All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. This looks more like a standard Frazer and not a Manhattan. The latter had additional stainless trim above the rocker panel molding as well as a fancier interior. In any case, a 49-50 Frazer is a rare car and probably one of the best riding of any in the KF line. The $12.5K ask, probably not. I'd say closer to the $8500 it sold for a few years ago. They just aren't exciting enough to warrant bigger money. Sorta like a the KT Keller era Chryslers...
  3. Planning on taking a day trip to Saratoga show. Looked at the brochure and other material for the show. Don't see an address or location for the show field.
  4. Thanks for that. A walk in the woods is never a bad thing.
  5. I'd carefully check for vacuum leaks before replacing anything else. Along the lines of 2seater's post above, disconnect and plug vacuum lines one at a time and note any change in performance.
  6. So, it looks like putting a Chevrolet in a Buick really is nothing new...
  7. I might be interested in the handles, if still available. What year are they?
  8. Well after 1 year we are reunited with the 63 and although all on the outside looks shiny we again took a step backwards before going forward. Seats out - Wiring looms out to get cleaned wrapped, terminal cleans and tested and getting the firewall plug out was testing with old hard rubber grommet. Yes have to move a couple head bolts for power steering and alternator brackets. Anyone who can share a side shot of PS would be great as thinking other than front and rear bracket there is a slim support bracket going on somewhere there. Dash back out to fit eyeball vents as well as heater core and floor duct vents, their days could be over as purchased VA Gen 5 and looking to clean up the firewall look from engine bay side with the rh conversion there are a few holes with plates on them. was a bit hectic today so will get more photos tomorrow for another update need sleep 🥱
  9. Now I have 4 more reasons to attend Hershey again this year. Thanks P.S. I tried to slightly turn the front wheels in the photo as you suggested in your presentation at the annual meeting. Not sure if I succeeded
  10. Bridgeport transmission assembly.......... Presidential motorcade......1919. All Cadillac's except the Presidential Loco.........
  11. Probably. I dont think General Fire Truck was a very big player in the industry, so how many of these odd-ball mash-ups could they have built? The RVFD might have the serial number or engine number in their records to confirm it is the same one. For small town, rural fire departments, the builder would often affix a plaque to a special order truck listing the Mayor and Fire Chief at the time it was delivered to the fire house, but those tend to get removed over the years of service as the trucks get handed down, from department to department, until they end up as a curious relic on a flat bed trailer in a storage lot!
  12. If it was 1950 and you were Donald Healey you could make a LeMans winning sports car out of it. But that was a long time ago. How much do you like the car? Enough to search out a good one to buy, and strip that one for parts? They do turn up from time to time and I don't think they are expensive.
  13. I have stated this before and I will continue to state it " myth becomes fact" in "history" depending upon who is convinced that know the "real " story. As has been stated her also : show us the documentation. Thanks to all with considerable knowledge for you input here, especial 46 woodie and my friend Terry Bond. Walt PS this just doesn't apply to the old cars we love - state and local history get the same battering with claims to fame " George Washington slept here" " our great great great etc grand cousin's neighbor came over on the Mayflower". 🙄
  14. Today
  15. Nice looking car. Things you can do and still keep it original: Remove the grille guard (not correct), and locate some correct bumper guards both front and back (four total).
  16. Thanks Mercman. It was a fair while ago, and I don't have any pics or other details. Rod. Thanks for brochure pics and explanations.
  17. The Cadillac LaSalle Club national meet is in Gettysburg, PA this year, right before Fathers Day. It’s not too late to join & take the car to the meet.
  18. This man is documenting the installation of seat belts in his 1959 Chevy. This may help.
  19. That's an awesome New Yorker and I do like green! A few more pictures would be nice. I love the upholstery it looks so inviting. I would agree that the price is high but you're getting a whole lot of "nice car" for your money!
  20. I keep seeing this thread coming back up and kept thinking to myself, I hope the next time I see this thread pop up CChinn has announced he bought this car! Congrats, glad things worked out for you. As for the whitewalls, this is def. a car that should be sporting them. Now we need to see some pics in the great day for a ride thread!
  21. I gotta do this on my 29, I have put it on the back burner but I think it’s time To do it now
  22. I believe I have one might need to rechrome it but I get it out of my parts and send you a pic
  23. I can understand it getting out of the hands of Ford, lots of concept and show cars were released one way or the other, I think some were sent to the scarp yard. I dont think they were viewed as something extra special and 'museum' worthy when they were built just another concept of what ifs. Although they may be interested in something like that now. Maybe the asking price is too high for them or it just isnt what it is purported to be. Lots of cars have created history thats gets blended in and the truth gets lost over time and multiple owners.
  24. Station wagon fans, and Studebaker fans, should like this car. And it's probably realistically priced for what it is, and for its fine condition. Thanks, Steve, for posting this excellent find. Some car fan should buy it and equip it with 1950's luggage or picnic gear!
  1. Load more activity