Yet Another New TV Show that YOU can appear in

Steve Moskowitz

https://pitmancastinginc.formstack.com/forms/untitled_car_race_project_application

They are looking for teams of two to do a Cannonball style race across country.  I am just posting to give you an opportunity if you wish.  Could be a lot of fun.

Greetings,

I'm a Casting Producer based in Los Angeles Casting an Exciting New TV Show on a Major Network!! We want people that love their cars and have a companion that accompany them on this amazing adventure (husband and wife, High School Friends, Brothers and Sisters, Fathers and Daughters, etc). This is your opportunity to get your pride and joy on National TV for everyone to see!

We are looking for:

Teams of Two (2)

Driving in their own Amazing Car 

for a Race Across the Country

to win $100,000!!

This Casting is Nationwide and Open to all Car Makes and Years, provided the Cars look and run great!

Are you Super Competitive?

Do you love your car and want to show it off?

Is your Car an extension of your Personality??

If so, this could be the show for you!!

If you would love to Apply, Click the link below for the application and more details!

https://pitmancastinginc.formstack.com/forms/untitled_car_race_project_application

Looking forward to getting your submission! Feel free to contact me at the numbers below.

Or, if you know someone that this opportunity would be perfect for, please forward them my info!

Cevin Middleton
Casting Producer

Pitman Casting

210 N. Pass Ave suite 101

Burbank, CA 91505
Office: 818.666.3606 ext. 309
Cell: 818.642.9875

Fax: 323.784.0353

Cevin@pitmancasting.com

• Like 1

Gee, I would love to do that with my friend Dan Gurney in a Ferrari Daytona. The easiest $100K ever. Seriously, it is an interesting idea, but I doubt that anyone would want to drive their classic car in it. A 2017 Mustang GT 350R is a different story.

Lew Bachman

1957 T-Bird Colonial White

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1957Birdman said:

Gee, I would love to do that with my friend Dan Gurney in a Ferrari Daytona. The easiest $100K ever. Seriously, it is an interesting idea, but I doubt that anyone would want to drive their classic car in it. A 2017 Mustang GT 350R is a different story.

Lew Bachman

I think I read that book.

5 hours ago, 1957Birdman said:

Lew Bachman

That is OK I will go with Adrienne Barbeau  in the Lamborghini and if we win you and Dan can still have the money.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

We want people that love their cars...

Open to all Car Makes and Years, provided the Cars look and run great!...

Is your Car an extension of your Personality??...

I suspect the producer likes cars, and that's a good thing.

But then there's the mixture of good looks and personality

that they want to interject, to distort the real story.

I'm sure they'd love a voluptuous 22-year-old blonde in a Ferrari

more than a boring 70-year-old retired accountant in a 1965 Studebaker.

AACA car shows--not TV shows--are the REAL reality!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

I suspect the producer likes cars, and that's a good thing.

But then there's the mixture of good looks and personality

that they want to interject, to distort the real story.

AACA car shows--not TV shows--are the REAL reality!

They will also want a couple of rednecks with hot tempers mulling over what road to take.

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

John,

Maybe you should offer to team up with the voluptuous 22-year old blonde.  If you don't already have one (Ferrari and/or 22-year old blonde), I'm sure that a member of this forum will volunteer you the use of theirs:P

Cheers,

Grog

Yes, Grog, I'm missing both of those things---

but they would probably want a 25-year-old dark-haired body-builder

for casting of the other team member.

Just imagine if their show had been around decades ago:

"Thanks for applying, Mr. Barney Oldfield.  You'll have to

lose some weight and cap your teeth to be on our show.

We're going to have to repaint your car in our sponsor's colors,

and you realize, of course, that you're scripted to lose 

the so-called race!"

Ah, to be around normal people instead,

enjoying a quiet car show on a grassy lawn

in the summer of 2017!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

I have spoken to them a bit more.  I sure would love to see a good representative for AACA in the mix but this is a elimination reality show, nothing more.  It does sound like it could be fun but it is a 10 week commitment.

Steve, with your enthusiasm and car knowledge, you'd be a good contestant!

We'd hold down the fort for you while you're making headlines for the AACA!

• Like 1

It all depends on their definition of RACE

Remember reading about the Great American Race for antique cars back in 1982, scheduled for 1983?  I thought it was to good to be true, a race across America in antique cars with a $250,000 purse!  What could be a better test of man and machine, especially antique machines?  Our restoration and driving ability in a fantastically fun event with a big purse, "it must be a hoax"."
After reading all we could and watching that 1983 first Great American Race, we formed a team and registered for the 1984 Great American Race, and the work began for the adventure of a lifetime.  (Little did I know, I would be hooked)
Now, after 11 "Adventures of a Lifetime" in The Great American Races, I read of new adventures with more interest,  "Race" has many forms.
  • Like 1

Letting Barney Oldfield, America's first national sports hero, enter would mean he'd win. His circus antics would draw a lot of criticism; wrecking his car, mowing down fenceposts and bystanders when going off-course, interviews with the press and having affairs with nurses from his hospital bed, etc., but the ratings would be good.

10 minutes ago, Dandy Dave said:

Oh Hell. I may just as well enter the Chartreuse Lady. I could trailer it when the cameras are off. Dandy Dave!

So, Dave, you might as well practice with the enrollment questions here  -_-:

"How is the vehicle an extension of you?"

"Between you and your partner who is the more competitive and why?"

"What is the craziest thing you have ever done for money?"

Yes, those are some actual questions.  Is this show about racing, or about personality?!

• Like 1

Exciting prospect, but I'm probably not the "right" type - besides, we sold our Quad Overhead Cam Maseratti engined 5-speed 1972 Citroen SM several years ago to this FORUM's Trimacar, and he passed it on to another collector years ago - 

That SM would have been the perfect "ride" for this event - 156 mph all day long (ask my wife), great handling, extremely comfortable, decent fuel mileage, room for 2 cameramen in the rear seat, --- but who would finance it for us?

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Sounds like an awesome concept-idea ... sounds right up my alley ... well, the road trip part, anyway ... but then with this being a "reality" show, the inevitable "differences" (aka disagreements between participants....) & such ... might make this a bit less appealing.  Besides, I usually like to road trip by myself ... & meet people along the way. ;)  LOL

Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc

"Get out there & find someone" | Good Charlotte | 'I Don't Want To Be In Love'