Elpad

Find the Buick

Recommended Posts

On 1/2/2020 at 2:58 AM, Elpad said:

57C8A3E8-39F5-473B-9F80-9B6DF28700BB.jpeg

 

Junior"CONEHEAD" from SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 50jetback said:

1936-PM0123.jpg

 

Anyone like to have a guess at the location this photo was taken - look closely at which side of the bikes the sidecars are mounted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Petrie Terrace Depot, Queensland, 1936.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RivNut said:

Petrie Terrace Depot, Queensland, 1936.

 

Ed, I'm impressed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, not bad for a Kansas farm boy who's never been "down under." 😎

Ah! The powers of  being able to do research and not just ask the other guy (which I think we see a lot of on this forum.)  Tried hard to instill thinking outside the box to my students.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 4:23 PM, 50jetback said:

 

Anyone like to have a guess at the location this photo was taken - look closely at which side of the bikes the sidecars are mounted!

 

Assuming that the negative is not reversed, then the 1934-1935 Buick is Right-Hand-Drive, and also appears to be a Formal Sedan or Limo,

so my guess would be either the UK, or Australia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 10:12 AM, Marty Roth said:

 

Assuming that the negative is not reversed, then the 1934-1935 Buick is Right-Hand-Drive, and also appears to be a Formal Sedan or Limo,

so my guess would be either the UK, or Australia

 

Ed RANER came up with the exact location and year in warp speed so the prize has already been won!!

 

The sedans are 40 Series with Australian built Holden bodies. The Holden bodies were more luxurious than their North American counterparts with things like twin sidemounts and leather interior being standard.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a few 

like the convertible coming at you two cars from the traffic cop close to either a 53 or 54 going  in the opposite direction 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I count five, but there are a few I'm uncertain about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Early Pull a Part 

 

D69FC4FE-3978-4B6D-A9AF-A97775CAD0EE.thumb.jpeg.619b185f0035472522df965cf38a162e.jpeg

 

6F24B511-A76A-4D03-8ED7-E519C05F0448.thumb.jpeg.6e08eee00485547dfd71c69bae832fba.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

Early Pull a Part 

 

D69FC4FE-3978-4B6D-A9AF-A97775CAD0EE.thumb.jpeg.619b185f0035472522df965cf38a162e.jpeg

 

6F24B511-A76A-4D03-8ED7-E519C05F0448.thumb.jpeg.6e08eee00485547dfd71c69bae832fba.jpeg

53 Buick conv upper picture bottom left corner. I'll TAKE IT !!!

Bill

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billbuickgs said:

53 Buick conv upper picture bottom left corner. I'll TAKE IT !!!

Bill

 
“So no complete cars, parts only” 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now