Find the Buick

Elpad

60EFAC71-FABA-43A7-9AB7-004DB97F2C74.jpegThese are the Cuban “Carnavales” the equivalent of a Mardi-grass festivities held every year lasting about a month. They were held in every major city on the island. This particular one was in Havana on the “Paseo del Malecón” (Highway name). You can see the Morro Castle, the Spanish Fort by the Havana Harbor entrance. 

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, neil morse said:

58Pontiac.jpg.d45133eb9368807af1f2efc5e3fb0721.jpg

Aside from the obvious Buick Special 2-door hardtop in front of the Studebaker sedan noted beyond the hood of the brand new 1958 Pontiac Bonnieville sporting a temporary tag in the rear window,

as one searches the photo's far center left, a 1958 Buick 2-door hardtop is noted facing the "wrong" way and partly up on the curb

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Pilgrim65 said:

In your dreams Lamar , mine too 😀

Used to see that quite often on Commonwealth Ave. Boston during the mid sixties whilst I was driving a company delivery van as a high school summer job...was against company the rules to pick anyone up whilst I was delivering medical supplies throughout Boston hospitals.

(Mr. Earl...I was able to "whilst" twice in my reply!!).

Edited by dship (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, neil morse said:

bargain.jpg.c3f4e018f73b710ddc90ef31b7c450c1.jpg

Sweet !

At least a 3-fer

Black '56 Special sedan is obvious,

but 4th car to it's right is a '53,

then if you look over the right rear of the '55 Chevy wagon  2nd car to the left of the '56,

there appears to be maybe a '50 Special 4-door

• Like 1

I see two Buicks - a 54 in white and black and a darker 50 or 51... 

The brown jug on the sidewalk is payment for the paint job - which seems to be behind schedule. 

As for the masking job, "Hey, man, Dad wanted to read the funnies!"

• Haha 3

Looks like they may be trying to clone their ride to look like a Local LEO (Law Enforce Officer) vehicle.  Shenanigans are in their future.  In college, I drove a 1963 Dodge 330,  dark blue, 2 door sedan. Used to be a State Trooper car.  Easily recognizable by the canted  front headlights.  I was going to Hutchinson Jr College  and my girlfriend was going to KU in Lawrence.  The Dodge ruled US 81 and Interstate 70. I would pull up behind someone and they would drop their speed by at least 10 mph.  Cop tires, cop shocks, a full tank is gas, but I wasn't  wearing sunglasses.  You get the idea.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/30/2020 at 10:14 PM, neil morse said:

philly6.thumb.jpg.1e5e2dd29a2c077ec0dc167309fc371e.jpg

Wow !!

Two in the first row,

none in the second row, 

One headed toward the right (white /black roof), and possible a '41 Limited ahead and to the left of it?

A '46? and a '52 in the 3rd row,

2nd from right in 5th row

then my eyes crossed and I headed to the kitchen for a stiff cuppa' coffee and chickory-

Thanks, Neil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

Two in the first row,

none in the second row, 

One headed toward the right (white /black roof), and possible a '41 Limited ahead and to the left of it?

A '46? and a '52 in the 3rd row,

2nd from right in 5th row

then my eyes crossed and I headed to the kitchen for a stiff cuppa' coffee and chickory

@Marty Roth Yeah, the resolution isn't too great in this shot if you try to blow it up, definitely eye-crossing material.

I only see one Buick in the first row (all the way over on the left with the white top), but I'm pretty sure there's one in the second row right below the white/black one you mention that's heading to the right.  What do you think?  The possible Limited doesn't look quite right to me -- it seems to have a MoPar look in the hind quarters.

I think I see the '52 in the third row (the last car to the left in the center rank with the white top?), and wonder if that's the '46 three cars to the right, next to an Olds?  Very hard to see back there.  However, I agree that the 2nd from the right in the fifth row has a definite Buick look around the mouth, and is that a Nash next to it?

How about that two tone three-window coupe coming around the corner in the foreground?  Gotta be a Zephyr, don't you think?  But I don't think that's a factory paint scheme.  Also, it looks a little stubby, but I think that's a distortion in the photo.  

8 minutes ago, neil morse said:

@Marty Roth Yeah, the resolution isn't too great in this shot if you try to blow it up, definitely eye-crossing material.

I only see one Buick in the first row (all the way over on the left with the white top), but I'm pretty sure there's one in the second row right below the white/black one you mention that's heading to the right.  What do you think?  The possible Limited doesn't look quite right to me -- it seems to have a MoPar look in the hind quarters.

I think I see the '52 in the third row (the last car to the left in the center rank with the white top?), and wonder if that's the '46 three cars to the right, next to an Olds?  Very hard to see back there.  However, I agree that the 2nd from the right in the fifth row has a definite Buick look around the mouth, and is that a Nash next to it?

How about that two tone three-window coupe coming around the corner in the foreground?  Gotta be a Zephyr, don't you think?  But I don't think that's a factory paint scheme.  Also, it looks a little stubby, but I think that's a distortion in the photo.  

Neil,

Yes, the 3rd from the right in the 2nd row (left of the '48? Studebaker) looks like a '46-'48

Not positive per the '41 Limited facing right ahead of the white/black-

per 1st row, look at 3rd from the left, next to bullet-nosed Studebaker - could be a post-war Buick based on the grille?

I agree per the Zephyr/Lincoln coupe

and yes, the car in the 5th row next to the Buick may be a '46-48 Nash

Time for cafe'-au-Lait,

or maybe even an adult beverage

• Like 1

6 hours ago, neil morse said:

pismo.thumb.jpg.bf2e6f563ef4efd79537eba1d8f2c09f.jpg

Almost missed the black '47/'48 (3rd on right) parked at "Pismo Malt Shop"'-

Wonder what the tab would be for their Clam Chowder and the Chops??

2 minutes ago, Marty Roth said:

Almost missed the black '47/'48 (3rd on right) parked at "Pismo Malt Shop"'-

Wonder what the tab would be for their Clam Chowder and the Chops??

Does that say "chops" or "chips?'  I can't quite make it out.  I thought it might be the second half of "Fish and Chips."

Marty, what do you make of the third car back on the left, right behind the Chevy that is very badly parked?  DeSoto Suburban, with the same great roof rack that was featured on the Chrysler Town and Country sedan?  It doesn't quite look long enough to be a Suburban, but that may be a distortion in the photo.

Also, what is the car six cars back on the left, with the fully skirted rear fenders?  I was thinking '48 Packard, but something doesn't quite look right about it.