49 Roadmaster sedanette on Ebay

billbuickgs

I saved a couple pictures of it to my "sunk in" folder. What would it take to drag the car a few feet before taking the picture.

Most of the sunk in folder is Craigslist stuff. And I had to decide on a focus for that. The pictures taken in the dark, the cars with trash or engine parts on the seat would have just been too much.

I also limit my search to cars over $500. I quit looking at anything listed for $1, $10, $20, or any multiple of ten fraction. Those sellers are too witty for me.

The Roadmaster is listed on Ebay, reserve not met. I have a good idea how that story ends. Ebay used to list completed, unsold sales in red. They quit doing that. The pages looked like they were hemorrhaging.

Fun to look at.

• Like 1

Got it! Guess I'll be headed to Tomball, Texas soon with my trailer. Will decide whether to restore it or part it out once I have crawled all over it. Anyone have a lead on that missing back glass? My guess is that will be the toughest part to find.

Anyone have a lead on a 1948 or newer 320 engine that's not too far from N. Texas????

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Pete Phillips said:

Got it! Guess I'll be headed to Tomball, Texas soon with my trailer. Will decide whether to restore it or part it out once I have crawled all over it. Anyone have a lead on that missing back glass? My guess is that will be the toughest part to find.

Anyone have a lead on a 1948 or newer 320 engine that's not too far from N. Texas????

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Awesome!  If body is as good as looks, I couldn't bring myself to part it out.  Congrats!  Can't wait to hear what your feedback is on it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pete Phillips said:

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Congratulations!  Not sure if you has anyone look at it but there is a transmission in the trunk, rubber coated gas tank and repainted (rebuilt) radiator in the engine compartment.  Floor boards seem solid from eye-balling them. 

I need a trunk lid and right rear fender for my 76S if you decide to part it out.  Rear glass is on eBay occasionally.  I know the windshield glass is available.  No line on an engine.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 7:36 PM, Pete Phillips said:

Dan O, thanks for that information--was not aware of the extra goodies you mentioned. Makes it more worthwhile to restore rather than part out.

Pete

I hope all the extras are there when you pick it up. I sure like those fastbacks..

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 11:55 AM, Pete Phillips said:

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Have you found an engine ,if not I may have one for you