2023 Boca Raton Concours

ron hausmann

I would like to give a special shout out to Steve Moskowitz our industrious and glorious leader of the AACA. He did a fantastic job at judging this weekend at the Boca Concorurs.  I would also like to thank him for giving me this wonderful shirt. I will wear it with pride!

8B0660F9-7778-466E-95B1-389E06D0EBA7.jpeg

CF18C07A-0B71-4C68-BF52-D078E71582C6.jpeg

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 9
  • Haha 12

Here we have Steve hard at work with the head judge of the show. When I approached, I realized they weren’t talking about cars. They were talking about the buffet. 

747CBFBD-C4FA-460B-9DB0-9F518291B496.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, West Peterson said:

One wonders if the generator can even keep up with the eight lights on the front of it.

Of course it does. The lights as bright as my personality. 

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, edinmass said:

I would like to give a special shout out to Steve Moskowitz are industrious and glorious leader of the AACA. He did a fantastic job at judging this weekend at the Boca Concorurs.  I would also like to thank him for giving me this wonderful shirt. I will wear it with pride!

8B0660F9-7778-466E-95B1-389E06D0EBA7.jpeg

4CE06553-C563-4D97-BBDB-1E9F4A047BF6.jpeg

Only you could make a purple shirt look bad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I really like that Cadillac roadster with the subtle colors and black walls and I am a white wall tire guy.  And the question I have is will the t shirt that Ed has on now be on sale at the AACA booth at Hershey? Is it official?  Hey its historical or should that be hysterical?

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On the photos of the colors on the Caddys.  It's actually scary how good photoshop has become.  You can't believe everything you see.  Yet the technology is great for choosing colors.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, West Peterson said:

Sooo.... No user involvement, then? Anyone can be a photographer as long as he's got the right amount of money...

Absolutely!!  If you have the right amount of money to spare, you can drive through certain red lights and not even have to touch the button!   

But seriously.  Did you take all those photos in Car Collector magazine over the years with one of those Snap, Crackle & Pop cameras that were free in a box of RIce Krispies?

Craig

Edited by 8E45E (see edit history)

14 hours ago, West Peterson said:

Sooo.... No user involvement, then? Anyone can be a photographer as long as he's got the right amount of money...

I think one can make the case that photography is an art form  and the photographer a highly skilled artist with the artistry coming from the imagination and skill of the photographer, how he/she sets and frames the scene, lighting, background, color, etc.  West does an exceptional job of this for us in his superb photos of antique vehicles that he shares on this forum and in every issue of Antique Automobile. The camera, while an important and essential tool for the photographer, similar to the brush for a painter or chisel for a sculptor ultimately does not create the art or replace the artist. Not trying to speak for West, but perhaps that is the point he is very subtly trying to make?

Edited by CChinn (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please ignore Ed's comments in reference to me.  I did my best to avoid him all week but to no avail.  The guy was everywhere!  The Cadillac is one of my favorite cars in the collection and personally I love the colors.  Ron's car is awesome and my judges really enjoyed seeing it and meeting Ron.  Tough and unusual class.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ericmac said:

So Ron, how was the Kissel received? Award winner or not, it would be a real delight to own and drive a car the caliber of one of your Kissels. 

The Kissel got an awful lot of attention. More than many others because of its unique color sch3me and body style. Because she is unrestored, she certainly wasn’t able to compete and win against those other beautifully done restored classics. And the original unrestored 1912 Buick next to us was without a doubt, a better “preservation” class winner car than we were. So we were outclassed in both groups. But hey, we were just so happy to be there and spend a wonderful several days there at that plush resort. And our car was featured in local media writups as well.

Thanks,  Ron Hausmann

Edited by ron hausmann (see edit history)
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, ron hausmann said:

But hey, we were just so happy to be there...

Any unrestored 100 year-old car that's still running and driving and present for judging in a concours show is a winner in my book!  ;)

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, CChinn said:

I think one can make the case that photography is an art form  and the photographer a highly skilled artist with the artistry coming from the imagination and skill of the photographer, how he/she sets and frames the scene, lighting, background, color, etc.  West does an exceptional job of this for us in his superb photos of antique vehicles that he shares on this forum and in every issue of Antique Automobile. The camera, while an important and essential tool for the photographer, similar to the brush for a painter or chisel for a sculptor ultimately does not create the art or replace the artist. Not trying to speak for West, but perhaps that is the point he is very subtly trying to make?

A camera is only as good as its user, but there are limitations with that.  One has to be in possession of good equipment to be a good photographer.  The same also applies to painters, woodworkers, etc.  One will never achieve the same level of perfection with substandard equipment.

Craig

5 minutes ago, West Peterson said:

Here's one for Steve.

image.jpeg

Peterson, you have better things to do than photoshop a CDO or question my taste in colors.  The Cadillac from the Lehrman Collection has been a huge hit wherever it has been and only a certain friend with unusual taste and strong opinions may not like it! :) 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 8:58 AM, Steve Moskowitz said:

Peterson, you have better things to do than photoshop a CDO or question my taste in colors.  The Cadillac from the Lehrman Collection has been a huge hit wherever it has been and only a certain friend with unusual taste and strong opinions may not like it! :) 

Im with you Steve, so many pre war cars are posted here with vibrant colours and the comments usually go to how bad they look. When I saw the Caddy I was blown away with the paint. I would love to see it in person. Sometimes the scheme gets a bit crazy but this one looks perfect to me.

In my defense, I said NOTHING bad about the car or its colors. I just thought forum members would like to see what the Cadillac would look like in a different color. I will say that I'm not a fan of eight lights on the front of a Classic car, though... whether or not the generator can keep up or not.