Great day for a car ride in the country

Brass is Best

While my 88 years old social isolation ride is somewhat unorthodox by AACA standards, I did manage to rack up another 100+ miles of social distancing with it yesterday at nearby mountains. Wonderful switchback roads were quite clear of seasonally common residue of fallen dirt/rocks, ice/snow/water and other traffic. Only notable annoyance 😞 was malfunctioning onboard camcorder failing to capture most of the spirited hill climb pleasures I was enjoying on nearly empty roads.

• Like 3

Found a one photo of Sundays drive that hopefully won’t offend (m)any AACA gods or members. 
It is merely a shot of recording date, time & mileage at the start of the drive*, but also shows the intended destination** (& most exciting)  part of this particular drive, which (again) turned out more fun than two barrels full of monkeys***.

* I've doing this with all my vintage cars for decades to keep driving/mileage/travel records.

** Snow capped mountains seen above the steering wheel, through the windshield, far in the horizon

*** Full disclosure: I've never had even one, but can only imagine...

31AD6DFC-49D6-4BE9-8315-ACAB6845E683.jpeg

Edited by TTR (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, edinmass said:

Trying to ward off boredom........I took the roadster out for a spin around Palm Beach island. Lots of runners and bikers......very few cars. More people walking dogs than I have ever seen in my life.........

088A6E16-6010-4B01-83D5-922F65F05EB0.jpeg

Dogs are loving all this extra attention.

Cloudy and 40 degrees here in Ohio. But still a great day for a ride in a 1941 Cadillac. We work hard to make all our cars run well. So exercising them is important. We drove on country roads and then stopped to visit some relatives of the Fisher Brothers (of General Motors fame) at the St. Paul's Cemetery. Their parents and Charles Fisher's in-laws. 

41cad70.jpg

41cad71.jpg

41cad72.jpg

Edited by Brass is Best (see edit history)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Today was cold and blustery. 40 degrees and lots of wind. So we decided to exercise our 1941 Cadillac Convertible. This car is an absolute pleasure. We serviced it when we purchased it and took care of a few issues. Now this car is ready to enjoy. We have driven it 800 miles in the last month.

41cad73.jpg

41cad74.jpg

41cad75.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Taking my 91 year old mother out for a 50 mile drive on a beautiful day! In 1939, her family drove from NJ to Michigan in my grandfather’s 1933 Chevrolet Coach. The ride in my 1934 brought back some of those memories for her!

B40A7F6F-BE3F-485A-9F90-D99A3775F0BD.jpeg

47D3B782-E596-462C-A998-B0B1367C8AB4.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 5/17/2020 at 11:02 AM, Sskip said:

Taking my 91 year old mother out for a 50 mile drive on a beautiful day! In 1939, her family drove from NJ to Michigan in my grandfather’s 1933 Chevrolet Coach. The ride in my 1934 brought back some of those memories for her!

B40A7F6F-BE3F-485A-9F90-D99A3775F0BD.jpeg

47D3B782-E596-462C-A998-B0B1367C8AB4.jpeg

Very cool! Good for you!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Andy’s stuff at Peters Motorcars is very nice. We made a stop in our 1911 Ford on a rare 2020 COVID era Snappers Brass and Gas tour this past September. All the cars in his pictures are just as impressive in person. Great hosts! Wish I had room for the Mitchell and the 41 Caddy. 

Tom Muth

Cincinnati, Ohio

On 4/22/2020 at 9:22 AM, Brass is Best said:

We had the 1941 Cadillac out for a ride yesterday. We have driven this car over 1000 miles in the last month. This is a wonderful tour car. 

41cad76.jpg

41cad77.jpg

Did you have that Caddy at Hershey in 2019? We saw an identical car parked in the lot if the Italian Restaurant one night

• 6 months later...

Question about the brass windshield support rods on the 1913 Model T.   Did they come stock in 1913 or as a accessory.

We bought a 13 and took them off because we thought they were earlier T equipment.   Love the maroon color!

Our 15 was red because Henry told the dealers "to paint them any color the buyer wanted, just sell them a car", suggested

price for paint job was $15.00.   My thought was if I could find $440 in 1915 for a new car, I Icould find or borrow another $15.00

for a red one.

On 7/3/2021 at 12:05 PM, Paul Dobbin said:

Question about the brass windshield support rods on the 1913 Model T.   Did they come stock in 1913 or as a accessory.

We bought a 13 and took them off because we thought they were earlier T equipment.   Love the maroon color!

Our 15 was red because Henry told the dealers "to paint them any color the buyer wanted, just sell them a car", suggested

price for paint job was $15.00.   My thought was if I could find $440 in 1915 for a new car, I Icould find or borrow another $15.00

for a red one.

This T is a 1912 with the Fore Doors. Those Brass support rods are supposed to be on this one. 

23 hours ago, Brass is Best said:

This T is a 1912 with the Fore Doors. Those Brass support rods are supposed to be on this one. 

The square corners on the front doors thru me off.  I thought that was 1913 only.