Auction-Model A's & T's & More - CULVER, OR 97734 - 3/11/2024 - 3/21/2024

Can you imagine the time and effort it took to organize, display and catalog all this stuff?

The auctioneer's commission must be significant to cover the labor and still end up with a profit.

Probably not much besides the empty barns and fields for the widow.

2 minutes ago, JACK M said:

I better quit looking at this stuff, Only a couple of hours from me.

Come on, you know you need an old tractor or some old jacks around your place. :D

If I read it correctly, when I looked at the link yesterday, the auction has over a week to go! So there is plenty of time yet for bids to go much higher. I wish I could afford to do some bidding. There will probably be some good deals, but I suspect a lot of those things will go much higher yet.

That Dodge coupe would be on my radar, as well as a Ford tractor or two. When I was little, my grandfather was still raising peaches outside Modesto California, and we would spend part of each summer visiting while my dad helped with the harvest. My grandfather had  three 8N/9N Ford tractors as well as a couple others and a Clark fork lift for loading the big trucks that took the peaches to the local canneries. I was driving the Ford tractors solo when I was six years old. He retired and sold them all when I was twelve, and I have always wanted to have one of those tractors.

Not enough room and not enough money.

• Like 2

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Auction-Model A's & T's & More - CULVER, OR 97734 - 3/11/2024 - 3/21/2024