GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh oh Dave, this is gonna hurt, but I'm afraid your girlfriend is right. </div></div>

She said something about needing a Buick water Hose, 10 inches at least. shocked.gif.... blush.gif....

laugh.gif Dandy Dave!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrEarl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh oh Dave, this is gonna hurt, but I'm afraid your girlfriend is right.

1938-Cluster3.jpg </div></div>\

Yup. Mr. Earl is correct. The biggest tip off is the '38 Olds(??) next to the Buick (if anyone even noticed that there were cars in the photo, that is). That two-tone paint job is definitely some sort of sick modern interpretation of how it would have originally left the factory.

Guest imported_MrEarl

I fail to see what either of you are talkin about. I can't seem get much further than just to the right of the right headlight. shocked.gif

or would that be to the left of the right headlight....I'm so confused crazy.gif

OOoowww Oooowwww,I know... I Know...It's the plate with the little car on it. I think it says....Antique Automobile Club of America? grin.gif heh heeh heh...

"If the blind lead's the blind, Both shall fall into the ditch" wink.gif Dandy Dave!

Ok that hurt but, it was only 2 bucks and a little pride. Guess I was paying too much attention to the wrong details. But then I'm easly distracted.

Yeah, the AACA tag is a dead give-away. heheh better luck next time I suppose.

Dave

Guest imported_MrEarl

maybe I'm not the only one not able to focus here. I finally zeroed in on the item "just above the right corner of the tag" and this is what I saw.

post-32987-143138056548_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1DandyDaves</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes sir Mr. Earl, I hafta admit, you have much better eyes -n- me. wink.gif Dandy Dave! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"If the blind lead's the blind, Both shall fall into the ditch" Dandy Dave!</div></div>

Well, one of us has got to keep us out of the ditch!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOPCAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my wife and my Wildcat GS

P8270054-1.jpg

Peace WildBill </div></div>

Wild Bill,

Tell your wife thanks for letting you post....assuming she knows. LOL grin.gif

Thats a classic shot by the lake and the car and wife look great. They compliment each other well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JZRIV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOPCAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my wife and my Wildcat GS

Peace WildBill </div></div>

Wild Bill,

Tell your wife thanks for letting you post....assuming she knows. LOL grin.gif

Thats a classic shot by the lake and the car and wife look great. They compliment each other well. </div></div>

What lake? whistle.giflaugh.gif

Guest ZondaC12

Funny, every time I walk out into the garage, my '38 looks NOTHING like that. Maybe it needs plugs and points!!!?????

I want a date with the one on the front left fender...no wait the brunett,...no, the blond..... Wait the red head.....oh heck, Choices Choces...just send em all over for a Buick Party. We'll figure it out from there.... laugh.gif Dandy Dave!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

It's Spring Time and looky who came to visit Buick Gardens this weekend. And since she just happened to have blue jeans on that so matched the Cavalier Blue of The Blue Bird, I was able to talk her into another Girls on Buicks photo shoot. And all with Rita's approval. wink.gif :-*

100_7043.jpg

100_7044.jpg

100_7041.jpg

100_7035.jpg

100_7048.jpg

crpd.jpg

100_7054.jpg

100_7042.jpg

<span style="color: #000099">I believe her question was something like "I know it's an automatic!!! Where is the clutch?</span>

100_7032.jpg

100_7058.jpg

• Like 1

Guest imported_MrEarl

That dang 10 photo limit again

couple more

100_7059.jpg

<span style="color: #000099">Ahhhhh yes, just the right size here</span>

100_7062.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrEarl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's Spring Time and looky who came to visit Buick Gardens this weekend. And since she just happened to have blue jeans on that so matched the Cavalier Blue of The Blue Bird, I was able to talk her into another Girls on Buicks photo shoot. And all with Rita's approval. wink.gif :-*

</div></div>

Nice collection of shots. Thanks for posting. OK I'll be the one to ask for those of us less informed. Who is it? I see she had a glass of wine. Did you have to get her drunk before she would pose on the car?

Guest imported_Thriller

That's Terry...search the forums for Terry and Buttercup and you should find something...a thread with a bunch o' drool.

Looking at these photos again Lamar, I couldn't help but think that perhaps you should have lathered up those jeans with some Meguiars paint cleaner to get started on some shine for the Bluebird crazy.gifgrin.gifwink.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JZRIV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrEarl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's Spring Time and looky who came to visit Buick Gardens this weekend. And since she just happened to have blue jeans on that so matched the Cavalier Blue of The Blue Bird, I was able to talk her into another Girls on Buicks photo shoot. And all with Rita's approval. wink.gif

</div></div>

Nice collection of shots. Thanks for posting. OK I'll be the one to ask for those of us less informed. Who is it? I see she had a glass of wine. Did you have to get her drunk before she would pose on the car? </div></div>

Terry was my wifes best friend back in college and to this day. Another perk of being married to my sweet Rita. Actually the red wine hadn't kicked in and she was a little shy and kept wanting to be serious that day.

Here is her email reply

<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="font-style: italic">"You guys are a scream. Next time I promise to bring some of my Tango dresses and stilettos. And Lamar, I really have to drink a bit more wine before the photo shoot begins.

As for age, let’s just say that like cars, women become more fascinating as the years pass. We never lose that certain patina…as long as we’re well cared for" </span></span>

Yep, Derek, you're right about the finish on Blue Bird. She didn't fly south this winter and got caught in a couple of freak Georgia snowstorms. Got to get to work on her don't I.

• 3 weeks later...

Lamar, I've decided, as a matter of courtesy, to extend your lifetime membership here at the Inn to Terry as well. And, of course, membership includes plenty of food and drink and free towing service in case you, or she, becomes stranded anywhere within 100 miles of DC!

Nice pictures. Although I find it very hard to let someone sit on my cars, I think in her case, I would have to make an exception!

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

This thread needs to move up again so I thought I might share this link.

Earlier this year the West Aussie club were of on a short run and decided on meeting at a local suburban park.

A professional photographer was present taking some photos of a model and seized the opportunity to use a few of the cars, those that turned up early!!!

The link is to the photographers webpage, some interesting photos of Western Australia locations as well.

http://www.petersmithimages.com/gallery_219048.html

Guest imported_MrEarl

Nice pin striping.... in fact I told Rita "looka here what Rooster put on the hood of Irene, looks gooood doesn't it"... After I came to, I realized I should have said "Look at the nice pin striping Rooster put on the hood of Irene"

• 7 months later...

Somehow I missed the Girls until today - here's my addition (full screen of my avitar)

1940-girls.jpg

This is from a small snapshot style print that was sent to me a couple years ago by the previous owner of My 40 Special - I think she is the girl in the center. It is my car circa 1943 :D