Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

18 hours ago, Walt G said:

Briggs Body company photo to show accommodation of suit cases at Briggs factory for sedan in 1935. Original photo mounted on linen and was bound in an album of hundreds of photos of their work from the late 1920s to late 1930s.

Until I can somehow add to the photos I submit that they are from my collection this will be the last one i will have for a while - the Murphy body advertisement that was copied and posted here that was my original contribution has soured me on contributing further with out any tiny credit to where it came from so the copy and paste will not happen again.

BRIGGStrunk1938.jpg

Love those old old Briggs and Budd factory photos...

Here's a couple from the Budd plant.

The stages of working the body (especially on roadsters) has always been one of my favorite topics. These photos leave me with a sense of gratitude to the photographer and to the workers. From the lead loading, sanding and filing, to the wood floors in the factory and the various carts they used while they captured that moment in time that would otherwise have been lost. 

Truly a glimpse into the workmanship that shaped the look of the era, and in my opinion, the greatest era of automotive history (1928-32)....

Nov 26 1928 450 01.jpg

Nov 26 1928 451 01.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

The stages of working the body (especially on roadsters) has always been one of my favorite topics. These photos leave me with a sense of gratitude to the photographer and to the workers. From the lead loading, sanding and filing, to the wood floors in the factory and the various carts they used while they captured that moment in time that would otherwise have been lost. 

Truly a glimpse into the workmanship that shaped the look of the era, and in my opinion, the greatest era of automotive history (1928-32)....

Nov 26 1928 450 01.jpg

Nov 26 1928 451 01.jpg

You can’t beat seeing automobile bodies in the white. Raw material to formed product factories are the real story. The automobiles are just the residual effect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Nov 26 1928 450 01.jpg

Nov 26 1928 451 01.jpg

Dodge DA roaster ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alsancle said:

This photo was supposedly taken in 1935.  I thought it was  a White steam car but just realized it has a hand crank.  Any thoughts?

Picture 1 of 1

White also made cars with internal combustion engines.             John

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Always wished this photo had a better quality

Unknown%252520with%252520B%252520hubcap.jpg

This photo has appeared sporadically over the years. There has been suggestion it is possibly a Berliet but I am not sure. A big, impressive, car whatever it is. 

The Aloc was based on the Berliet and I wonder if there is a connection to the Alco Bête Noir, but I notice that the Bête Nori has six front hub bolts and this car only five.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alsancle said:

AC-37 Packard.jpg

This 1912 Reo and several other cars were owned by the Gillies family in Ontario Canada. There are several photos of the Reo, a few with a model T or two, and a couple along with a Packard. Several of the photos seem to be floating all over the internet. I have run into them on several websites.

A few years ago, on another forum, a member in Canada shared some of the family's history. 

Since I recognized the car, and knew I had the family's name in some notes, I thought they should be remembered.

GilliesfamilyPackardnReo.jpg

GilliesfamilyReo1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

If somebody wants to spend 900.00 there is a great photo album on ebay right now.   I messaged the seller and told him to watermark them before they get copied all over the internet. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-Photo-Album-1920s-ROADSTERS-Racing-in-LA-Ascot-Ford-Bugatti-Chevy-Rolls-/334901000676

Picture 13 of 24

Picture 1 of 24

Sold when I looked. Really great period to have been in California. Golden era in American performance in what was the Golden State.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alsancle said:

If somebody wants to spend 900.00 there is a great photo album on ebay right now.   I messaged the seller and told him to watermark them before they get copied all over the internet. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-Photo-Album-1920s-ROADSTERS-Racing-in-LA-Ascot-Ford-Bugatti-Chevy-Rolls-/334901000676

Picture 13 of 24

Picture 1 of 24

Car in the top photo looks like a Dodge Brothers.

20 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

A better look at that White steam touring.

'10's White steam touring.jpg

It is not a White at all!  Beside the crank the radiator has flat top  the White was a compound curve, also White stream cars did not have lovers in hood sides. Could be a Thomas?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1