Buick pictures you may or may not like

Elpad

On 1/27/2020 at 1:57 PM, kgreen said:

I've never seen fender skirts on the 50's era Buicks, but I have seen convertibles driven in the snow.

1187684067_1920-4January151965.thumb.jpg.a7e1822c9eefb220a2ff118970eaf7de.jpg

What fantastic Victorian Gothic architecture!  Do you know where that photo was taken, Ken?

On 1/25/2020 at 7:12 AM, EmTee said:

...and what the heck is this?

CE535A5D-B14C-4C59-B973-1E3271C89939.jpe

It looks like a '56, but what's with the quad headlamps?  :huh:

This reminds me of a scene from the movie  The House of the Spirits   There is a hearse entering a cemetery in Chile.   Sometime in the late 50s.  The hearse has a grille and general shape like a 53 Buick but with quad headlights.  Made me wonder if some of the overseas Buick plants carried over older styling with minor updates.  

7 hours ago, 5219 said:

J.C. Whitney used to sell the conversion kits to "upgrade" to dual headlights.

Maybe so, but that picture looks like the fenders are wider to accept the wider headlight doors.  The license plate looks like it's somewhere outside the USA, so I wonder whether this was a Buick built specifically for export to a country where the single low/high sealed beam might not have met the local lighting specifications...

RD-Classics-2830-1956_Buick_Roadmaster_H

Edited by EmTee (see edit history)

Comparing photos of the blue and red cars, it does appear that the quad-headlight car has widened fenders , as well as a narrowed hood.

Look at the hood-fender line as t where it meets the grille, as well as where it ends with relation to the ornament within the grille-

Of course my comment could just be a result angular perspective since the widened car is viewed from the L/F corner and the blue car is a head-on view.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Elpad said:

Like the car... but the color?

32EE6656-12CA-43AF-9E5B-2A0CF5F483B0.jpeg

Olds 3-bar spinners,

but what is the saying in the quotes on the quarter panel?

Edited by Marty Roth
typo - spelling (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Before choosing an unconventional color scheme, folks might want to spend a little time on Photoshop to get an idea of what it will look like.  Then take some time to ruminate, and ponder whether it's still a good idea.

Because (if it were for sale) this would be a classic example of buyer and seller seeing things from a different angle.  The seller thinks it's worth more because of the sparkling new finish.  The average buyer looks at it and factors a complete repaint into his offer. 

• Like 3

On 6/7/2020 at 9:56 PM, KongaMan said:

Before choosing an unconventional color scheme, folks might want to spend a little time on Photoshop to get an idea of what it will look like.  Then take some time to ruminate, and ponder whether it's still a good idea.

OK, so what's your point...?

latest?cb=20180114053857

• Like 1