2016 Buick Club of America 50th Anniversary Event

Guest Jeff 1952

In Columbus, in 1999, we had 752 cars and 1402 attendees.

In Flint, as I recall, over 2000 cars in 2003.

This is a different time and an aging Club so I am trilled for all those who are willing and able to attend!

I am trying to work it out so BRIDE and I can ATTEND.  We should know late this week.

Question?  Do you think it would be possible for me to set up a card table displaying my Buick inspired large scale models?

Models considering, 1940's GM FuturLiner bus, Buick powered Hot Rod version 30" long.  The 1946 Detroit  parade float where Buick introduced the 1946 car, 26" long, and my just finished award winning 1925 Miller Indy car, Buick Straight Eight powered, 30" long.

I would be happy to do such out in the display area, or where ever.   I am 'NOT' trying to sell a thing, just showing my Buick models.  Two or three of them.  NONE are FOR SALE.

I would place a sign on such table, SMITHBROTHER, in hopes of meeting many of you, and IF Ben's there, he can clobber me, Got to love that Ben.

Walking the show area I would wear a shoulder sign SMITHBROTHER hoping folks from the site will introduce themselves. 

What ya think?

Dale in Indy

P.S.  We will be driving the 41 highly modified Limited, but will hide it, don't want to upset the apple cart.  

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Can YOU imagine an older PURIST Buick on the road to the BCA, and gets passed by a 80 MPH 41 modified Limited?  Man oh man, it loves 80 MPH.

I took the visor off, it slowed the beast to much, hehe,  NO whitewalls either.

I would wave, as they would thumb their nose. 

Life is not fair sometimes.

A rare car like this,  well it wouldn't go over well, I understand.  I'll let Matt be the Limited bearer, maybe one or two more will show to.  

Dale in Indy

So there is a rumor floating around that the flea market has to pack up entirely each night and then entirely unpack each morning. THAT RUMOR IS FALSE! The site will be closed and locked up each night, but you need not pack up. Just the normal pack up to secure as you wish is fine (SAME AS IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN). 

• Like 1

Brian,

Glad you were able to "nip this one in the bud", and it brings up an interesting point. 

NOTE TO ANY AND ALL:

I would encourage anyone hearing a rumor or unofficial information, to please post any question on this forum. I think Jeff or any committee members should be able to get you a straight answer.  The last thing we need is false information.

John  

12 hours ago, smithbrother said:

Can YOU imagine an older PURIST Buick on the road to the BCA, and gets passed by a 80 MPH 41 modified Limited?  Man oh man, it loves 80 MPH

Dale, can you imagine a 41 modified Limited being passed by an older Purist?  Watch for Mikey in your rear view mirror.

Also, to Ben and Dale, don't forget to sign up for the Forum Happy Hour. 

I understand Ben, FAMILY comes first.  

I would love to meet YOU, I bet we have more in common that one would think. 

Maybe you could bolt that VISOR on my car, loaning it to me until the next BCA event, but I'm sure it would get HOME SICK, don't ya think?

Maybe things will work out, HOPE SO.

Dale in Indy

Well, aren't YOU the 'nice' one Dave.  

For those that don't know, Dave, is the reason I built the 1946 Detroit float that is shown at the bottom of his post above, and ALL his posts.

It is a piece I really like.  I would be thrilled to have it standing PROUD at the BCA gathering.

Dale in Indy

• Like 1

Guest Jeff 1952

Thanks to all the wonderful Buick Club members, we have reached our Buick Heritage Alliance dinner goal of 400 members. We are now sold out and unable to take anymore reservations.   

Bill, I have started building a 1/4th scale of the 1910 Buick Bug.  It will be approx. 35" long, tire/rim combo will be 8" in diameter, that diameter is about the length of purchased car models,  so the BRIGHT RED Bug, will stand PROUD.  It will be a year long build, I have one wheel shaped, and am happy with it, so will do the other 3, then make a jig to cut in the tread.  

I am doing the tire/rim combo first, cutting in the tire tread will be a bit tricky, maybe the most difficult part of the build, so like GRANDMA SAID, "CLEAN THE CORNERS OF THE ROOM FIRST, THE REST WILL BE A SNAP" hehe.

I may bring some of the Bug pieces to the gathering,

Dale in Indy

• Like 1

Guest Jeff 1952

If your Buick is on the show field, you will still need to have a fire extinguisher in your car for safety.

Sorry in advance if this question has already been asked:

I registered on line and got a confirming back but have not yet seen a charge on my card. Is this done later? Did I mess it up? Will I also get something in the US Mail for a confirmation?

Thank you - really looking forward to the meet!

:)

Guest Jeff 1952

The latest/greatest Registration Numbers:

Total Attendees:             1376    (We had 1402 when Buick's Were Fine in 99).

Cars:                                595

Vendor Spaces:               135

BCA Banquet                   745

BHA Banquet                   Sold Out

Dorney Park                    164

Edited by Jeff 1952 (see edit history)

Guest Jeff 1952

Those who have NOT received a confirmation letter, should have one coming this week. We were a bit behind and now we will ketchup.  

To check for the up to the minute information, you can always call the office:  614-472-3939.

15 hours ago, Bill Stoneberg said:

Everyone will receive one last letter with details on where to park and your parking pass.  These will be going out after July 6th.

Hang in there, we have had a last minute rush on registrations.

How many more registrations did we get in the last minute rush?

Guest Jeff 1952

Registrants                        1400

Show Cars                           601

Trailers                                  93

Vendor Spaces                    141

BCA Banquet                      759

BHA Banquet                      413     Sold Out

Dorney Cruise                    172

To all the members running the meet Thanks to you All

i know some of this might have been asked before but to clear up some questions please

1) the hours from 7am to 6pm  wed thurs fri and 7am to 3pm on sat does that mean if you are not leaving your car on the show field it MUST be removed by 6pm? 

i see there is no 24hr access but are those hours the only hours that we can be on the show field,

and if we leave a car can we get back to it to access it at any time other than those hours?

2) the 10 x 10 tents allowed  does this mean there will be enough room behind each car for a 10x 10 tent?

if so there is a perfect spot for chapter banners!

3) for those of us that are not attending the Banquets or Dorney park does anyone know of any local cruise spots we could invade with our Buicks?

4)is Saturday the only day that BCA members will be able to view Mr Bulgari's collection or will it be available other days?

5) will there be available car wash as the host hotel usually has at other meets?

if not is there any local NO TOUCH car washes in the area?

again thanks for all the hard work

marty

• Like 1