75 year accumulation estate auction in OK.

Bleach

I see a million dollar+ hoard that will be sold for a fraction of what it's really worth. There is just too much stuff, too far from everyone. To properly sort and catalog that stuff would take months. Then to amass enough people with big pockets would take even longer. The cars should sell well and the toys and other hot items will do well also. The endless piles of chassis components, sheet metal and unidentifiable stuff will go for scrap value. These magpies, that stash stuff away like this, are much like cat hoarders. They think they're saving them but, in the end, they end up sick and dead and a few are saved.

We had that much stuff at one time also.. It took us 27 years to sell stuff..and still have more to sell. If your Dad was born in the 1920-1930s.. The great depression was a big factor in it... If you had nothing- you kept everything... You will see more of these auctions over the next 5 years..

If you go there and don't come home with some sort of Model A Project for a reasonable price you will never find one. I think they will run out of bidders and money before they run out of inventory. Did anyone actually count how many cars or atleast fairly complete bodies there are? I'm sure with all the spares you could make each one a complete body if they are missing any major pieces of sheetmetal.

In the Northeast anything outside would be scrap. I think I could count on one hand the number of rust holes I saw.

There's a guy out there somewhere who's retired early, has a big old building to put stuff in, and wants a hobby to dink around with for the next 20 years...maybe involving selling old stuff at swap meets. This would be the perfect acquisition for him. The drawback is the scale. It might cost a tenth of a million dollars to buy what's not scrap and another tenth of a million to haul it anywhere.

Personally, I like the Model "A" welding truck. There's a Ford Sedan Delivery buried in one of the buildings, too.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

These hoards prove how rich a country the USA truly is. There are so many hidden million dollar plus hoards coming up for auction it boggles my mind! So much stuff just left to deteriorate with owners unable to mentally grasp selling anything.

My Grandpa was quite a packrat and ordered the bulldozers to bury a huge amount of his stash including my Dads 37 Indian as well as piles of 20s-30s car parts when his huge old estate was sold because of his poor health. That was back in the 70's and it was a seldom seen occurrence. Now i seem to read about bigger and bigger hoarder auctions every week.

Do Model A's multiply when left hidden for decades? Or didnt anybody ever scrap them, because its amazing how many have come up in the last few years!