Spotted this car today. 1930 Cadillac V16 roadster.

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for posting. And,  yes, I can find room in my garage for one, even if I have to kick the two current cars, the lawnmower, and the weedeater out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Please remember that there are many younger people who don't recognize this car. We would appreciate at least knowing the manufacturer if not the year, model and any other information that the more knowledgeable and experienced members might know and would be willing to share with us.

Thank you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Crusty Trucker said:

Please remember that there are many younger people who don't recognize this car. We would appreciate at least knowing the manufacturer if not the year, model and any other information that the more knowledgeable and experienced members might know and would be willing to share with us.

Thank you.

1930 Cadillac V16 roadster.

1930 Cadillac V-16 Roadster.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Crusty Trucker said:

Thank you.

Younger?  Hmmm.  Not sure how I feel about that.   Here you go:

https://bid.goodingco.com/lots/view/1-67ELN8/1930-cadillac-series-452-v-16-roadster

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Haha 2

Just now, 1912Staver said:

I know they are part of the uniqueness of this car, but I can't say I particularly like the wood wheels. Everything else about the car is amazing.

Typically, I would take wires over wood 99 out of 100 times. This might be an exception because it’s the only one. Sort of like mid 30s cars with wood is something you never see so maybe it’s not bad. We were as many of the cars in the 20s had wood wheels 

• Like 3

It's the  late Teens - 1920's cars with wires I like the best . Usually pin drive Buffalo's . Better yet Rudge. Gives the sportier models of the era a look that is hard to beat. Like they are ready to go toe to toe with a 4 1/2 Bentley.

8 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Any one know year, make and model of this car. Imagine on one of the banners hung up.

8034A7EF-7002-4D65-9119-F19540AC611F.jpeg

An AI-generated hallucination of a sporty 1920's car...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Can't fool me, I recognize those Hudson hub caps.

The emblem on the caps you are seeing....

1930 Cadillac cap.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Any one know year, make and model of this car. Imagine on one of the banners hung up.

8034A7EF-7002-4D65-9119-F19540AC611F.jpeg

It's interesting that AI couldn't figure out that the spare tire is blocking the door from opening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

Wooden wheels and triangular centers in the hub caps. Oh, wait The light blue one has a Duesenberg grille and hood ornament.

003.jpg.cb744d801125021054a04e6d3af86c0f.jpg

These wheels look suspiciously like wood grained General Jumbos...

David Burge on X: ""General Jumbo" wheels were made for General Tire Co,  smaller diameter rims to fit their Jumbo brand big sidewall balloon tires.  Throughout the 20s-30s, cars transitioned away from

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

What you can’t see is the big half circle cutout in the door for clearance.🤔

That's right.

I don't think AI saw it either.

Doors appear to be front opening with the handle/latch under the "B" pillar.

Strange to have a "B" pillar on what seems  to be a roadster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

I do have a Hudson hub cap here. I can wear  it on a chain around my neck, my version of a big clock. Tell everyone it is the weight holding me down in life.😂

A8A997A2-EBC5-4A88-BBE6-071DE267BBB1.jpeg

that's a wheel cover 😀

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Dave Wells said:

It's interesting that AI couldn't figure out that the spare tire is blocking the door from opening.

I have a habit of calling that "programmer paradigm deficiency". A shortfall that spans two centuries and quite common.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 11:20 AM, Dave Wells said:

I've seen Model As that have a similar problem. 

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Spotted this car today. 1930 Cadillac V16 roadster.
1 hour ago, Leif in Calif said:

I've seen Model As that have a similar problem. 

I did not like that about my 1929 Model A truck....

post-37352-14313801899.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/19/2024 at 5:56 PM, Xander Wildeisen said:

FB96CF14-817F-455B-AAD2-21E757D2F5C9.jpeg

Just seeing this post now. Glad you enjoyed seeing our 1930 Cadillac Series 452 Roadster at the La Jolla Concours. 

We may have spent a premium for this Cadillac, but...find another one! This was custom order the way you see it by a Mr. Floyd Becker in NJ. 

The artillery wheels and rear spares are just the start to a list of custom touches like a modified top, cute seat cushions, and custom door pockets. 

It is one of our favorites in the fleet, and it now drives as good as it looks. No trailer queen here. We did 70 miles the day after this photo. 

Funny that the hubcaps are mentioned on this thread, as I sadly lost one on the tour! 

If any San Diegoans find a "V16" badge on the side of the road I can promise you I know who it belongs to!! 

Matt Goist - The Singleton Collection 

• Like 7