Oldsmobile Limited takes the prize at Greenbrier Concours!

Had to be an amazing feeling to be among all those gorgeous cars.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozstatman said:

Bob, Is that bonnet(hood) chromed, stainless or ??????

Dad had a friend locally that had a big Packard just like this one. I was young and knew little about 'old cars' when I looked at it. It has been 40+ yrs but I recall that he found it in Mexico and the one he owned had a nickle plated hood? The fellow had quite a collection of Packards. His last name was Henry.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BobinVirginia said:

That Buick took second in my opinion. Such a cool car yet not an exotic. A beautiful Buick 

IMG_0545.jpeg

Fantastic restoration.  Period appropriate colors and no whitewalls!!!!

• Like 10

2 hours ago, TAKerry said:

Dad had a friend locally that had a big Packard just like this one. I was young and knew little about 'old cars' when I looked at it. It has been 40+ yrs but I recall that he found it in Mexico and the one he owned had a nickle plated hood? The fellow had quite a collection of Packards. His last name was Henry.

Knew them well and were wonderful people. Great collection, and more than happy to give you a ride or tour around their farm.

• Like 2

There seems to have been a certain taste among the ultra-wealthy of those on the Asia sub-continent for lavish polished metal or chrome embellishments for their luxury cars.  As if simply possessing a car among the legion of impoverished citizens wasn't enough to reenforce one's social standing...

Thanks for the photographs, wonderful selection of interesting Classics. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Buick is also a AACA winning car and won the Zenith Award in 2019. It also has won every award AACA can bestow on a car! An amazing restoration with an engine compartment and chassis that are like a jewel.  Superiorly researched and restored.  It is a CCCA full classic Model 8-94. 

Greenbrier was a very nice, relaxed event at a historic location,  Just getting to tour the Presidential bunker is worth the trip.

We had quite a few AACA members participating and judging.  I was pleased to judge again this year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

The Buick is also a AACA winning car and won the Zenith Award in 2019. It also has won every award AACA can bestow on a car! An amazing restoration with an engine compartment and chassis that are like a jewel.  Superiorly researched and restored.  It is a CCCA full classic Model 8-94. 

Greenbrier was a very nice, relaxed event at a historic location,  Just getting to tour the Presidential bunker is worth the trip.

We had quite a few AACA members participating and judging.  I was pleased to judge again this year.

If I’d realized you were there I would’ve liked to meet you. That was my first Concours show. I really had a good time seeing the Limited and talking with the Peeler’s. Thanks for the information on the Buick. That one was by far the nicest Buick I’ve ever seen. Without the forum I’d have never known about the show and would’ve missed out. I had a terrific day! 

Lovely photos of the Greenbriar Concours.  Some guy from my h.s., another Langley High* alum, went there and all he shared with us was a 70s Porsche 914!

* in the backwater town of McLean

• Thanks 1

Yes Bob, thanks for the great photos! I would've liked to have attended but too many other obligations unfortunately. Thanks for taking us along! 👍

• Thanks 1