Let's see your truck & trailer

My aluminum Ford F350 with my aluminum Ford branded Livin' Lite camper with my aluminum EZHauler trailer with one of my AMC's inside.

edGzcJO.jpg

2OBiopo.jpg

ahQaFhZ.jpg

7Oqiwj7.jpg

Haven't towed with the new wheel and suspension updates yet...Timbrens, Billstein 5100's and a wider wheel combo.

PVEUDwJ.jpg

Edited by amxdreamer (see edit history)
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 7:54 PM, Trulyvintage said:

I recently had the sidewalls painted

a light gray to match the floor.

Jim

C6763F90-347C-4042-A25B-32AF9AF29F94.jpeg.7856dc2da0fa451701fc6f428b2f537b.jpeg

1C284F11-9973-4A34-A8EC-602D6D07A930.jpeg.f74f8ecfb09bc4243bb2dcc50755015c.jpeg

Nice trailer. First thing I did when I bought my trailer was to paint the walls white and seal the floor. 

Nice New Beetle. For it's size it is one HEAVY car. The one I have is the heaviest of all my VWs and gets the lowest MPGs. Then again at almost 3,000 pounds it's no wonder.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We tow the Hupmobile one to three thousand miles over a period of a year.  I take it easy at 60/65 mph as I am retired.  The steel trailer and car weigh 5,000 pounds & I use an equalizer hitch giving a very smooth ride.  The car doesn’t leak when towed, even in torrential rains. 

8D358720-6B76-4803-9E13-E2B9A9AD86F6.jpeg

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Not much of a heavy duty tow rig, but I sold my old big one and my daily driver to get this. It will tow 6500 pounds, so when I get my Model A I will be good to go.  Technically, I can even haul my 57 Chevy with it, but not sure if I will stretch it that far.  I don’t like to push the upper limit.  

70525808921__80C1C6D7-4A25-460B-8A4B-1A77AAB99889.jpeg.af413359481882c557aaf5187cd3d347.jpeg

• Like 2

You seldom see a bed mounted camper anymore........they were very popular in the '70's and '80's     I remember staying in one my friend owned when we went to the Gulf Coast fishing.   

Here is an odd-ball trailer... Futura made in New Zealand  and has a cable system that allows it to kneel.      At the time of this picture it was not working and we were unloading this Alfa

so we could work in it.  

futura trailer.jpg

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

You probably wouldn't tow much with it now a days but here is my big truck.  

Really cool,  but I just don't see myself using it so it's looking for a new owner.  

I would consider trading it for a smaller truck like a 32-34 Ford pickup or a 28-31 A roadster pickup.   

You can see details in the for sale section.

IMG_9476.JPG

IMG_9479.JPG

IMG_9481.JPG

IMG_0811.JPG

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

My tow vehicle is a hybrid F150 and an aluminum 22-foot trailer.  In tow mode, the truck does not rely on battery power.  This holds the 40 Buick nicely.  I had just picked up the car from Dan in Pidgeon Forge, TN.  

IMG_1609.jpg.210e613caf3a9bc9e502d4ee37f3e6dd.jpg

55 minutes ago, kgreen said:

My tow vehicle is a hybrid F150 and an aluminum 22-foot trailer.  In tow mode, the truck does not rely on battery power.  This holds the 40 Buick nicely.  I had just picked up the car from Dan in Pidgeon Forge, TN.  

IMG_1609.jpg.210e613caf3a9bc9e502d4ee37f3e6dd.jpg

How far does it go on the batteries and how big is the gas tank and range?

On 8/8/2023 at 4:45 PM, Trulyvintage said:

COVId brought a 50% increase

in #2 diesel prices so I could 

no longer afford to pull my 

30 foot enclosed car hauler.

Switched to an all aluminum

custom car hauler that reduces

fuel cost & maintenance.

IMG_6599.jpeg.897e4c7e94b356273e8f525a43b16438.jpeg

Jim

A request presented with all due respect: Any chance you might consider shortening your signature a bit? Candidly, it's longer then your posts and annoying to be forced to look at these same pictures repeatedly. This is particularly true when looking at the forum on a phone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/31/2023 at 7:47 AM, alsancle said:

How far does it go on the batteries and how big is the gas tank and range?

When in tow mode, the batteries do not come into play.  Range when towing at about 9-10 mpg is about 300-350 miles.  Range when not towing is 600 miles

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2023 at 5:26 AM, kgreen said:

When in tow mode, the batteries do not come into play.  Range when towing at about 9-10 mpg is about 300-350 miles.  Range when not towing is 600 miles

What is the gas mileage when not towing? I have never heard of the hybrid truck. My '13 with the eco boost has a range of over 500 miles with a tank of fuel. But I only get about 18mpg when travelling. Heading out west next month curious to see what it does on a long trip.

5 hours ago, TAKerry said:

What is the gas mileage when not towing? I have never heard of the hybrid truck. My '13 with the eco boost has a range of over 500 miles with a tank of fuel. But I only get about 18mpg when travelling. Heading out west next month curious to see what it does on a long trip.

The electric (battery) functions automatically; I can encourage battery power under decelleration and with braking.  The electric does not engage at highway speed and I'll get between 21-22 mpg highway mileage average at the end of an 8-hour trip.  The electric function is best in city driving and on secondary roads where I'll get up to 25 mpg.  I was driving secondary roads from Franklin, NC to Nantahala two weekeds ago and traveling over the hill/mountain country my average was a couple tenths over 25.  

Edited by kgreen
spelling (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TAKerry said:

You are doing a lot better than me. My 2014 eco-boost, averages 14.6 no matter what.

• Haha 1

AJ, when driving local the best it says on the dash is 16.8 We were traveling a hundred miles one way all last fall for a job and checking the daily mileage we were getting a little better than 18. I have a 4 door with the longer bed (not 8') and the backseat is loaded to the max with tools. With 2 people the truck tips the scales just a 7,000.lbs,

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I bought @trimacar's 2001 8.1 Suburban last month and just picked up my new 8.5' x 24' Pace American Cargo Sport yesterday. The 35-mile drive home was smooth and uneventful.  Now I have to start outfitting the rig in preparation for its maiden voyage the end of October.  ;)

image.jpeg.913c46eb2e7b25996f98267ffeda437c.jpeg

image.jpeg.7d18646f9d56301d32197e0d1b5fd227.jpeg

image.jpeg.820b51828a8a02778d47eb5265493713.jpeg

image.jpeg.6fa7187de1b63ba0703950b075787e8e.jpeg

• Like 3

They're 5200 lb Lippert torsion axles (~10,000 lb. gross).  I asked the dealer to remove the fancy alloy wheels and instead give me six regular steel wheels so I have two mounted spares (an even swap pricewise).  A friend of mine went to Hershey and picked me up a set of Snappin' Turtle tie-down straps.  I still need to get one of those trailer tire changing wedges...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EmTee said:

They're 5200 lb Lippert torsion axles (~10,000 lb. gross).  I asked the dealer to remove the fancy alloy wheels and instead give me six regular steel wheels so I have two mounted spares (an even swap pricewise).  A friend of mine went to Hershey and picked me up a set of Snappin' Turtle tie-down straps.  I still need to get one of those trailer tire changing wedges...

I have the same axles in my trailer. A couple of 2x6s will also lift the trailer for tire changes and serve other useful functions. 

• Thanks 1

I have a winch, but need to get a mounting plate.  The trailer has a manual jack currently; it seems to be geared pretty low (lots of revolutions but low effort).  I'll wait awhile before deciding to change the jack.  My priorities now are: (1) get a tire 'wedge', (2) decide how and where to mount my spare wheels inside the trailer and (3) decide and purchase a coupler lock (e.g. Fort Knox?) and padlocks for the ramp door.

I was initially concerned about backing the trailer into my driveway and considering a rear-view camera.  I was pleasently surprised, however, as it's not much different (and maybe somewhat easier) than backing my single axle boat trailer.  The first thing I noticed is it takes more steering input than I expected to initiate a turn.  The slower response makes course correction easier, I think.  The trailer has an extended tongue, that should make maneuvering easier.

• Like 1

I really don’t think there’s a hitch lock which will stop a determined thief.

I had one of the heavy duty locks on my car trailer, the kind which goes up inside and locks.  I misplaced the key.

I have an iron bar, weighs about 60 pounds, pointed end.  Three blows with the bar and the lock flew across the driveway.

Key management is not one of my strengths!

• Haha 2