US/Canada Border Closed Until at least Oct 21 - No Hershey this year

Gangster

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to US/Canada Border Closed Until at least Oct 21 - No Hershey this year
57 minutes ago, greenie said:

You know there are places you can seek across our northern border, just saying………

I'm fairly knowledgable about the border, the Canadian Border Service was one of my biggest customers during my working days.  We sold them some very interesting technologies that keep a pretty good eye on what may appear to be unwatched areas. Just sayin...

Going to be a lot more empty vending spots this year with all us Canadian venders that can't make it, I wonder if we are able to move our fees forward to next yr? or are we just going to be out of luck on this one.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coachJC said:

Going to be a lot more empty vending spots this year with all us Canadian venders that can't make it, I wonder if we are able to move our fees forward to next yr? or are we just going to be out of luck on this one.  

I believe you will be pleased on the outcome of this.  I will not speak for the region but the chairman was here today and spoke to me about the issue. 

1 hour ago, Matt Harwood said:

And stupidly, they just opened the borders for vaccinated Europeans flying to the US, but not for vaccinated Canadians driving in. WTF?

“People deserve the government they get, and they deserve to get it good and hard..... H.L.Mencken

We are certainly  going to miss our neighbors to the North, EH ???

And we are certainly going to miss our friends from Sweden,  Norway, the Netherlands,  Switzerland, 

Spain, England, France,  Belgium, Germany, Portugal, 

Australia  and New Zealand,

Columbia, Argentina, and Brazil,

And others....

See some of you in 2021, and ALL OF YOU in 2022...

Yours, Craig....

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

I believe you will be pleased on the outcome of this.  I will not speak for the region but the chairman was here today and spoke to me about the issue. 

Thank you Steve and I look forward to hearing more on this, I do have a friend who called a couple of weeks ago before the confirmation that the boarder closure would continue till at least Nov 21, to ask about what could be done with respect to his vending spots if we weren't allowed to cross the boarder ,and he was not happy with the response he got. I am glad that this is being looked at further as there are lots of us Canadians who vend at Hershey.

Thanks Jeff

Edited by coachJC (see edit history)
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, mobileparts said:

We are certainly  going to miss our neighbors to the North, EH ???

And we are certainly going to miss our friends from Sweden,  Norway, the Netherlands,  Switzerland, 

Spain, England, France,  Belgium, Germany, Portugal, 

Australia  and New Zealand,

Columbia, Argentina, and Brazil,

And others....

See some of you in 2021, and ALL OF YOU in 2022...

We sure as hell hope we can!  

A year ago at this time, we all said 'see you in 2021', and it hasn't changed any.

Craig

I saw yesterday on Fox, Biden opened travel from Europeans that have been fully vaccinated, so hopefully a lot of my foriegn friends were hopeful  that might happen and they said it was pressure by the Europeans ??  Maybe AACA ought to check into this further and see if its true and announce it still time.

🙏

5 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

The new regulations according to what I read do not take affect until November.

Steve is correct.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/us-relax-travel-restrictions-passengers-uk-eu-november-source-2021-09-20/

BTW Canadians can fly to the US with proof of double vaccination and a recent negative Covid test, however for most of us that is not a practical solution for Hershey.  I checked out Toronto - Harrisburg flights for fun, they were over $550 CDN.

1 hour ago, greenie said:

For those Canadians that fly to the Fall Meet, stop in at my spaces, GAI 18-19 for your ‘41-46 Chevy/GMC parts. I’ll discount your purchase by 20%! In a normal year, guys and gals from Canada, especially Ontario, constitute 1/3 of my sales! 

It also has to remembered that the negative Covid test required to enter the US runs anywhere from $180 to $220 in Canada. 

Sad situation all around, I generally make at least fifteen trips per year into the US, not sure when I will be able to justify another trip over the border if I need to shell out the test fee each time.

From the article, dated September 20:

The United States has continued to extend the extraordinary restrictions on Canada and Mexico on a monthly basis since March 2020, when they were imposed to address the spread of COVID-19.

The latest monthly extension goes through Oct. 21, White House COVID-19 coordinator Jeff Zients told reporters Monday.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 5:23 PM, Steve Moskowitz said:

I can confirm, that the region will be refunding all the Canadiens their flea market money and they will NOT lose their spaces for next year.  

• Like 2

On 9/21/2021 at 5:24 PM, Bhigdog said:

“People deserve the government they get, and they deserve to get it good and hard..... H.L.Mencken

Hardly, because many of us did not vote for the government we got..............

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

I can confirm, that the region will be refunding all the Canadiens their flea market money and they will NOT lose their spaces for next year.  

Thanks Steve, that is great news, looking forward to getting back to Hershey next year.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

On 10/5/2021 at 9:11 AM,  Steve Moskowitz said: 

I can confirm, that the region will be refunding all the Canadiens their flea market money and they will NOT lose their spaces for next year.  

Thanks Steve, that is great news, looking forward to getting back to Hershey next year.

Anything happening with this ?

Bill McLaughlin