Great day for a car ride in the country

Brass is Best

Did another brief road test before preparing the car for transaxle removal & overhaul, which I’m hoping get started within next week.

Rest of the weekend will be dedicated for final fitting & installation of repair panels I fabricated A while back for a ‘56 Imperial trunk floor, although wife came up with a great alternative idea for tomorrow afternoon.
She mentioned most of our more generally popular restaurants will likely be far less crowded than on any other Sunday of the year and we should try to take advantage of this opportunity. Sounds good to me. 👍

F90BA87A-25D8-4713-81A1-64AE4E532953.jpeg

Edited by TTR (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Forgot to mention that while I don't often/usually attend C & C's or Cruise Nights, etc., I stopped by a local one on my way back from the road testing and was surprised the attention, comments and questions the car received.

Many of the attendees (mostly middle aged or older) admitted either not even knowing what it is or never having seen one in person, but most seemed to appreciate my showing up and taking time to answer and explain (to best of my abilities/knowledge) details of the car and it's brief existence history.

While I knew/know some in attendance, I was also surprised how many locals apparently know about or at least have heard of me, but don't know my shop is just a couple of miles from their Saturday am hangout, which proves my attempts to preserve some privacy (of myself and my clients) still seem to serve me fairly well after 30+ years. 🤫 

Edited by TTR (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 7:27 PM, Brass is Best said:

Sunny and 75 degrees here in Ohio. It was a great day to road test a 1994 Willys.

44mb1.jpg

44mb29.jpg

44mb31.jpg

44mb56.jpg

44mb57.jpg

44mb59.jpg

1994  ????   Are they replicating WWII Jeeps now?

On 4/26/2023 at 7:05 PM, John Smeltzer said:

Good day for a ride up the coast in the 41 

A009CCF4-0B02-4E7C-85A5-D744C52CA3EF.jpeg.619ba801670fe91c6bde142333d2597e.jpeg

12976321-AABE-44E5-8F08-B0E55D4DC9D1.jpeg.8b856e982516a82f96531ecb7806d5af.jpeg

I love the 35 Ford wire wheels on your 41.   I did that ti a 40 Pickup bac in 1984 and loved it.  Wish I had save the picture.

Note the golden V under the bowtie front grill badge. That was to denote the high performance engine option. The reg V8 got the silver "V" the inline 235 emblems had no "V" But the trunk V is not anodized gold trim. Anyways just a cool, cool car I got to drive on a nice day. It is a 283/ 4 bbl. so I was told. More like a later engine, but sure ran nice once the old tires got some heat in them and the PowerGlide made it's one shift.

60 impal 121.jpg

60 impal 110.jpg

• Like 8

Sorry no pic, will try to get one. Not sure where else to post but driving home today about 3 miles from my house I saw a Citicar sitting behind an old farmhouse. The farm once belonged to a dear friend, long departed. Not sure I have ever seen one of these cars in person. Have seen them in print and on a tv show awhile ago.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was 70 degrees today and partly sunny here in Mass.   I did about 100 miles in our Jag.   I think I'm getting old because my back hurt when I was done.

What I find funny is that in 1955 this was one of the fastest cars you could buy in the world.   I'm taking off when the light turns and I've got mom's in Minivans blowing by me.

IMG_2576.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

Yea, but how many mini vans get a thumbs up when driving down the road. Great looking car AJ. 

Andrew, beautiful Caddi. I really like the pic with flag in the background. 

Kerry, nobody notices it. Get way more attention in the Suburban.

IMG_2252.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TAKerry said:

Yea, but how many mini vans get a thumbs up when driving down the road. Great looking car AJ. 

Andrew, beautiful Caddi. I really like the pic with flag in the background. 

Thank you, I took about 15 photos to get a good one of the flag.

• Like 1

Here is a couple of pic of me following Mom and Dad home from a cruise night last night, need to make sure they get home safely. First time they have been out this yr. Dad turned 88 in May so need to keep an eye on him. Not sure how much driving of the Studebaker he has left, so I thought I better get a couple of pictures.... it was a perfect night.

20230620_200526.jpg

20230620_200543.jpg

Edited by coachJC (see edit history)
  • Like 11