Find the Buick

Elpad

1 hour ago, neil morse said:

That's the only Buick I could see.  I love the elegant '57 Mercury Colony Park wagon with the little boy hanging out the window.  Not something you would see today!

I like the 58 Chevy ragtop, man that is a nice picture of a busy downtown? any city USA. Jus look at the people, you can even mimic their walking stride, the thinking lady by the mailbox, the lady walking the poodle next to her, the men, their hats...you can almost quantum leap into that scene....I believe those were really the "happy Days"!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elpad said:

I spy a 53

Hennis Freight Line was started in 1934, in Mt. Airy,N.C. The company was sold by its original owners. In 1947, the new owner moved corporate headquarters to Winston-Salem,N.C. Hennis grew quickly, and became one of the largest LTL carriers.

c345505cab00d85a07dc80b848f46575.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dship said:

Had a brother one year and six days younger than me.  Use to hate it when my mother would dress us alike!

Not as bad as Christmas when Grandma would make matching (ugly) shirts for al the boy cousins on the Raner side. That would be seven of us.  We'd put them on, go to Grandma's house for Christmas and have our picture taken together. Then we'd neve wear them again. But Grandma would add the new picture to all the pictures from the previous Christmases so there was a yearly trail of reminders every time we went over there.   Mom used to make a lot of shirts for me, but not for my brother; he just got my hand-me-downs 😁. So we never had matching ones ('cept for Grandma's, which we didn't have to wear.)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RivNut said:

Not as bad as Christmas when Grandma would make matching (ugly) shirts for al the boy cousins on the Raner side. That would be seven of us.  We'd put them on, go to Grandma's house for Christmas and have our picture taken together. Then we'd neve wear them again. But Grandma would add the new picture to all the pictures from the previous Christmases so there was a yearly trail of reminders every time we went over there.   Mom used to make a lot of shirts for me, but not for my brother; he just got my hand-me-downs 😁. So we never had matching ones ('cept for Grandma's, which we didn't have to wear.)

1- Get one of those pictures from Grandma collection.

2- Do a photo montage or collage with your Buicks background. 
3- Post on “Holiday Buicks” thread on this forum.

That will be neat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elpad said:

1- Get one of those pictures from Grandma collection.

2- Do a photo montage or collage with your Buicks background. 
3- Post on “Holiday Buicks” thread on this forum.

That will be neat.

The pictures are "God only knows where."  The shirts are right beside the pictures.  My prayers were answered early.  I do have other items of Grandma's that are more dear to me so she is not forgotten.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 3:24 PM, neil morse said:

While we're looking at drive-ins ...

stlouis1.thumb.jpg.8647a78de7915364af9cc415a7798641.jpg

stlouis2.jpg.b1c1270543e9bbdb770424c2d9f60c07.jpg

stlouis3.jpg.be67c913a7c30cff905ca4434f5464a0.jpg

Pavement marked by spinning skinny underinflated  bias-ply tires.  I found that 29 psi would make a uniform dark black mark :rolleyes:.

And either someone got lucky and got both spinning or had a locking differential.

• Like 1