Favorite Pictures of My Post War Buick

MrEarl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

My '56 Century is still a work in progress. Here are some different stages of the restoration. If you look closely you can see my garage changed. I ended up moving right at the time when i had the body off and no suspension attached to the frame. So i got nice and intimate in moving each and every part from my old house to my new house a few boxes at a time! :)

But after a brief hiatus doing a house renovation and having some kids, I'm back at it, making progress again, and full of optimism.

Buick.jpg.a25723cc5ba1ca32443b3f3aecb4db2e.jpgPicture4.png.19cce26cc6096bb7dee91679261287b7.pngPicture5.png.43eee2eb8e0cb86828dcdbffc57a4334.pngPicture6.png.947d260a4d42ccd6394861c8177ad580.png

Edited by Bgs
Corrected typo (see edit history)
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just bought this 1955 series 48 from an old friend that needed some cash, he and I bought this car exactly 25 years ago in Okmulgee Oklahoma, I drove it back home, loved it ever since, always told him I was first out if he ever sold it, he finally called two weeks ago after I just sold a diesel dodge.

It's rust free, very decent original interior except for the seat tops split, every side panel has dents and scrapes, it just has that dry look of spending years in a garage but someone was exceptionally bad at parking or was drunk every time they drove it. Looks like some original paint, Temple Grey and black but it's definitely had some areas sprayed many years ago, drivers fender replaced then it too was hit by something at some point. The 264 was tired about 15 years ago, a buddy had a 322 so that was installed, leaky dynaflow but it works. My friend drove this regularly doing small projects, brakes, headliner, shocks redone, odds and ends until parking it 8 years ago,  then it sat in his garage since then, never started or moved the entire time. It's too beat up to be slick, just don't have the time, money or facility for bodywork so it'll be a beater on the outside, mechanically sound on a budget underneath, I drive my old cars very often, almost everyday in the summer and fall so the plan is to get it on the road in a reasonably dependable manner

IMG_1802.jpg

59538297328__B3A4A4E3-1059-493A-9A32-E624B897AD29.JPG

IMG_1799.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...