I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

I have always liked the 36 grill, and for sure the grill emblem.

With that in mind, a couple years ago I made a GIANT version of the emblem. Actually a 17" version.

Maybe you didn't know that the Buick script on the emblem is SOLID COPPER, then CHROMED.

I found an aluminum platter at a GoodWill store, $1.00, turned it over to make my version.

I sprayed the maroon and taped off and sprayed the stripes. It was a fun piece to make. Also the front of my Hot Rod bus has an original 36 grill script on the front.

Just having fun, Oh, did I say, I DO SCALLOPS??? hehe.

Dale in Indy post-67970-143142890971_thumb.jpg

I have always liked the 36 grill, and for sure the grill emblem.

With that in mind, a couple years ago I made a GIANT version of the emblem. Actually a 17" version.

Maybe you didn't know that the Buick script on the emblem is SOLID COPPER, then CHROMED.

I found an aluminum platter at a GoodWill store, $1.00, turned it over to make my version.

I sprayed the maroon and taped off and sprayed the stripes. It was a fun piece to make. Also the front of my Hot Rod bus has an original 36 grill script on the front.

Just having fun, Oh, did I say, I DO SCALLOPS??? hehe.

Dale in Indy [ATTACH=CONFIG]286987[/ATTACH]

Very beautifully done, Dale in Indy! Thanks for the feedback and education! Keep up the great work!

I think this is a '39 Buick. What do you think ? Can you tell what series it is ?

10848920_923303294348475_3780797340778706381_o.jpg

1939 for sure, but to figure out the Series would take some "serious digging"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Post #1747, love the fellow sitting on the porch railing, looks like he is wearing a bow tie tooooooooo!

Nice Dave,

Dale in Indy

Dale

I just learned from one of my Flickr contacts, that this location is Washington Ave in Grand Haven, Michigan.

The house to the right is still there.

Here is a link as to how it looks today.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.063251,-86.228597,3a,75y,11.02h,88.66t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s2Bb3MkQzxXRAo27mX0Aw_Q!2e0