2015 FORUM BREAKFAST ROSTER

JohnD1956

Okay, we have a group of 21 as of this writing.  Of the 21, 16 are forum regulars and 5 of you are bringing guests.   The door is still open so anyone else who wants to join in should still feel free to add their name to this thread.

Review of the survey shows 16 people have voted, and 56% favor noon time at Hooters.  So I'll contact them today and see what needs to be done.  I'll repost when the plans are established.

• Like 1

2015 Forum Gathering information:

Hooters Restaurant

2010 E. Independence Street

Springfield MO

Arrive 11:30 to Noon.

Ask for the Buick Club space. We have room for more than those who have indicated attendance, so feel free to come unannounced and bring a friend.

Order off the menu, and don't feel obligated to wait for everyone to arrive before ordering.

Forum Flea Market Swap to commence around noon

Phone for restaurant:  417 887 9464

Map below:

post-77230-0-41071700-1432752731_thumb.j

• Like 1

I thought I had put requests in for two but don't see it listed. Count me in for two and make sure the beer is cold! Lamar we are going to miss you again. It has been way too long!!

Gary

Yeah, Lamar, I almost backed out when you said you could not attend. ALMOST!! See the rest of you in A  WEEK plus couple days.

Ben

I'm hoping to be there with my father again this year. (I think he's up for the drive from Chicago!)

JohnD, in case you hadn't counted us in yet, I can confirm that my father and I will be at the forum breakfast/lunch.

We arrived in Springfield, MO around 4pm today. We made very good time in my father's 2013 Enclave. Only 7 hours and 15 minutes from the north suburbs of Chicago to the Springfield Doubletree Hotel down the street from the Ramada. (And that includes a brief detour in St. Louis to drive by and around Busch Stadium.)

Looking forward to the events of the week, and especially to the forum gathering on Friday.

Ike

Now that would be a picture, 1915 Buick truck loaded down with Hooters. I can imagine a few captions for that.

Speakin of pictures, I want to see pictures. lotsapictures!!! Maybe one of them panoramic shots.

How about a video? It would be like you were almost there!

Caught up with some old friends.

Met some folks I have only communicated with for a while.

I had never met Mudbone. I met Tony M. , 2carb40 and a few others I can't think of. This is THE REASON to come to the Nationals for me.

Now... All of you dummies who are reading this who are in Springfield. I am going to be down at my wagon around 7-7:30. The cooler has beer in it. Bring more. Bring ice. Bring a chair.

• Like 2

Well, I finally own a turbo car.

Marck made the mistake of sitting at a table with a bunch of guys with pre-war Buicks. It looks like his Reatta will need to stay here as he'll only have room for one car on the trailer and that '39 will look mighty pretty behind his truck heading to NC.

This years Forum Breakfast hosted 34 people. It was an unusually active swapping session with "The" can of Spam making an appearance ( Thanks Cindy Livingston) and also the reappearance of the remainder of the fabled Serbian Brandy, which was broken down to a dozen small bottles and given as door prizes.

This years Buickman Award was presented to Sean Smith in absentia. Larry Schramm was a close runner up. Both Mark Shaw and Joe Taubitz tied for honors. Larry was there to receive his award.

Thanks Brian De Pouli for taking a lot of pictures. I'll have to post them at a different time cause it's an early day tomorrow. But I'd just like to leave you all this one picture:

post-77230-0-65730100-1434168664_thumb.j

• Like 4

This years Forum Breakfast hosted 34 people. It was an unusually active swapping session with "The" can of Spam making an appearance ( Thanks Cindy Livingston) and also the reappearance of the remainder of the fabled Serbian Brandy, which was broken down to a dozen small bottles and given as door prizes.

This years Buickman Award was presented to Sean Smith in absentia. Larry Schramm was a close runner up. Both Mark Shaw and Joe Taubitz tied for honors. Larry was there to receive his award.

Thanks Brian De Pouli for taking a lot of pictures. I'll have to post them at a different time cause it's an early day tomorrow. But I'd just like to leave you all this one picture:

attachicon.giftn_DSC00296.JPG

You rascal!!

Ben

• Like 1