I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

9 hours ago, Fr. Buick said:

Anybody know the history on this one?  Perhaps a semi-custom for some hotel, it looks like, but I can't quite make out the last two lines of the sign 

https://digitalcollections.lib.washington.edu/digital/collection/imlsmohai/id/3029/

On 2/23/2020 at 10:02 PM, Fr. Buick said:

Anybody know the history on this one?  Perhaps a semi-custom for some hotel, it looks like, but I can't quite make out the last two lines of the sign.

Don't know - and couldn't find - any history, but the sign states:

The

"Old Vienna"

Buick

Riviera

Sedan

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 4:43 AM, Elpad said:

93B26ADE-EAAA-4C37-BF28-1A03F703E1E2.jpeg

My brother had a pedal car just like the one in this picture. Mine was an "Estate Wagon."  They must have been made with some thick gauge sheet metal. We'd play bumper cars with them and never put a dent into them.

murray-pedal-car-estate-ranch-wagon_1_ea02c8c3517fc44b2a459e034b8f683c.thumb.jpg.5c82a0323ad2d3a9b87baf00b7893352.jpg

• Like 3

TV commercial for the “Goldfish” crackers has a parade marching to the tune of “Stars and Stripes Forever” - and the characters are riding in a cartoon version of a Black 1953 Buick convertible

5C4518D2-AAEF-42BF-8F0A-963CA2CAE444.jpeg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

Speaking of estate wagons, I was once riding in one to help a buddy bring home a vintage trailer.  The poor Buick was not too well-maintained, and the cooling system was starting to go.  So we pulled into a parts store for fresh hoses and fluid.  A dingy young lady was behind the counter and she looked at me blankly when I asked about hoses for 1989 Buick Estate Wagon.  She said, "A what?" 

I said, "You know, estate, like your dead uncle..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Haven't seen this one before. In 57-60 Buick and Pininfarina teamed up and built the Skylark 111, a two seater.

Harley Earl, Harlow Curtis, and Ned Nickless directed the construction of a full scale clay model know as the Skylark11.

After that they contacted Pininfarina to make 2 running versions know as the Skylark 111 or GM experimental XP-75.

It was a 2 seater but nothing with 2 seats came along untill the Reatta in '88.

More can be found at https://www.macsmotorcitygarage.com/skylark-iii-buicks-fabulous-italian-two-seater/

1957-Buick-XP-75-Pininfarina-white.jpg1957-buick-xp-75-pininfarina-rearTwo-Buick-XP-75-prototypes.jpgSkylark-III-cockpit.jpgsilver-1958-skylark-iii-ftont1958-buick-skylark-iii-pininfarina-silver-rear

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2