Just curious, what's everyones age, and what year Riv(s) do you own?

Guest Rob J

Guest Rob J

I'm interested in figuring out the age demographic of us fellow Riv addicts. List your age, and what cars you own...

Currently I'm 43, and have 2 1965 Riv's. One a base 401 car, the other a 1965 GS. I also own an all original, survivor, mint condition 1987 Buick Grand National with only 16k miles on the clock.

Rob.

I am 53. I have a fairly loaded 63 Riviera, a 55 Chevy Bel Air sport coupe, a 56 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe, a 57 Chevy Bel Air Sport Sedan, and a 58 Chevy Apache big window short wide. Only one Buick. Not quite the purist you other guys are. Sold all my Camaros, Chevelles and Impalas, but still have too many projects.

I'm 64, bought the Riviera when I was 30. I liked the idea that Buick had built a small personal car, by my standards, anyway.

The weather is still nice here, not getting snowed like Albany (there is a lot of that going on there) so we are taking the Impala SS over to the next town for lunch. Interesting that the '94 Impala was 14 years old when I bought it, just like the Riviera.

Bernie

I'm 56 and have a '64 Riv. I remember walking by a neighbors home on the way to school and they had a new silver '63. I fell in love with them on the spot and managed to get mine in 2007. Nice 70 K original with most options except autotronic eye and like most Pacific Northwest cars, no A/C.

If our passion is our Riviera ....there has got to be a poison that tempers that passion...I like the how old are you question ...but... ...what bottle do you grab when a bolt just sheared off in the block of your 401 ... or the trans pukes 5 quarts of purple crap on the nice garage floor ????? I love my cars ... 65 Riviera , 2005 GTO ,,,,4600 original miles, 2005 Dodge Magnum....fun a.. car , 2009 Tahoe ,2003 Expedition with 255500 miles and STILL dont leak a drop of nothin...and the drift bustin 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport...the best truck jeep ever made... Thats whats in the garage now....I am 47 ..act like a 18 year old ....and love my Gin...the green bottle....Great forum...Great people ...thanks to you all for keeping it interesting.....I gotta go refiill my glass ...:P

Guest Gseago
If our passion is our Riviera ....there has got to be a poison that tempers that passion...I like the how old are you question ...but... ...what bottle do you grab when a bolt just sheared off in the block of your 401 ... or the trans pukes 5 quarts of purple crap on the nice garage floor ????? I love my cars ... 65 Riviera , 2005 GTO ,,,,4600 original miles, 2005 Dodge Magnum....fun a.. car , 2009 Tahoe ,2003 Expedition with 255500 miles and STILL dont leak a drop of nothin...and the drift bustin 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport...the best truck jeep ever made... Thats whats in the garage now....I am 47 ..act like a 18 year old ....and love my Gin...the green bottle....Great forum...Great people ...thanks to you all for keeping it interesting.....I gotta go refiill my glass ...:P

I can understand what your saying but I find that hopping on this forum or grabbing the manual is alot more productive and healthier than the bottle, but if I had to I would have to say I take after my pop in choosing Christian Brothers for my liquid refreshment.

I just turned 50. My Riv is a 63...same year as me. When I was a boy, a neighbor had a black 63 that I worshipped. When complete, my 63 will be silver with a black interior.

I have a 1968 Shelby GT-350 that I bought in 1979. Acapulco blue with a tan interior. It is simple and brutal. It was my first car. Still have it.

I have a 1972 442 convertible that is one of the sweetest driving cars I've every owned. It is copper bronze with a white interior. Driving it with the top down is sublime.

My daily driver is an 07 GT Mustang with some slight modifications. It is black on black. It's....very responsive.

PRL

Guest REX STALLION

I`m 56 , I had a `64 when I was 28. It was the right car at the wrong time, the kids were little and it was a drain on the family budget...sold. I waited until I was 50 and got another `64,this one stays. Back in the `70s I swapped my `67 Camero for a `63 Riv for a night...I didn`t want to give it back ! Been hooked ever since.

Guest Gseago
Christian Brothers? Here I avoided making a political comment about making a deposit in the bank and buying gas on the same day (republicans do that) and all of a sudden it gets religious!

Bernie

Ha ha ha ha, Christian Brothers Brandy not Easy Jesus. Hey to each his own on the deposit/buying gas, with gas prices going up the as quick as they are you might need a loan to fill up anything others than a 4 cylinder.

Guest Lasse

Turning 37 this summer, and my Princess is a -63. She's my first American ride and we ended up together 2 years ago because of my raging age-, identity- & whatnot crisis.

It got to the point where I told my wife that this crisis will now be resolved with one of the following:

A) I get a mistress

B) I get a nice heroine addiction

C) I buy an American project car

I don't know if this was the cheapest or wisest choice but I'm happy!

Guest Gseago
I'm 42 and I have a 65 Riviera and a 67 Olds 98 Holiday Coupe. Brian

[ATTACH=CONFIG]182687[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]182688[/ATTACH]

Nice 98:cool:

Guest brivi65

Thanks Gseago, it is a true barn find, well a behind a barn find, I saw it and couldn't let it rot away, so I popped down $500 and took it out of the hole it was in, after a battery and hooking up a gas can she fired right up and I drove it to the backyard, after pulling the vinyl top off I have found some unwelcome rust, but thats all, everything else is solid. It's a high comperession 425 with 82,000 one owner miles, she a tank! Brian

post-90681-14314179696_thumb.jpg

post-90681-143141796976_thumb.jpg

OK Riviera People: I'm 61. I had my first 63 Riv in 1970 at the age of 18. Since then there have been maybe a few years in the 70's I have not owned one. Currently I have 22 examples. 7 63's, 9 64's and 6 65's. A few are nice, most are running beaters and believe it or not, not that many parts cars. Mitch

Guest Rob J
OK Riviera People: I'm 61. I had my first 63 Riv in 1970 at the age of 18. Since then there have been maybe a few years in the 70's I have not owned one. Currently I have 22 examples. 7 63's, 9 64's and 6 65's. A few are nice, most are running beaters and believe it or not, not that many parts cars. Mitch

Mitch, I think you need to buy yourself a few more. I'm disappointed that you only own 22 first gen Riv's. Get with the program already.

OK Rob: You may or not know that the First-Gen Riv is not my main squeeze. The 1960 Buick is. I have 60 examples of the 1960 Buick. I really didn't have but 3 First Gen Rivs in 2004. Had I started earlier with the Riviera collecting I'm sure I would be over 100 by now. "Padiction"...half passion, half addiction.

I may be full of what ever you may want to call it but there's one thing anyone can take to the bank with me and that is this....when I say having all thise heaps is fun....it's fun! Mitch.

Guest carlbraun

Im 48 and own a 65 Riviera GS. It was originally VERDE/VERDE but now the car is Silver Cloud and will have a black interior.

My other cars include an awesome 65 Jeep Wagoneer with 37K miles, a 69 Pontiac GTO Judge (Ram Air IV..one of 9 built) and a 2001 BMW 740i Sport thats good for about 150 out on the interstate.

post-77544-143141803884_thumb.jpg

post-77544-143141803856_thumb.jpg

post-77544-143141803908_thumb.jpg

Edited by carlbraun (see edit history)