Wondering Who on This Forum is From Minnesota. Please Give a Shout With Your City/Town.

George Smolinski

How about listing 1 or more of your current cars too?

I'll start with Woodbury, MN. I have 0 vehicles right now. Sold my '66 Impala, 500hp 454, T400, 12 bolt 3:73 posi about 3 years ago. Just sold my '69 C10 CST, total restoration. Now looking at a '37 Chev 2 door sedan and a 1971 Corvette, 350, 4 speed, original owner.

IMG_3934.JPG

img019.jpg

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, West Peterson said:

I'm "from" Minnesota... but it's been in my rear-view mirror for 40 years now. Does that count?

I work for a company based in Minneapolis, but telework from North Carolina. Does that also count?

1940 Chevrolet Special Deluxe 

1953 Packard Clipper Sportster

1987 MCB 560 SL

Edited by CChinn (see edit history)

I'm from NJ, but was transferred by Prudential Insurance to Minneapolis in 1964 and stayed until 1970, when I was again transferred to Houston.  (Talk about culture shock!)  I bought my first collector car, a 1931 Model A Ford Victoria, in 1965 and joined the AACA and the Central (Minneapolis) Chapter.

Gil Fitzhugh, Morristown, NJ

17 minutes ago, oldcarfudd said:

I'm from NJ, but was transferred by Prudential Insurance to Minneapolis in 1964 and stayed until 1970, when I was again transferred to Houston.  (Talk about culture shock!)  I bought my first collector car, a 1931 Model A Ford Victoria, in 1965 and joined the AACA and the Central (Minneapolis) Chapter.

Gil Fitzhugh, Morristown, NJ

I'm curious if you knew my father and/or Tom Warth as fellow employees (and car enthusiasts) of Prudential at that time???

I'm not from Minnesota, but my car is. My '69 Impala was out there from new until 2004 when I purchase it. It was purchased new at the Village Chevrolet Co. in Wayzata by Mr. Henry Anderson of Wayzata. Second owner was Ms. Gloria Van Nyhuis of Nevis, Mn. Then a flipper purchased it from the second owner's estate sale and the car went north to Audubon, Mn. I purchased it from the flipper on Ebay and had it shipped to my home here in NY. I know it's a long shot, but it would be cool to find out if any of the members here had known these prior owners or family members.

Thanks

image.png.0250b147ca1a9043539a3868f95e7b68.png

• Like 4

20 hours ago, West Peterson said:

I'm curious if you knew my father and/or Tom Warth as fellow employees (and car enthusiasts) of Prudential at that time???

Sorry, West, I didn't know either of them, either through the car club or the Pru.  Were they in the Minneapolis Regional Home Office, as I was, or elsewhere in one of the sales offices?

Looks like I missed knowing a couple of good people.

Gil

Like West.  Minnneapolis has been in my rearview mirror since 1950.  

Like oldcarfudd, I in lived in NJ in my Wonder Bread years (5-15) and Retired from Prudentail

Financial after 23 years as a Financial Advisor in Florida.  Both my parents grew up in

Minneapolis and went to High School and College there before moving us all to Princeton,

NJ 1950.

17 hours ago, oldcarfudd said:

Sorry, West, I didn't know either of them, either through the car club or the Pru.  Were they in the Minneapolis Regional Home Office, as I was, or elsewhere in one of the sales offices?

Looks like I missed knowing a couple of good people.

Gil

They both worked in the building facing Highway 12 (now it's I-394), west of Minneapolis near corner of Highway 100. They were more involved with the Classic Car Club, but were both members of AACA as well. Tom Warth went on to build Classic Motorbooks, ignoring my dad's advice to remain at Prudential where he had job security.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in Minneapolis, Just joined AACA but been tinkering around with old cars for 40 years. 

Own a '52 Allard K2 and '54 Kaiser Darrin (both need work)

• Like 2

Independence Mn but a Az snowbird in the winter (Goodyear).

Almost too many cars to list:

51 Super convert

52 Super woodie

53 Roadmaster woodie

56 Century

56 Special

64 Electra

60 Rambler Cross Country

71  Catalina convert

75 Grandville convert

• Like 1