Who is going to Auburn ?

Bill Stoneberg

OK, HUGE shout-out to Autozone for getting me a new voltage regulator. None of the local stores had it (according to online sources, anyway), so I had to order one. I figured overnight shipping plus an upcharge for Saturday would be about $70 plus another $80 for the regulator. No problem, as long as they could actually deliver on Saturday of a holiday weekend.

Imagine my surprise when I got an E-mail this morning saying that my part would be delivered today, Friday. Really? So the family and I went to the ACD Museum (which is fantastic, of course) and got some lunch and sure enough, the new regulator was waiting for me at the front desk when we got back. Installed it in about 10 minutes and voila! Charging system working as designed. It even looks mostly correct.

315711147_2021-07-0213_53_57.jpg.053dd96af1c659d86f92a17993ad6b22.jpg  1401449236_2021-07-0213_51_16.jpg.c8adf0efc2e9a5445716742527915b2b.jpg

I ordered a part online at 10 PM and it's here from Nashville, TN at 1:00 the next day? AMAZING! Best of all, the regulator was only $53 and shipping was only $21. Rarely am I pleasantly surprised in this business, but this totally blew me away.

Thank you Autozone, you guys totally nailed it!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I just wanted to say thank you to all the Buick Owners that participated in the event today. I hope it was enjoyable, though i know different from a BCA National event. I believe we were just under 100 Buicks registered.

It was my pleasure to serve the Buick community in partnership with AACA and the Buick Heritage Alliance.

I would ask that all Buick owners who attended extend a thank you to the AACA for making the event happen and for efforts in the interests of the collector automobile hobby. 

I look forward to seeing you all in Lisle in 2022 (and maybe I might make it to the Mid-America Regional in Chesterfield, MO this fall).

Edited by 38Buick 80C (see edit history)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2