Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

It’s hard to catch in the text on the plaque but two of these nailheads running in tandem to start the SR-71.  From other things I’ve read, the 16 exhaust pipes would glow red and the sound was deafening.  Google it and read some more.  Very impressive.

Hey, no AC on that cart!

The J at the end of the cylinder Head Casting number indicates 1963 but no silver paint. All 1963 Buicks with nailheads had silver paint or just Rivieras?

I read that 454 BBC replacements didn't do as well as the nailheads in those start carts.

Edited by XframeFX (see edit history)

13 hours ago, XframeFX said:

Hey, no AC on that cart!

The J at the end of the cylinder Head Casting number indicates 1963 but no silver paint. All 1963 Buicks with nailheads had silver paint or just Rivieras?

I read that 454 BBC replacements didn't do as well as the nailheads in those start carts.

Just the Riviera's.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Shilling AFB. Personnel from Shilling manned the missile silos in Central Kansas.  When the 747 was introduced, Shilling AFB runways were used to practice touch and go landings.  We used to watch bombing practice at the Smoky Hill bombing range.

I replaced the tail light bezels on the rear bumper of my 68 this weekend with a set of restored bezels I purchased on Ebay.

These bezels had the pits removed and filled in then they were replated and had the lower sections painted silver like they were originally. 

I think the rear end has a new elegance about it now! 

20220815_151413.jpg.c53be9d57d7f0d3c4eeee89b589b96ea.jpg

20220815_151421.jpg.86d28130a33f3126ee3f94794a1238b0.jpg

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

I found this enameled metal Buick key/watch fob on eBay when I was looking for a new keyring for my Riviera. I also bought a vintage leather key strap that had a cheap Chevrolet medallion on it. I discarded the medallion and added this Buick fob, and, viola, I now have a great Buick-themed key fob! 

20220910_130808.jpg.5fdba3f72ee999443cbab192db8da4d8.jpg20220910_130816.jpg.bb04f18bec233027242dd6d42cc0e393.jpg20220910_132419.jpg.e139d1e3023604a2ffe1b61463e06e90.jpg

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Finn Riv said:

Hello all! And greetings from sunny and hot Finland! Here’s my new ’63 Riviera

Welcome to the Riviera Family. Be sure to consider joining both the main ROA (www.rivowners.org) and the European Branch. Contact @Schmiddy for details about that!

I look forward to reading more about your Riviera. It looks like you got it near the end of the driving season in Finland! I bet you spend this winter lovingly wiping it down and staring at it!

If you have any questions about anything, please search this forum as there is a good possibility your question(s) have been asked and answered previously!

Enjoy!

On 8/15/2022 at 4:58 PM, NC1968Riviera said:

I replaced the tail light bezels on the rear bumper of my 68 this weekend with a set of restored bezels I purchased on Ebay.

These bezels had the pits removed and filled in then they were replated and had the lower sections painted silver like they were originally. 

I think the rear end has a new elegance about it now! 

20220815_151413.jpg.c53be9d57d7f0d3c4eeee89b589b96ea.jpg

20220815_151421.jpg.86d28130a33f3126ee3f94794a1238b0.jpg

What you have there is real industrial art. The paint accents draw the eye to the whole design. I believe your made a good investment in having the work completed. Triple nickel plated? Just curious if you knew the spec.

There are soooo many chrome plating specs you need to be a materials engineer to check for quality adherence. Nonetheless, nicely done. Turbinator

13 hours ago, RivNut said:

Nice looking!  Well preserved or restored?  What kind of options are on it?

Thank you! It’s quite well preserved, paint isn’t that good as it looks in picture. Front fenders and hood is painted poorly, but backside can have original paint.

I don’t know options, but AC and 4-way drivers seat there is.

This car came to Finland 1989 and I’m 4th owner here. 
Great and reliable car! This summer our family is driven about 3000 miles (only) without any problems.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NC1968Riviera said:

Welcome to the Riviera Family. Be sure to consider joining both the main ROA (www.rivowners.org) and the European Branch. Contact @Schmiddy for details about that!

I look forward to reading more about your Riviera. It looks like you got it near the end of the driving season in Finland! I bet you spend this winter lovingly wiping it down and staring at it!

If you have any questions about anything, please search this forum as there is a good possibility your question(s) have been asked and answered previously!

Enjoy!

Thank you! I have reading this forum since I bought my ’63. Very good forum with very good people!

Yes, driving season is ended for this summer. Autumn rains is started. Riv needs little maintenance before it’s going to winter sleep.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 10:02 PM, Turbinator said:

What you have there is real industrial art. The paint accents draw the eye to the whole design. I believe your made a good investment in having the work completed. Triple nickel plated? Just curious if you knew the spec.

There are soooo many chrome plating specs you need to be a materials engineer to check for quality adherence. Nonetheless, nicely done. Turbinator

Bob, I bought these bezels from a seller on eBay already re-plated and painted. It was just "plug and play" on my end! 🙂

25 minutes ago, NC1968Riviera said:

Bob, I bought these bezels from a seller on eBay already re-plated and painted. It was just "plug and play" on my end! 🙂

You know and went and read your description in your post. My reading comprehension is slipping. You clearly wrote where you bought the bezels.

Industrial art all the way.

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2022 at 11:46 PM, Finn Riv said:

Thank you! It’s quite well preserved, paint isn’t that good as it looks in picture. Front fenders and hood is painted poorly, but backside can have original paint.

I don’t know options, but AC and 4-way drivers seat there is.

This car came to Finland 1989 and I’m 4th owner here. 
Great and reliable car! This summer our family is driven about 3000 miles (only) without any problems.

Post a picture of the Fisher Body Data plate. From that we can figure what options were built in at the Fisher Body plant. From there you can figure out what other options were added during final assembly.