A car on or in a trailer, name of town/city and State

15 hours ago, g-g-g0 said:

Here’s one from the past, probably late 60’s. As the picture indicates, headed to Indiana from Canton, IL. I was just out of college, new job, new wife, and subsidizing my income by buying old cars and parting them. Always wondered what ever happened to this old gal!

IMG_1543.jpeg

The good ole days, when someone putting an antique car on a trailer made the newspaper.

• Like 3

I guess we have already covered Oregon but,

Garbage in, garbage out.

Oops, I guess the garbage out pic is on my phone, but they are all gone to the same buyer.

He sent three roll decks.

Still have the trailers.

20211010_162945.jpg

2018-02-24 COE 001.JPG

IM005023.JPG

• Like 5

UPMichigan.jpg.809a23bbc1c0fa264e9668b9ce5b6366.jpg

1934 Ford Phaeton on the way back to Florida after the coldest Glidden Tour ever in Mackinaw City an the UP of Michigan, 2001

We had to stop and tour on the North GA & NC mountains around Lake Chatuge in Hiawassee, GA.   Also visited Franklin NC

where eventually moved.   Phaetons are great fair weather touring cars, and GMC's are still great touring coaches.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Paul Dobbin said:

UPMichigan.jpg.809a23bbc1c0fa264e9668b9ce5b6366.jpg

1934 Ford Phaeton on the way back to Florida after the coldest Glidden Tour ever in Mackinaw City an the UP of Michigan, 2001

We had to stop and tour on the North GA & NC mountains around Lake Chatuge in Hiawassee, GA.   Also visited Franklin NC

where eventually moved.   Phaetons are great fair weather touring cars, and GMC's are still great touring coaches.

That looks like a GM motorhome. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TAKerry said:

That looks like a GM motorhome. 

Bingo, a 1977 GMC Eleganza III with it's 455 Olds engine and a 455 final drive, 7 MPG towing.   With it's original 307 final drive drive it got

11 MPG, but was no good at towing, but would cruise at 80 MPH.

• Like 4

Sold my 66 Imperial to a guy in Spokane WA.  Loading here in Mentor on the Lake, OH Sept. 2011). My current car being towed away from an incompetent mechanic who tried for 2 months to fix my brakes (Nov. 2019) First time I ever had to do that. (there's a whole story there..)

leaving 008.jpg

towed 002.JPG

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

The day I picked up the crusty 47 Hudson convertible in Meridian Idaho. And the day the new owner picked it up in Nampa Idaho.

IMG_20120423_195245.jpg

moving pictures 140.JPG

I enjoyed the Thread of you building the top for that car.   Was hoping to see you finish the whole car.   My wife wants the Jaguar when done.

Edited by Paul Dobbin (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

What;\'s the drive line in the Jaguar?  There had to be a reason to widen it.  Looks like the hood widening is next.

I'm sure it will be a awesome ride when done.   I used Jaguar front and rear suspension in a Model A Ford years ago,

which I'll never do again, but it was fun to drive with it's Mustang V8 and a C6 Trans..

Edited by Paul Dobbin (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Widened 9 inches, stretched 7 inches, XJS V12 with duel fours, automatic transmission, XJS rear suspension, after market polished front suspension, four wheel disk brakes, Dayton wire wheels 18 inch in the back, 17 inch in the front, duel exhaust in the center of the rear of the car, modified stock frame, custom gas tank, modified and stretched convertible top that still folds down, windshield frame and top chopped 1 1/4, custom 200 mph speedometer with matching gauges, steel floors, modified Mark2 trunk lid, have two hoods and four doors to complete the body mods.It has been a long project that always got pushed in the corner for customers cars( and random Hudson's) Would be nice to drive it, I think it might have also been part of the targeting in Idaho. People there seemed to want your stuff as you are destroyed and driven out, or framed. Two more trips, then everything will be out of Idaho. Got the trip mapped out. Just waiting for the right time.  

Amelia Island 010.jpg

• Like 1

Here is a picture of my first Hudson, a 1952 Wasp sedan. Car is loaded up in Boise Idaho, ready to go to a club member recommended by Glen Johnson, to get a new clutch installed. We trailed it to Utah to have “shiftless Leo” (that was what Glenn called him) install a new clutch. I was 17-18 years old at the time, 34 years ago.

686BA744-66CF-4EAF-8FEB-0DEE625FE658.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here is a picture taken somewhere between Boise Idaho and Seattle Washington. We moved to Seattle when I was 19. I was driving my 52 Wasp, the car with the tarp on it, is my dad’s 37 Terraplane utility coupe. Behind it you can just see the roof of my 37 Terraplane utility coupe being towed  with the other moving van.

3BCA8D63-FB0B-424F-B631-6B691666CBA7.jpeg

Edited by Xander Wildeisen (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2024 at 8:29 AM, stretch cab said:

Looks like Wally Hoder's Phaeton, "Mrs. May"  They are beautiful cars!

Wow, haven't heard Wally's name for a while. I remember him well, operating, along with Charlie Coney, Autoland in Hobe Sound, Florida, an early collector car dealership. And Wally loved '34 Fords.

16 hours ago, car crazy said:

Wow, haven't heard Wally's name for a while. I remember him well, operating, along with Charlie Coney, Autoland in Hobe Sound, Florida, an early collector car dealership. And Wally loved '34 Fords.

I grew up hanging out at Autoland.  Wally helped my dad and me restore my early 30 Model A truck.  Wally passed away last year.

On 7/23/2024 at 11:33 PM, rodneybeauchamp said:

Genuine barn find S Series Valiant RHD that three of us bought to flip from a farmer in Spalding in the Mid North of South Australia. Found out the distributor drive was broken when we got it home so we sold it not running!

Still got stupid money for it. Last photo is Max guiding off into my back driveway at Encounter Bay, South Australia. Smelt awful inside! 

If ‘‘twas a Buick would be a different story!

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀

IMG_3337.jpeg

IMG_3338.jpeg

IMG_3340.jpeg

IMG_3335.jpeg

IMG_3339.jpeg

Back in the day working in an auto parts store we stocked the plastic distributor drive gear and the clip and pin as a kit. We had a contest to see who could get the most money for the kit. 

I remember 1 Sunday a guy came in needing the gear and he was from the other side of our state. My co-worker got $24.95 plus tax. Of course the guy paid the price, it was a quick and easy fix and he was able to get home. The gear  kit retailed for $3.95.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, brasscarguy said:

Back in the day working in an auto parts store we stocked the plastic distributor drive gear and the clip and pin as a kit. We had a contest to see who could get the most money for the kit. 

I remember 1 Sunday a guy came in needing the gear and he was from the other side of our state. My co-worker got $24.95 plus tax. Of course the guy paid the price, it was a quick and easy fix and he was able to get home. The gear  kit retailed for $3.95.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Funny bout that! Back in the day, I was a Parts Interpreter ( Counter Hopper) for the large Chrysler Parts Distributor for our State, (Pun intended) and sold many of those gear kits myself for the Slant Six.

Should have remembered that’s what failed on these, but I think I removed all the Chrysler Parts Knowledge when I got interested in Pontiacs and Buicks. I also think that we probably didn’t want to mess too much with what we had, given it was a flipper, though no doubt, with a running engine, would have been worth more $$$$$$$

Gee, that was err more than …… sheesh ….. 45years ago 😳😳😳😳😳

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀

PS but can still remember quite a few Chrysler part numbers for some of the fast moving items. 😀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ironically - I just stopped

for the day in Ontario, Oregon

which is just west

of Nampa, Idaho.

On my way to Albuquerque

with this beauty …

Father to son 1939 Chevy Custom

has all original steel with modern 

safety - powertrain - brake 

and suspension modifications.

My second transport for this family.

IMG_2162.jpeg.bc3e60088beee991180ee156946acff1.jpeg

IMG_2163.jpeg.d1ae79aa50534fd1886876e41b80f9ab.jpeg

YouTube video at pick up

in Hillsboro, Oregon …

Jim

Edited by Trulyvintage (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Just joshing Jim.

Its a nice looking car.

Although I think original motor, brakes, drivetrain, etc. maintained properly are perfectly 'safe' to drive down the road. Now for enhanced 'modern safety' perhaps seatbelts and even an airbag (if thats even possible) should be added.

• Like 1