Who is going to Auburn ?

Bill Stoneberg

Since the ACD Auburn meet has been going on since the early 50’s.......you should say Who is going to thr AACA event at Auburn.............

6 hours ago, old-tank said:

We are planning on going.  Registration sent in 2 weeks ago, but still no confirmation or acknowledgement.

Willy, You will not get one unless you sent in a SASE. At least that's what i read on the one registration form (not sure if it was on Buick or AACA form.

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2021 at 12:53 PM, Bill Stoneberg said:

Just wondering who I might see up there.  I am driving my new to me Cadillac as my Buick is still being worked on.

Dianne and I are coming in the 1969 Riviera I bought last May, entered in both AACA and BCA for judging.  Looking forward to seeing friends

and making new ones!

Chuck Nixon

Fort Worth, TX

IMG_6942 - Copy.JPG

Edited by chuckfmtexas (see edit history)

I would really like to come..... had a knee replaced on May 7 so I a, presently 5 weeks out of surgery and don't know if another 2 weeks will have me walking a show field.

Have family north of Indy could stay there and see how much torture I can take in one day.... maybe I can rent a electric wheelchair.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, jensenracing77 said:

So I don't need to get there till Friday sometime? I was originally coming Thursday but if the main show is only Saturday I will not come up till Friday. 

I'm new to the car show thing, so help me out here. I'm going to arrive in my '64 on Thursday evening. I was planning to register this weekend so that I could park on the show field throughout the event. I will not want my car judged. Now that I know the cars will be on the field only on Saturday I assume that I'll be parking in the spectator lots on Friday. I have to leave for home around Noon on Saturday. Given all that, I see no reason to register at all. Am I missing something?

19 hours ago, jensenracing77 said:

So I don't need to get there till Friday sometime? I was originally coming Thursday but if the main show is only Saturday I will not come up till Friday. 

Flea market on Friday...setup day Thursday

Cruise in downtown Friday night

1 hour ago, Machine Gun said:

I'm new to the car show thing, so help me out here. I'm going to arrive in my '64 on Thursday evening. I was planning to register this weekend so that I could park on the show field throughout the event. I will not want my car judged. Now that I know the cars will be on the field only on Saturday I assume that I'll be parking in the spectator lots on Friday. I have to leave for home around Noon on Saturday. Given all that, I see no reason to register at all. Am I missing something?

Let me get some answers on parking for Friday. You could leave by noon, but supposed to stay til 3 but on one will stop you.

9 hours ago, Machine Gun said:

Now that I know the cars will be on the field only on Saturday I assume that I'll be parking in the spectator lots on Friday.

Usually the cars are parked at the host hotel on the non show days, thus it becomes a big party/cruise-in type atmosphere for the days ahead of the main show.  It's a chance to get to know the people who attended, wash your car, share a dining experience, and/or just kick back with some others and have a cool refreshment, without a care. while surrounded by a sea of our favorite topics.  Just arriving for a main car show within a multiple day event is really shorting yourself on a great experience.  

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 4:41 PM, 38Buick 80C said:
On 6/8/2021 at 9:54 AM, old-tank said:

We are planning on going.  Registration sent in 2 weeks ago, but still no confirmation or acknowledgement.

Willy, You will not get one unless you sent in a SASE. At least that's what i read on the one registration form (not sure if it was on Buick or AACA form.

Finally talked to the right person (Pat), so we are set. The Texas Road Warriors will plan the invasion!:o

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

Usually the cars are parked at the host hotel on the non show days, thus it becomes a big party/cruise-in type atmosphere for the days ahead of the main show.  It's a chance to get to know the people who attended, wash your car, share a dining experience, and/or just kick back with some others and have a cool refreshment, without a care. while surrounded by a sea of our favorite topics.  Just arriving for a main car show within a multiple day event is really shorting yourself on a great experience.  

Key word "usually" this isn't a BCA event, it is an AACA event, different usually...

But I have GOOD NEWS, not only is there plenty of parking on Thursday and Friday, but AACA has agreed to dedicate an area for show car parking on those days. so the "cruise-in atmosphere" will be there. 

Now we just need more cars... get your registrations in ASAP

13 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

@38Buick 80CBrian, thanx for your response. now I need to get my registration in ASAP!

@JohnD1956I agree that doing only the main car show would miss out on a lot, but I had no intention of limiting my activities to that. My question was only in regard to the possibility of Friday parking on the grounds. I plan to arrive Thursday night, walk the flea market and take in the other activities on Friday, do the Friday evening thing in Auburn, and then take in the show on Saturday morning. 

• Like 2

Rolled in too late to pick up my registration so I'll have to do that in the morning. I'm staying down in Ft. Wayne at the Spring Hill Suites, about 12 minutes from the park. I'm using up some of my gazillion Marriott points. Hope to see some of you tomorrow.

• Like 2

Mostly event-free drive. A few sprinkles along the way but nothing major. Voltage regulator in the Buick gave up the ghost--I knew it was getting iffy and thought that I packed a spare. Nope. It was pegged at full charge half the trip, so when we stopped for food and gas, I opened up the regulator and flexed the points a bit and cleaned them with a folded piece of paper. After that, there was no charging at all. Dang. Concerned that I had fried the generator by running for two hours at full charge, I grounded the armature and it went back to full charge, so the generator is OK and it's definitely the regulator. Hopefully I can find one at the swap meet or in a local auto parts store. Otherwise I'll just drive home with it disconnected--it should run for days on the battery alone. If anyone is here and has a 3-terminal Delco regulator, I'd sure like to buy it!

Other than that, the Buick and the Pink Lady just hammered along at 60 MPH without getting at all fussy. Good drive.

Very much looking forward to the ACD museum tomorrow.

1456999637_2021-07-0118_54_33.jpg.64fdf33060f4b7ae1dc4b5bcf2354a21.jpg  1078945027_2021-07-0119_09_17.jpg.dd2b9fb7330b1d1e6aa51226279348bc.jpg  2033696884_2021-07-0118_44_06.jpg.1472132c03cbb0cb119cade494160134.jpg

• Like 8

Now that all my devices have synced up together, I can show some more pictures.

First up is a 1950 Roadmaster custom. Body was put on a stretched 1971 Riviera and it has a high compression 455 with cutouts on the exhaust. Notice the visor.

Then we have a pair of 1954 Hudson Hornets with the Twin H motors. The convertible has AC.

and to finish it of is a 1977 MGB with the 1048 cc motor. It has a Weber carb and headers on it.  It also was bought by an Air Force man over in Coventry and still has the European Radio in it.

4E89406D-4C8B-40B8-AA82-0CC9F0776300.jpeg

92FFC6CD-CFBC-45B9-9EF5-590D0C1BBB33.jpeg

• Like 3