Elpad

Find the Buick

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Elpad said:

F5112367-92E8-4C6D-9830-2D482C25A85A.jpeg

 

Sweet shot -

"54 sedan and '56 Riviera on the right,

and the '57 is the 3rd on the right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 11:44 PM, neil morse said:

NM1.thumb.jpg.260a8e9d52d361f769700859db7d2b7c.jpg

 

at the Barber Shop/Showers sign

7th car on left, a 2-tone '47/'48?

Driving toward us behind nash is a '47/'48 

and next to it, driving away may be a '39?

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marty Roth said:

at the Barber Shop/Showers sign

7th car on left, a 2-tone '47/'48?

Driving toward us behind nash is a '47/'48 

and next to it, driving away may be a '39?

 

Good eye on that 2-tone on the left!  I agree with what you have said, but how about the tell-tale rear fender spears on the car parked on the left just ahead of the '47/'48 that you mention?  Could it be a '41 Special or Century Sedanette?  Also, the 2-tone scheme on the car driving away under the Malco sign has a very Buick-ish look to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, neil morse said:

 

Good eye on that 2-tone on the left!  I agree with what you have said, but how about the tell-tale rear fender spears on the car parked on the left just ahead of the '47/'48 that you mention?  Could it be a '41 Special or Century Sedanette?  Also, the 2-tone scheme on the car driving away under the Malco sign has a very Buick-ish look to it.

 

The one I called a '39, next to the '47/'48 is the same one you note as Buick-ish under the Malco sign.

 

I had stared and stared at the one which looks like fender spears on the left, but enlargement makes it look almost solid - probably is a '41 Sedanette, but I wasn't sure enough to call it - good catch, Neil !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Elpad said:

5A91BAE2-F4AA-45EE-B376-6083D18D6585.jpeg

 

That blue roof over the creamy yellow'54 is so very mid-1950s Buick - 

The pilot of the United flight (registration # N37552) is smacking the Co-Pilot on his left arm, telling him to get the wheels up and over the power lines, and waving to his wife in the Buick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Elpad said:

E7B94262-3F93-4300-8A6D-2CCDA9FD44FC.jpeg

 

The stylish young lady asking to be noticed in the '57 Mercury convertible is telling her boyfriend she wants one just like the 1960 LeSabre convertible in the right lane (seems identical to the one I should have bought from my friend Alan Sacks when he moved from New Orleans to Scarsdale)

 

Behind the '60 in the right lane - 3rd one back is a '55 Buick, and maybe a white with dark roof way back in that lane 2nd car behind the '58 Cadillac (maybe even another '55 between them.

Another '55 3rd car behind the  Mercury convertible.

Yet another '55 Buick in the left-most lane just ahead of the Ford pickup,

and a 1958 Buick going the other way, glad he's not in that traffic !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

 

The stylish young lady asking to be noticed in the '57 Mercury convertible is telling her boyfriend she wants one just like the 1960 LeSabre convertible in the right lane (seems identical to the one I should have bought from my friend Alan Sacks when he moved from New Orleans to Scarsdale)

 

Behind the '60 in the right lane - 3rd one back is a '55 Buick, and maybe a white with dark roof way back in that lane 2nd car behind the '58 Cadillac (maybe even another '55 between them.

Another '55 3rd car behind the  Mercury convertible.

Yet another '55 Buick in the left-most lane just ahead of the Ford pickup,

and a 1958 Buick going the other way, glad he's not in that traffic !

Like the captions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good ol Kodachrome 
 

8ACFC824-0BA2-4481-86ED-9E5FDAF2D45C.thumb.jpeg.8435ca0c23b29b7d5626bd7c269b3d20.jpeg

 

 

54F26311-2B53-48CC-8597-5FF3116FA7FA.thumb.jpeg.7f0150f0e3758ad4a3e0f91f52edc84a.jpeg

 

 

 

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


“James, slow down so I can take a look at those two Buicks! “
 

EE8CFAF4-4B97-429C-A152-F13B7F40EFC4.thumb.jpeg.f1f161664922bd147bd7e755a4176ecd.jpeg

 

 

 

B71A9AC0-D8F5-4C68-A18D-BACEF53B89B0.thumb.jpeg.8ff80878a6322c430a2df627d421ffcb.jpeg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrEarl said:

good ol Kodachrome 
 

8ACFC824-0BA2-4481-86ED-9E5FDAF2D45C.thumb.jpeg.8435ca0c23b29b7d5626bd7c269b3d20.jpeg

 

 

54F26311-2B53-48CC-8597-5FF3116FA7FA.thumb.jpeg.7f0150f0e3758ad4a3e0f91f52edc84a.jpeg

 

 

 

I recognize that airport but has changed a bit

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now