Elpad

Buick pictures you may or may not like

3 minutes ago, wndsofchng06 said:

Wth is this

Something to do with horse racing but I don’t get it! And ruining this car. Someone please explain

53 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Found this.

Richelieu-Park-Buick-Gate-640.jpg.462cd63bbb9d2a4e0350ec794f0fef5b.jpg

That explains it but still odd and puzzle how the car gets away from them horses with that weight. Buick must be an sponsor with those different model years

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Elpad said:

That explains it but still odd and puzzle how the car gets away from them horses with that weight. Buick must be an sponsor with those different model years

The car is much faster and the gates are not that heavy. The gates are pulled in along the sides of the car as it pulls away and moves to the right. The horses with their harnesses move to the pole.  You have to remember that harness racing is only for trotters.  You can probably find a video on YouTube. 

8 minutes ago, RivNut said:

The car is much faster and the gates are not that heavy. The gates are pulled in along the sides of the car as it pulls away and moves to the right. The horses with their harnesses move to the pole.  You have to remember that harness racing is only for trotters.  You can probably find a video on YouTube. 

Trotters & pacers !  They do a mile in about 2 minutes, so 30MPH.  At the start the car/pick up pulls ahead and the gates are closed, usually by hydraulics.  Then pulls off the track after a few furlongs

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, RivNut said:

With that center of gravity, I'm betting this "race car" ( that's What the numbers are for, right?) Really corners well. 

What I got out of it is that it looks like 28", as in it had 28" wheels on it at some time .

Cal.

36 minutes ago, Elpad said:

E015C289-ADE2-4A18-BAAE-1C9E65CAF0E6.jpeg

Looks like it’s been driven through Jurassic park and had a bit of a confrontation with T. rex ?

11 minutes ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Looks like it’s been driven through Jurassic park and had a bit of a confrontation with T. rex ?

I guess the air bag didn't go off because the front bumper looks intact !

Check out the crumple zone on the fender , and the windshield is intact !

Bill

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Sad photos , like fallen once proud magnificent beasts 

The first photo is a 53 (not sure of series  ) but it has a 51 - 52 white hood .

You can tell by the hood emblem , 53 would be longer and not as high .

Just useless info LOL

Bill

7 minutes ago, billbuickgs said:

The first photo is a 53 (not sure of series  ) but it has a 51 - 52 white hood .

You can tell by the hood emblem , 53 would be longer and not as high .

Just useless info LOL

Bill

Still lots of good parts left

• Like 1

6AE70634-B80E-4420-922E-409E49C3AE92.jpeg

Looks like it could be a camouflaged entrance into some kind of underground bunker. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, RivNut said:

1976-Buick-Free-Spirit-decals-Pace.thumb.jpg.71ff9cfc0a262929a20bb661efb68576.jpg

Near Birmingham, Alabama, according to the article on the site (http://www.junkyardlife.com/2012/08/cars-in-yards-1976-buick-century-free.html).  It’s not one of mine...not sure if that is a good or bad thing, although I am running out of space to store them under a roof.  That said, I have three of these in similar shape.  Yes, it’s a disease.

• Like 1