  21. Today
  22. Planning on taking a day trip to Saratoga show. Looked at the brochure and other material for the show. Don't see an address or location for the show field.
  23. Thanks for that. A walk in the woods is never a bad thing.
  1. Load more activity