Enjoy

benjamin j

You could make a small fortune out of that Packard....if you started with a large one.

I was looking at: www.car-from-uk.com  last night and looked at all of the Packards listed for sale there, 758, just for fun. ALL of them were in better shape than the remains of this one, even the cheaper ones. I think there was a straight-8 '42 Packard Clipper that had been garaged since 1946 and had a an engine rebuild 10 years ago for $2,500. The U.S. version of this site has cars that are here, though some are old listings, or already sold, from other sites.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)
  • Like 1

There was an article in a recent issue of "Antique Automobile", I think, about that paricular Auburn. The guy dragged it out of the weeds with the intention of restoring it but found a boat tail car that he restored instead. Beautiful job,won all the awards.I think it was a 29.He painted it silver and black. The above car was next

Edited by Dave Mellor NJ (see edit history)

It would be a logical guess that your friend Glen is also on this forum. He stopped by here to look at the Boat Tail Speedster project we have for sale, nice guy. He said his father was into ACD cars, and searched this part of the country back in the 70's. He did tell me about his Auburn project. A lot of work will be needed on that nugget of Auburn ore pulled from the mine. That project would be good street rod/custom material to me. A nice 30's Indy style build would be cool, or a custom roadster with a lift off top.  I will keep my eyes open for any Auburn parts for Glen, but I think he has more contacts and sources then I do. The only parts we have are for our project. Will look good however he finishes it out.