Pre War Division or Group Discussion

Larry Schramm

I understand that it is free but I guess I don't quite understand what benefit there is for me to be a member of the Pre-War Division. The only thing that I see that I would get is my name on a roster but nothing else. I am already a BCA member. I own a 1937 Buick. Pre-War Division membership is not required to participate in the Discussion Forum. As I understand it, any BCA member can participate in the Pre War Division Tours. 

What benefit is there for me to be a member of the Pre-War Divsion?

Mark, I might be interested in seeing some of the old Pre-War Division newsletters but I don't think I really want to join a group and then immediately take over resurrecting a newsletter. I am already an AACA Discussion Forum Moderator. I am a moderator on the AACA Antique Automobile Club facebook group. I am the editor of the AACA's Rummage Box Newsletter. I am the Editor of the Torque Tube II for the 36-38 Buick Club. I am the webmaster for the 36-38 Buick Club.

I am begining to think that I might need to start tellling people no more often... :)

Stuart, Thank You!! The story of the '28 is marvelous. Makes me want to come see it!

Ben

Ben - you know your welcome down here anytime.

Stuart:

Thanks for your input. The E-Magazine if fabulous !!

Thanks for posting it.

Previous issues can be found on this link 

http://buickcarclubaustralia.com/aussie-pre-war-buicks/

There are no fees or membership requirements and if wishing to get onto the circulation list for future editions  just send your email address to the editor

Edited by 50jetback (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Imperial62,

I said "Judging category parking is not needed until judging day. & The various divisions and sub-groups should be allowed (if not encouraged) to park together until just before judging day."  This would allow the meet committee to designate areas to encourage the various sub-groups to park all together.  Prewar, modified & 400 point judged cars could park all together as a prewar sub group or chronologically as the members see fit.  This could apply to any sub-group, not just the PWD.

You said: "the BCA is not blocking all together parking."  and that "They allow it for 4 days or so then ask that only 400 point judged cars be on the show field."

As far as  I know, all parking arrangements are still entirely up to the whims of chief judge and the meet chairman each year.  The BOD has repeatedly refused to take action on any proposal to change this. That is why I asked you to please show me where the BOD made this change official.

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Good Lord, the longer this goes on the worse it gets.  Mr. Imperial, in my humble opinion your are truly something else.  The first statement I made in regard to your posting was to ask you why you come on here and stir up crap when the issue at the forefront really doesn't have any concern with you at all.  I am even hesitant to respond on here because of the very nature of the direction this discussion is going in a large part due to your remarks.  First of all, I, or no one else on here called you stupid or ignorant.  Do not try and put those words in my mouth.  What my father related to me many times over the course of growing up is what is called a truism.  It can apply to everybody at some point in their life.  Stupidity happens when a person knows better but goes ahead and does the opposite thing anyway.  There endeth the lesson.  You mentioned that us pre-war folks want to park together 100% of the time instead of 95% of the time.at a national meet.  Well Hello!!!  When did the light bulb finally get turned on for you?  This is what the pre-war and archival vehicle owners have been trying to get through people's heads for a long time.  Let me say this twice - this what we want.  Again, this is what we want.  It is only good common sense to leave the vehicles in place on judging day.  I am sick to death of hearing how hard it is for the judges to judge the vehicles on the show field when archival (original) vehicles are interspersed throughout the show field.  If the judging team that looks at archival vehicles has 14 vehicles to look at then having them scattered on the field is not going to increase the number past the 14.  The Good Lord gave us two feet to use - use them and get over it!  If the vehicles were parked in chronological order the job becomes that much more simple.  The big benefit of arranging the show field in this manner is that the judging teams would get to see all of the cars during the time that they are doing their thing.  The powers that be that are insisting that things have to be switched around for the convenience of a few judges are taking the fun away from a meet, disrupting friendships and educational discussions, and making a mess out of an otherwise pleasant event. I, and a few other PWD folks who post on here are tired of being labeled as disruptive, argumentative, unfriendly, and/or unsociable.  The way I see this situation is that there are a few in this organization who are so focused on forcing their wants and ways on everybody else that nothing else matters.  These few have no respect for others feelings or interests and this is going to have to stop or we will end up with no club at all to bicker about.  This is where that truism that I mentioned earlier comes into play.  A person can educate themselves or they can go the other route.  I have had one member of the BOD contact me at my request and we had a great discussion on everything from soup to nuts.  We both came away from the discussion feeling like we understand each other better and that each of us had made a new friend.  To say that the discussion was an eye-opener would be a huge understatement.  That is about all that I have to say about things at this point.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Like 2

I will say again that if you want to see what is considered a premier show is to go to The Henry Ford/ Greenfield Village car shows. 

They are parked in order of year except for the commercial vehicles or marquis vehicle for the show.

The shows are the Motor Muster on Fathers Day weekend and the Old Car Festival the first weekend after Labor Day.

The shows are so popular that they have had to go to invitation only as they have over 1,000 entrants.  Maybe the BOD could learn something if they saw how these shows operate and draw in a large public in attendance.

Motor Muster Link:     https://www.thehenryford.org/current-events/calendar/motor-muster/

Old Car Festival Link:   https://www.thehenryford.org/current-events/calendar/old-car-festival

And the Old Car Festival is billed as the longest running car show.

• Like 1

(Did I read that right?  People want "all together parking" so they don't have to walk to where their friends are parked, but it's fine for the judges to have to walk over the show field to find the cars they are supposed to judge?  That doing this allows the judges to see the show cars they might not otherwise be able to see during their judging activities???)

(Labelling??? What motivates that?)  (Whom is forcing whom to do what??  And WHY??)  ("Whims" of the Chief Judge and other meet officials??)  (Respect for others' feelings??)

(Would the PWD desire their own area in which to park?  As their own, unique "class", with judged cars having a "unique designating emblem" on them?)

I fully understand the social aspect of a car show event.  That friends want to be near friends and all that, but does that mean those of that orientation are averse to making new friends of people with vehicles in other classes?  Or might it be that physical conditioning is not what it used to be?  Fine for others to walk, but not them?

I look at ambiguity as a "new adventure" rather than something to be feared or not liked.  Yet it is an observation that as we age, we do desire more consistency in our lives . . . nothing wrong with that, as I'll be quick to agree with.  I also tend to lose interest if things are always the same, even if improvements or enhancements can be easily made or orchestrated.

But if free-style parking is allowed at all times except during the 400 Point Judging, then who's going to be in charge of moving that particular vehicle whose owner is nowhere to be found to be asked to move it so the 400 Point judged vehicles can be parked as desired?  Who's going to deal with that owner who parked their car where THEY wanted to park and refuses to move it as it's that special spot THEY like??  These are all "head aches" for the hosts and meet officials AND might even motivate BCA chapters to NOT desire host BCA National Meets in the future.  Meet participants who desire to "bend the rules" to their desires and likings, possibly?

IF I were to be in charge of a BCA National Meet, the designated class parking would be laid out well before the judging starts, requesting show cars be parked in specific spaces (for the duration of the meet, not just on show day).  Judged entries/other show participant vehicles would have to be registered 30 days prior to the meet.  Show day entries allowed would go to the "display area" only.  "Every thing with a place and everything IN its place".  Car show vehicle owners would also receive a map so they'd know where they were to park . . . just like getting a map of where your swap meet spaces are located.  To me, having a show field that looks organized and professional is just as important as having great looking cars parked on the show field.  Think of it in the same manner as having school children dress in uniforms.

With all due respect,

NTX5467

• Like 2

Never been to a BCA National Meet with free-style parking as you suggest NTX.  Agree, the Judges would have a difficult task finding cars if it was free style. 

That is why the suggested 'all together parking' would be by model year.  Judges judge in teams and for specific judged classes, which are model year based.  I see no issue with finding a car to be judged, which has a specific color card already for judged cars, within a grouping of similar model year vehicles.  Why, having an original, unrestored un-judged car or cars present might prove to be very helpful to the judges as a reference as they discuss and judge a judged vehicle. 

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all Buicks and BCA Members are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Have Fun, Make Friends, Enjoy Buicks.

Edited by Brian_Heil (see edit history)
  • Like 4

I have judged at the last 4 Nationals and 3 with the Pre-War groups. At Concord I was moved to judge full size early 60s cars. I must admit I wanted to judge purely so I could get a better look at and learn more about the early cars that I love. Also to learn what others have done to preserve and restore them. As great a time as I had at South Bend with all my Buick Buddies, I missed  some of the early cars on Saturday because of them being off to left field..

I missed the memo about moving my, Blue Card "Not to Be Judged"1937 from the lineup. So I was guilty as charged.  At Portland the early cars (not many)were parked in order and was sooo.... easy to judge. Color coded cards, skip this one or that one but I had an opportunity to compare to an original unrestored example in the line up. Or maybe the 400 point people did not appreciate being deducted when we had a correct comparison. At Springfield there were even fewer early cars and the HPOF cars were separated.

But some of my Buick Buddies were there. We had a great time, which is why we went!!

Edited by dibarlaw (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Brian, I'm defining "free-style parking" as un-regulated parking.  When we did the first Plano meet, the parking lot was laid out the first day, but owners were allowed to park "wherever" (but they usually went to their designated area, although some got there before the signs were put out and parked "where ever").  Some owners put their cars "there" and left.  As show day approached, these owners did not return until (basically) the last moment to find they were not where they needed to be.  THIS did cause some concern!  Especially of where they needed to be had to be shifted to allow for more cars which had arrived before the "mis-parked" car arrived.  More stress on the parking staff!  Of course, now, with enhanced communications via cell phones and email, that might not be the problem it was 20 years prior.  Plus, possibly, a instruction sheet in the registrants' packets.

And, unfortunately, I tend to put "all together parking" in that definition also, IF it interferes with the normal BCA judging class parking.  If I'm going to be judging cars (although I haven't done that at a BCA meet) at any car event, I desire it happen as expeditiously as possible IN ORDER THAT judging results are made available to the award production group (which I was a part of at both of the Plano meets) so that awards for the awards banquet are ALL produced BEFORE the banquet starts (not having to delay the banquet as more awards are built!!).  THAT is an activity which should be "invisible" to meet attendees, by observation.  So, it's NOT just the judges having to "walk around" which is an issue, but how soon judging results are available to the awards production/distribution group at the meet.  At the second meet we did in 2004, the notification process was streamlined somewhat so Roy Faries could provide me/us with running totals of what was needed for each award class, which helped greatly.  Yes, I did try to stay ahead of the production numbers for the awards, BUT as that number can be totally variable, awards numbers can't be finalized until judging activities (quite an intense activity in itself!!) is completed.  THEREFORE, getting the judging activities completed as expeditiously as possible is completely necessary . . . at least from my perspective.

Surely, with all of the newer electronic capabilities of our modernized society, there could be some means to expedite the process via hand-held devices, Bluetooth devices, and WiFi hotspots (all of which might be donated for use for sponsorship considerations . . . not purchased, but donated and securely signed-out to individuals involved, even with LoJack protection).  Paper documents can be printed, but the transmission of documents "from the field" could be completed electronically.  Hopefully, that might help modernize the process, also knowing which cars are to be judged by which group, in a mutually-beneficial manner.

When you look at ALL of the aspects involved in BCA Judging activities, there are FAR more issues at hand in having the 400 Point Show Field arranged in a manner which is conducive to "easy judging" activities than who is parked next to whom.  And from my perspective, getting judging done quickly (so others in the chain of events can do THEIR jobs) IS more important than who might be parked next to whom in all cases.

As BCA National Meet car show judging has exploded in complexity over the last 20 years, it also puts more pressures on the host operatives to be able to provide more parking facilities for the various classes of vehicles (which have also increased!).  This can also mean that show venues and available spaces can't be completely determined early-on as each year's meet is different from the prior one(s), numbers-wise.  As things progress into the future, on-going monitoring must happen to ensure the show field can be effectively laid out for each group of vehicles.  Especially as most hotel venues don't always have huge "square" spaces for parking, but irregularly-shaped parking areas, usually, or even some "remote parking" areas which must be used (which makes SIGNAGE and a MAP of which classes are where very important.  As with any other project, meet planning needs to be an on-going activity which keeps on going after the venue contracts are signed (as Pete found out with our first Plano meet).

Kind of like if I'm car shopping, if I'm interested in particular vehicles, I find "others" parked in the mix as distractions. Distractions which can increase the amount of waking I must do to get past those that I'm not interested in looking at (at that time).  At a car show, if I desire to look at "unmolested" vehicles vs. "restored" vehicles vs "modified" vs. "others", I desire to look at those groups individually rather than "mixed-in".  That's just me, so my apologies if others might not agree.

Prior to the show day judging, parking might not need to be "regulated", BUT unless you want to spend several hours getting those not where their judged classes will be parked, getting them all there, in an orderly fashion, then you lay out the show field early-on and desire that it stays that way to (hopefully) diminish the scramble to get the show field ready for judging.  Less work for the displayers too, not having to pack up and move, too! 

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)

I am reading all this , and asking myself the question, What ever happened to the BCA ????? The ORIGINAL concept was to get together ,and enjoy the cars!!! 

Now it appears that judging is the most important thing. WHY ???? 

It used to be that Buicks were made to be driven, but it seems that now they arrive in boxes ,and are judged on things they never had originally ,namely perfect pain and body lines. 

I went to EVERY national from 1971 to 2009 , and then threw in the towel , as the BCA evolved into BIG  BUsiness and they wonder why the  average person quit 

Parking was NOT a problem in Flint ,where we did NOT judge the last meets, and the early meets did not use the 400 point system. 

• Like 2

I am reading all this , and asking myself the question, What ever happened to the BCA ????? The ORIGINAL concept was to get together ,and enjoy the cars!!! 

Now it appears that judging is the most important thing. WHY ???? 

It used to be that Buicks were made to be driven, but it seems that now they arrive in boxes ,and are judged on things they never had originally ,namely perfect pain and body lines. 

I went to EVERY national from 1971 to 2009 , and then threw in the towel , as the BCA evolved into BIG  BUsiness and they wonder why the  average person quit 

Parking was NOT a problem in Flint ,where we did NOT judge the last meets, and the early meets did not use the 400 point system. 

I could not agree more.

Maybe there needs to be a change in the day of the judging from Saturday to maybe Wednesday or Thursday.  This way the judging can get out of the way and vehicles can be parked best to suit the judging contingent when there are fewer cars on location and less confusion.  Once judging is completed, the pressure to present the best vehicle condition would be over.

As was noted in an earlier comment in this thread, a number of cars that are judged come, get judged, and then leave and you then have empty spots on the field.

By doing an earlier judging day the only participants for the day would be judged vehicles and they would be running the show activities on that day.  Others in attendance would be individuals that would like to watch/participate in the judging.

Then Friday & Saturday would be able to be dedicated to the original roots of the Buick Club and that is friendship, fellowship, and making new friends while enjoying the vehicles.  Friday & Saturday would be no pressure days other than showing the vehicles.

This set up would also make the show more "public" friendly.  Persons that do not know the car evolution would be able to see the progression of Buick through the years.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Nice to see a post from the Old Guy.  He is my Hero.  Have Fun, Make Friends, Enjoy Buicks, he showed me how to do it.

NTX.  You have registrations for a Meet.  The Registration closes.  You now know who plans to attend and what year vehicle(s) they are bringing.  You also know if they desire to be Judged in a certain class.  Non Judged cars get one color dash card.  Judged cars get a dash card of a different color, and so on, been this way for a long time because it works.  Sort the Registrations by year.  No computers required but you could certainly put it on one, print blank colored dash cards of the quantity required, in the color required, get a sharpie.

Based on how many vehicles register, you lay out that many spots in order of year and on each dash card there is a parking number that you have assigned to a parking spot.  Judges get their assignments, included is a list of the assigned parking spot for their vehicles to be Judged.

You keep going back to this 'free-for-all parking'.  No one except you keeps suggesting it and then you continue to say what a bad idea it is, we agree.

Edited by Brian_Heil (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Larry:

Public friendly! I like that term. One thing that I dislike, which you brought out is the "empty spots" after judging. After I have judged and our team's report is submitted we still have to wait until we are released. By that time I could get back to actually view and enjoy the cars, many have left. So I do like an earlier judging scenario.

Edited by dibarlaw (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Early judging also makes sense for those who want to get their cars judged and still participate in driving events that could get their cars dirty. 

Also note that chronological parking could not be more simplified; it requires no map for new members or the general public to find the cars they like, clearly shows the evolution of the Buick line, and most importantly; allows members with similar cars to socialize with others in all judging classes. 

Since I am no longer a BCA member, I cannot make a proposal to the BCA BOD.  If you agree that changes should be made, I encourage you to take action.

Imperial62,

Prewar Buick members must decide in Allentown if they want to continue putting up with with the stonewalling politics of the BCA, or become an unaffiliated group  like the 29 Silver Anniversary Group and 1915-18 Buick & McLaughlin Owners Group.

I volunteered at the last two nationals I attended.  And,I did approach the meet chairman & chief judge in both Springfield and Portland to no avail.  That is why I changed my focus to the BOD & again just got stonewalled.  Now I am done wasting my time with the BCA until they wake up & make changes to get back to being more than a club with an annual car show for trophy hunters.

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)
  • Like 1

We took our 1920 K-46 to Springfield last summer.  When we filled out the registration form and got to the question about volunteering to help with judging, Barbara looked at me and said that I really had ought to go for it.  "You have been around teens and twenties Buicks for over 50 years.  I don't think that there is anyone else that knows as much about them as you do who will be at the meet".  OK, I'll do it.  I called John Steed, the chief judge for the BCA and explained what I wanted to do and guess what, I was very politely turned down.  He said the help wasn't needed and thanked me for calling him and that ended that.  This was the first, last, and only time that I will ever do that.  That incident right there told me all I ever wanted to know about this judging of vehicles business in the BCA.  If a person believes everything that is put out by the BCA management about the judging process at a national meet you would come away thinking that the judges are so overworked and underappreciated that it is pathetic. I was certainly told otherwise by the top dog in the club.  NO HELP NEEDED SIR!  The readers of this can draw their own conclusions.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Oh I just can help it I gotta comment. I go and have a Drink of Captain and Coke. It's no good for me but it makes me feel good for a little while. And then I have another. Ahhhh that's better. Oh My, Here comes the Dancing Girl on the pole. They aint good for me either but I do believe I give em a few bucks and let em dance a little longer.. Hic. Time for ano..na..ther.... Why here's a few more bucks. Give me one of them Dances. Oh you Hot Baby, You know you Hot. More Money... This will only lead to no good but what the hay. We having fun... Hic. I for get what happened after that but somehow my Cuzin got us home. Weren't no good for me but it sure was fun. And if I keep living long enough I'll most likely let them good lookers empty my wallet again. Hic. Sur Nuf was fun. Prime example of when Stupidity Happens. Hic... More $$ in the cookie jar where that come from.  :P  Until next time. Dandy Dave!      

.  Stupidity happens when a person knows better but goes ahead and does the opposite thing anyway.  

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 2

In Bellevue in 2007, parking was by year. I judged the Archival class that year with one of the originals of the PWD as team captain. We had the early cars up to the 60s or 70s, so had to cover a significant portion of the show field. It was a blast. I can't speak for anyone else, but if the Archival cars being interspersed with the rest is being given for separate parking for the judges, then I think it is an excuse rather than a reason.

• Like 2

Parking is by year most every year, except for the 5% of time for the 400 point judging.  Most on this topic are not fans of the 400 point judging so it receives short shrift here,   But the BOD is charged with representing everybody.  As far as I recall, there are at least 4-5 pre war Buick "fans" on the BOD. Mr. DePouli, John D. Brian Clark and others. 

SO Imeririal62, if you are so dedicated to the BCA, why don't we know your real name and location and cars owned, or are you afraid to tell us, time to make this real as all the rest of us are real, man up old guy! 

• Like 3

Well I'm a New Owner of a Pre-War Buick 1936 Buick Roadmaster Pheaton 80C . The Pre-War Division has been a Great amount of help. We were at Springfield Meet it was our First Buick Meet and we really knew know one and felt some what out of place. On Show day we where way over in the far corner and felt left out. If it had not been for the guys that came up to us that I meet on here I would have felt has if I should have stay home. This group of guys on this forum have been a great amount of help and tried helped teach a new owner of a Pre-War Buick places and people to find information and parts. We are coming to Allentown , Pa. I really hope this is a better put of Meet and it would be nice if we where all togather and maybe we could meet more like minded people. We are looking in the future to try to go on some tours we've never been on one and I think that would be a good way to meet more people.

Thanks to everone on here for you help ! Malcolm ( Bud ) Ensor

• Like 3

Bud, I am sorry for you with the experience you had at the Springfield Meet.  I think a lot of folks will agree that the BCA Meet last year will not go down in history as a stellar meet.  I can and will tell you that us Pre-War enthusiasts are a great bunch to be associated with.  If the pre-war guys could have been parked all together what you had to endure would never have happened.  But you see the BCA management does not want this to happen.  I am glad that you came on here and voiced what happened with you.  Hopefully someday the total control crowd will be gone and things can get back to the way it should be.  Let me extend the right hand of friendship to you and your family and I personally hope to meet up with you at some point in the future.  Hang in there.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Like 2

Bud,

I look forward to meeting you and hope  you can join what ever bus tours you like, especially driving the covered bridge tour.  Also consider attending the PWD meeting on Thursday afternoon and the PWD After-Tour.

John

John,

Thanks, for your reply and yes I really hope to meet you too. Sent's your brought up the " Bus Tours " We had one of the " WORST " Bus Tours EVER last year at Springfield.It was the Civil War Battlefield / Route 66 Museum / Candy Tour then Lunch at Lambert's Restaurant. The Bus Driver took us to the Battlefield first knowing we could not get us in then told us there was No such thing as. Route 66 Museum / Candy Tour ?. So he took us to a Cave that was used during the Civil War to let us see it. Then to top it off he drove us (about 50-60 People ) to Lambert's Restaurant when we got there they had No Ideal we were coming and told us it would a hour or 2 wait. So the group chose to end the tour then and return to the meet. So I would be reluctant to take a nother Bus Tour planed my BCA !

Bud

Bud, I am sorry for you with the experience you had at the Springfield Meet.  I think a lot of folks will agree that the BCA Meet last year will not go down in history as a stellar meet.  I can and will tell you that us Pre-War enthusiasts are a great bunch to be associated with.  If the pre-war guys could have been parked all together what you had to endure would never have happened.  But you see the BCA management does not want this to happen.  I am glad that you came on here and voiced what happened with you.  Hopefully someday the total control crowd will be gone and things can get back to the way it should be.  Let me extend the right hand of friendship to you and your family and I personally hope to meet up with you at some point in the future.  Hang in there.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Terry,

Thanks for your reply and Yes the Springfield Meet was Not a good Experience.and Very disorganized. We got there early and had to move our car trailer three times and then got blocked end so we could not get our car out of the trailer on Saturday morning of meet. I do look forward to meet you and other Pre-War enthusiasts this year. We will give BCA one more chance at a meet before we write then off !

Thanks Again

Bud Ensor

• Like 1

Bud,

Welcome to the Pre-War mentality.  The Pre-War guys are a great bunch that for the most part are interested in driving their cars regardless of age.  We are also a helpful lot and help each other keep their cars running so we can ..........Go Driving some more.  I know that Joyce and I drive our truck to dinner, to the grocery store, church, to friends houses, and the list goes on all summer long.

I agree that Springfield was not a good show.  It was sad that your car was unable to be unloaded Saturday morning as there were lots of empty spaces on the parking lot (show field).

Joyce and I will be at Allentown so look us up and I will be happy to give you a ride in the old truck.

Regards,

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Bud,

Welcome to the Pre-War mentality.  The Pre-War guys are a great bunch that for the most part are interested in driving their cars regardless of age.  We are also a helpful lot and help each other keep their cars running so we can ..........Go Driving some more.  I know that Joyce and I drive our truck to dinner, to the grocery store, church, to friends houses, and the list goes on all summer long.

I agree that Springfield was not a good show.  It was sad that your car was unable to be unloaded Saturday morning as there were lots of empty spaces on the parking lot (show field).

Joyce and I will be at Allentown so look us up and I will be happy to give you a ride in the old truck.

Regards,

Larry,

We did finally get the car out of the trailer and on to the show field. The show was just so disoriented. Connie and I sat with you and Joyce at the banquet and had a good time and a lot good laughs. We talked about the way the BCA didn't want to recognize your Buick Thucks. We really would like see you guys again at Allentown.

Thanks

Malcolm (Bud) Ensor

• Like 2

Pre-war?  There was only one?

I get the term, but each year the so called "post war" group of cars is increasing to the point where another division might soon be appropriate. Pre-war, inter-war, and intra-war?

I have 1948, 1960, 1964, 1986, and a 1994 collector cars. They are all pre and post some war.

This is stressful, I'm going over to the VFW for a beer.

Bernie

As long as he is in the in the same row John that'll be close enough.  ;) Dandy Dave! 

Dave,

I hate to make waves, but I think he will be parking with the 30s and you will be with the teenagers, but probably not far away. Hope that will be close enough.

John

Ok Guys,

I don't know if this the place to ask this ? But I need some help finding a Chrome Plater that can Repair and Plate a set Rear Door Window Flippers for My 1936 Buick Roadmaster Pheaton 80C. These are Die Cast.( Potmetal ). This has been a long hard search but Thanks to Dave Powers of California he was very helpful and sold me a Spare set he had for a very reasonable price. These are very rare items because 1936 they were one year only. The 1937 and newer are different. So saying that I don't want just anyone trying to do these. I've never had anything plated like this before. Can someone Please guide me in the Right direction ?

Thanks

Malcolm (Bud) Ensor

Bud,

Yes, it would probably be better to start a new thread under the heading, as some may be tired of reading this thread and you would have a wider audience.  I know good quality platers in the Northeast, but someone should be able to guide you in Alabama or nearby (and at sure less cost).  

John

• Like 1