I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this 1958 Buick and Dealership on Flickr yesterday.

If you would like to see the entire Buick album of 80 Kodachrome slides, click the link below.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117891934@N07/sets/72157641136806553

14275912260_cd056aac97_o.jpg

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

Guest shadetree77

Cartoon penned by famous cartoonist Russell Brockbank back when the '49 Buick came out with the first Venti-Ports. Apparently this drawing contributed to the many nicknames for those holes. Ever heard them called "mouse holes"? :)

post-75106-143142582371_thumb.jpg

Cartoon penned by famous cartoonist Russell Brockbank back when the '49 Buick came out with the first Venti-Ports. Apparently this drawing contributed to the many nicknames for those holes. Ever heard them called "mouse holes"? :)
I've actually never heard them being called anything else but mouse holes until I came to this site.

I always called them Portholes.

Ben

I always say the holes are "where the Dynaflows"

Edited by bhambulldog (see edit history)

Cartoonists have a wealth of material to work with on early Buicks!

post-31244-143142587692_thumb.jpg

post-31244-143142587695_thumb.jpg

Well you can take it from me, don't ever pull up beside a chicken hauler at a red light, with your window down. Or up for that matter. Apparently the day before catching and loading, they hold feed and only give water. Who would ever believe how far a chicken can.....

OK.... back on subject here.......

speakin of chickens, check the one out to the left of the Buick. Actually I am thinking that is a White Eagle cast iron statue, the promotional mascot of the White Eagle Oil Company. But I thought they were bought out by Standard, not Mobil Oil???

KGrHqJoQFCsLg-C9BQ511Me-ow60_57_zps910a6958.jpg

Mr Earl, I don't know about dogs, but I have vivid memories of passing a cattle truck at the wrong time. There was a huge amount of yellow fluid that hit the windshield and side of one of my LeSabres. I think it was my white '95 model.

It can be worse, what about when THEY pass you and your in a Roadster - you reckon you don't pull your arm in in a hurry!!!

post-31244-143142588958_thumb.jpg

post-31244-143142588961_thumb.jpg

Well you can take it from me, don't ever pull up beside a chicken hauler at a red light, with your window down. Or up for that matter. Apparently the day before catching and loading, they hold feed and only give water. Who would ever believe how far a chicken can.....

Nor do you want to be at a service station in Winslow, AR when a chicken hauler pulls in for gas and they've stacked the chicken cages higher than the canopy on the station. EVERY part of the chicken (not necessarily connected) plus flying wood fills the air. All you can do is suppress the gag and drive on. Luckily we'd filled and were on our way out.

Ed

That body style hit the race tracks often. A very good friend LES SNOW drove one at Daytona a couple years. I believe his was a 55, and is pictured in some Buick history books.

Love the stance, color isn't my 1st. choice, BUT looks good on this car.

Thanks for posting,

Dale in Indy