I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

Doing things like that last picture is a sure way to get your wife to pray out loud (POL?) in the car! I know.

We had our '67 Electra on this access road by a reservoir in Vermont one time........ And then there was the time we lost traction going up the side of a mountain with the '71 Ford convertible......

She just pressed her hands together and kept saying "Please give him some common sense". I looked around, but there was on one with us.

I remember my Mother sitting beside me in the passenger seat praying. as well.

Bernie

I snagged this [icture a couple of days ago I never saw it before:

post-46237-143142473814_thumb.jpg

In New York State we can run year of manufacture plates on antique cars or personal plates. Maybe the Skylark in the water should have the one I picked out for my '60:

post-46237-143142473817_thumb.png

I picked out another that could be more fitting to some of the stunts I have done. It is for my '94 Impala SS and kind of celebrates the Spanish heritage of my ancient Milesian/Irish ancestors:

post-46237-143142473819_thumb.png could be on that Skylark, too.

Bernie

Reminds me of a great scene in "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World" Sid Silvers is driving a Ford convertible, on the advice of a little kid who knows a shortcut, through a flowing stream. As the car floats away with Silvers in it, he screams at the kid, "This is no place for a con-voit-able!!"

Reminds me of a great scene in "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World" Sid Silvers is driving a Ford convertible, on the advice of a little kid who knows a shortcut, through a flowing stream. As the car floats away with Silvers in it, he screams at the kid, "This is no place for a con-voit-able!!"

Phil (not Sid) Silvers played Otto Meyer, the guy in the Ford Convertible. Sid Ceasar played Melville Crump; husband of Monica Crump, played by the lovely Edie Adams.

And Edie Adam's mother was played by Ethel Merman who was constantly berating Jonathan Winters, the Tow-Truck driver.

Buddy Hackett was a scream in that film, and Spencer Tracy was excellent as the soon-to-be retired cop - as everybody was looking for the buried treasure under the big "W" which was where 4 leaning palm trees intersected.

I think every comedian ever was in that great movie.

And Edie Adam's mother was played by Ethel Merman who was constantly berating Jonathan Winters, the Tow-Truck driver.

Buddy Hackett was a scream in that film, and Spencer Tracy was excellent as the soon-to-be retired cop - as everybody was looking for the buried treasure under the big "W" which was where 4 leaning palm trees intersected.

I think every comedian ever was in that great movie.

I have that movie on DVD and shared it with my grandson when he was probably 5 or 6; he's 10 now. Now every time he comes over to spend the night he wants to watch it again. He's getting really good at saying the correct lines at the right times. His favorite scene is when Jonathan Winters tears up the service station run by Marvin Kaplan and Arnold Stang (Irwin and Ray.)

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Years ago, 1970's, the local Baltimore stations aired this movie every New Years Eve. I watched every New Years. A movie we all looked forward too. Been a while since then and watching it. I do have it on DVD and shared with my kids....on New Years Eve a while back. Its good clean comedy/slap stick.

We had, since Dad was a Buick dealer, them ALL.........

My personal choice was the 53 Skylark, but for a standard Buick, I lean heavy to the 54's. I guess because they are cleaner looking, not so much chrome, and the 55's & 56's always looked front heavy with the huge bumpers, BUT THAT'S JUST ME.

Our 55 Century was a real top end car, and I had lots of top end races on route 66. I grew up in Bloomington, Il, and R-66 was right there, so fun fun. The speed limit signs read,' REASONABLE AND PROPER'....

Wishing you the best in your find,

Dale in Indy

Guest 75RivGS
That looks like a park in Austin where they hold car shows sometimes. The road floods occasionally. I saw a boattail Riv get stuck once after his distributor got wet.

Also in a park in Austin where the road floaded (they changed it since)..This photo was made when my friend Erik (Bad Boattail) and I drove Frank's (Austingta) Riviera GS from upstate NY to Austin back in December 2008:

RoadTripErik284.jpg

Wow, loved the picture of the Model 49 1957 Buick a few posts ago by BhamBulldog! What a sweet car! Also, Robert, the first picture above looks like it could be an cover pic for the Stephen King Novel Buick 8..if you haven't read it, it is worth the read, for you horror story lovers!. Hope today in MI was a little better for you as well! 81 and sun!